PDA

View Full Version : Advice for kids

volfo
05-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Looking to buy first "real" skis for my 8 year old son. I'd like to get something easy to learn to slalom on as I want to teach him to slalom this summer (he'll turn 9). Anyone have any advice?

Reese350
05-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Once our 6 year old got the hang of slalom on the Obrien Jr Combo's, we bought him an HO Judge and he really took off. It's a great ski made specifically for a Jr. I would recommend it. I just checked where I got mine and www.wileyski.com has the 2007 version on closeout for $199. That's a steal.

volfo
05-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks Reece! Now I just need to figure out the size I guess.

Mikey
05-10-2009, 07:09 PM
There are lots of decent combo sets that would work well for this.The slalom ski in these combo sets are still very beginner but would allow your son and others to start out and enjoy learning to slalom . Maybe by end of season would a true slalon ski be warrented,after some skiing skills have developed.
I'm old or at least feel old and in early days you skied on whatever was available ,usually NOT kids skis but you learned to adjust and concour. Skis today are far more advanced and gender/ size specific , but just the same let your son learn ,enjoy then worry about getting a GOOD ski.