PDA

View Full Version : Weight Capacity

mmandley
05-10-2009, 01:38 AM
I did a search and only found things about towing weights.

What im wondering is when the sitcker in the boat says Capacity 13 people or 1800Lbs is that including Ballast?

Or is the ballast considered seperatly and it would be say

1800 Lbs human weight and 1200 Ballast weight since thats the stack G3 system i have?

So if i change the bags in my lockers to 500 ot 750s do i have to start subtracting people weight as to not overload my boat?

Razzman
05-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Ed is right, never overload the boat. That being said the Coast Guard does not consider ballast in the weight capacity equation. That doesn't mean your local authorities won't, I've seen it happen.

mmandley
05-10-2009, 03:15 PM
OK thanks for the info.

Im still unclear about when the manufacture says 1800 Lbs and the boat came with the 1200 ballast system. Does that account to 3K?

I understand the rest just fine. What im wondering is because everyone talks about Wake surfing to have 2K plus ballast and then passengers so all those boats are over weight?

Im not worried about the water patrol for the most part. I have everything on board im supposed to have. Im not running any ballast yet as im a nooby to the water sports. Just curious because a day like today we have 9 people with us so that along should make some pretty wicked wakes.

Razzman
05-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Thge capacity sticker is a coast guard requirement for peeps and gear, ballast not included.

mmandley
05-11-2009, 04:42 AM
First off whats with the 2 Spammers we have on the Wedsite all the sudden.

Second made it out to the Hagg Lake today. Was realy empty actually, musta been because Mothers Day and mom didn't want to be on the boat LOL.

Well it was about 71 outside and i don't know the temp of the water =/ don't know a web site that would list nor have i bought the new Temp/Depth gauge i saw in a older post here. The water was a bit on the cold side but i really didn't care lol.

Did some tubing with friends. We had 8 people today, 2 kids, 1 teen and 5 adults. Made for a nice wake with no real ballast i filled the center locker to help keep the nose down a bit because everyone wanted to sit in the back of the boat.

Made my second attempt at wake boarding. Didn't make it up on the water again. A lot better then last time i was almost up 2x the board was starting to plane and i think i tried to stand up to fast because it pulled me over the board then. Went untill my forearms were sore and i can feel the soreness coming into my shoulders a bit already. Still not sure if its me or my driver draging me. I felt a couple times if i had more speed faster i would have made it. I feel like im fighting the water a lot and eventually it gets to much and finaly pulls me over the board or i lose the handle.

Well ill keep trying because im not one to give up on anything.

jester
05-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I would like to say again that our new moderators are doing a great job. Spam has been very low and if people do post spam it is taken care of quickly. Thank you again moderators for a great job.

mikebu
05-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Made my second attempt at wake boarding. Didn't make it up on the water again. A lot better then last time i was almost up 2x the board was starting to plane and i think i tried to stand up to fast because it pulled me over the board then. Went untill my forearms were sore and i can feel the soreness coming into my shoulders a bit already. Still not sure if its me or my driver draging me. I felt a couple times if i had more speed faster i would have made it. I feel like im fighting the water a lot and eventually it gets to much and finaly pulls me over the board or i lose the handle.

Well ill keep trying because im not one to give up on anything.

Don't fight the water or try to stand up. Once the boat starts moving push your toes forward so the board goes parallel to the water. Don't worry if it goes underwater. Body wise you should be compressed with your ass behind the board. The board will rise as the boat speed increases and start to plane on the water. Once the board is planing you can stand up and you will be sliding sideways. Then turn your body towards the boat and you are up. Wait for the board and don't fight anything other then staying compressed. Shaun Murray has a 3 Dvd set called Dentention 2012 that has a great section on this along with other instructions that is worth picking up.

McMoomba
05-11-2009, 12:38 PM
^^^^^ good advice, I would only add when you get up to hold the handle at your leading hip.

mmandley
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
thanks Mikebu

Last week i was only nose diving over my board and i figured out by watching some online videos that i wasn't pushing the board forward tot he boat like you mentioned, i was leaving it up and down in the water.

So this weekend i was pushing it forward as hard as i could and it was almost planing a few times but i think i was trying to stand to soon. As you mention stay compressed as long as i can till the board is on the water and i think i was getting to excited that it was almost on the water.

I made 8 to 10 attempts and my forearms were spent.

Ill look into those videos and see what the price is. Were a bit tight on coin because im trying to get us out each weekend and also saving for June when i have a vacation coming and i intend to spend that on the water lol.

I see some nice weather in the forecast this weekend 5/16 5/17 coming too so ill be hitting the water. Saturday is AWS day so im going to goto that so doubt ill be on the water unless its more to the afternoon. Sunday im trying to decide if i want to stay local or goto Dex in Eugene.

98outback
05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
The thing i see the most when someone is learning to wakeboard is they try to pull themself up instead of letting the boat do the work. Be patient and take a break if you have to or your arms will wear out quick. Keep you knees bent almost like you are sitting in an invisible chair. Once up stay leaned back just a little until you get used to it so you dont nose dive forward. Once you get it one time you will have it from then on out.

kaneboats
05-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Once you get it one time you will have it from then on out.

Well, you would think so. When I was learning a few years ago (and I had been skiing for over 25 years by then) I hot the hang of it and got up several times. The next time out I couldn't get up for the life of me. I made my brother come around at least a dozen times before I figured it out again. Best advice: Get your hind side up on top of the board and the board out of the water before you try to stand up. Keep your arms extended and let the boat do the work. If you do this you'll make it.

NCSUmoomba
05-14-2009, 01:29 PM
My understanding of the capacity sticker is that includes ballast. I think mine actually mentions it, I will try to take a pic of mine and post it.

brenpire
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Mmandley - Do you have perfect pass on your boat? if so there is a water temp function inside the options on the perfect pass gauge.

mmandley
05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys and gals.

I went and bought the Detention 2012 DVD and its pretty awesome. I learned so fare im trying to treat the board like a ski and keep the tip out of the water. Mentally i kept thinking if i let ig go underwater im sunk, like a ski.

So i will be working on that this weekend.

Brenpire - No i don't have Perfect Pass =( It would have been another 1100 upgrade and i really wanted the sub, duel batteries and Z5 cargo rack. I have read a post that the temp wire is already in the boat and ran tot he dash for the Perfect Pass add on all i have to do is locate that wire and get the Temp / Depth gauge online. Thats only 150 so im going to do that but right now every time i turn around im getting hit with something financial. Where making it threw all the money rollers but for some reason each week something new is coming up we have to buy or pay for.

mcdye
05-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys and gals.

I went and bought the Detention 2012 DVD and its pretty awesome. I learned so fare im trying to treat the board like a ski and keep the tip out of the water. Mentally i kept thinking if i let ig go underwater im sunk, like a ski.

So i will be working on that this weekend.

Samething here, tried to keep the edge out of the water. I got "The Book" series and ready to try again.