PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth of the Sea Dek swim deck cover.

mmandley
05-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Well after reading all the posts on the group buy you guys did im trying to get Chuck to agree to another group purchase deal. Spoke to himn in an email today and he said i can get 10% off by myself but i asked him if we can get another group buy going since theres still a lot of chatter from people wanting one.

Hes offering it to me at 198 right now and emailed him back and asked if we can get another 8 peeps to buy in if we can get the same 20% off. If your interested let me know.

Id like to get the buy in by the end of May.

Ill repost as soon as i get another email from him < tomorrow id expect >

mmandley
05-08-2009, 08:49 AM
So Ed are you saying to wait right now also? Are you working on something with Chuck? I dont mind waiting a bit longer. I am not having any issues with my swim deck as of yet.

I just know i want to upgrade that hard black deck to a softer custom looking one.

Razzman
05-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Read between the lines, I do believe that's exactly what he's saying. ;)

mmandley
05-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I hate to read between the lines to be honest..Thats where assumption sets in and all the mistakes are made. I work for Intel and we don't read between lines its plain and simple and exact or its wrong LOL.

Glad you cleared this up Ed.

Also Chuck did email me and said he would honor a 20% discount again for an 8+ group.

So if anyone is interested still let me know. I'd love to get another group going to get some new deck pads. BTW Chuck said the pad has a 3 year warranty against all defects.

Mid Tenn LSV
05-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Funny, I did not realize the old SeaDek post was as old as it was. I just left a message with Sea Dek today about a one piece swim deck cover today. If there is a group buy pending I am in. I will put the pressure on Chad at SeaDek tomorrow and will post my results as well. I am sure they are reaping lots of business thanks to the Moomba forum. I, for one, would not know about the product with out the forum. I am ready to order and will discuss with Chad.

mmandley
05-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Mid Tenn i agree i would have never thought to replace this cover i would jsut keep dealing with the hard black one. As for right now im not building a list only due to Eds response that hes working on a new design and id like to wait a little to see if and see if i like it or not. I was at AWS here in Beaverton Portland < suburbs of Portland > and they didnt even know Seadek was doing this sort of thing so now they know and can refer more new owners also.

I would like to hear what you get back with them and hopefully Ed will have some more info on his new ideas and results very soon.

mmandley
05-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Thats fine Ed no rush =)

Matt Glenn
05-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm intrested in group buy for a pad. I think the Rio is sweat. Let me know when you will place the order.

P.S. how do you get the old one off????

mmandley
05-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Theres a list building now on the group buy. Im not positive on the total number but we will get it worked out.

As fare as removing it there a thread on it in the modifications if i recall.

Basicaly a heat gun or natural sunlight to get it real hot then plyers and pull the old one off. Then you have to use some adhesive remover to get the old glue off.

Miller_Time
05-16-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm interested in the group buy as well! Sounds like a great deal, and my stock pad bleeding black all over peoples feet now. Its making a mess of my baby!!!

mmandley
05-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Ok guess now is as good a time as any to build a list.

1. Mmandley
2. Smrtz
3. Matt Glenn
4. Mid Tenn LSV
5. jman3132000
6. Vanmoomba

OK post if your in and when we hit 8 i will get every ones real names and send Chuck the email so when we all call in to pay he can sort us for the 20% discount price.

Smrtz
05-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Hey Ed, Any hints about this new design you are working on???

jman3132000
05-17-2009, 10:23 AM
put me on the list

mmandley
05-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Ok jman313200 your on the list above.

mmandley
05-20-2009, 02:44 AM
Bumping this up.

Just need 2 more people to agree and we can order them at 20% off again.

I spoke with Chuck and the new colors he did for Ed this past week are a demo and wont be decided on till end of summer for adding them to the line or not.

moombadaze
05-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Smartz,

Sorry man, I cannot divulge any inside info until the end of the month.

Go ahead and buy what's in Chuck's current inventory.

I have found that getting the pad off the platform is just a matter of lifting up the rear corner of the pad (closest to boat if platform is still in place) with a 2.0" wide putty knife.

Get enough of the pad up so you can grip it with a hand (using pliers may cause the pad to rip and make the job a bit more difficult).

Then pull the pad towards you with one hand and use putty knife under pad with other hand.

Pull and lift until you get to the center of the platform and then go after the opposite corner.

If your platform is in good shape and doesn't require any wet sanding or detailing, leave it on the boat.

If it's on a trailer, this is the perfect height to install the new pad...use two people to install new pad.

One to make sure the pad is alligned properly as the other person rolls off the backing and smooths out to remove air pockets.

One that adhesive touches the fiberglass, it's not coming up. So proper alignment of the pad is extremely critical.

Also if your doing this in a garage a hair dryer will help-I was amazed at how much getting the old pad heated up helped it come loose.

And if you do get some air bubble's stick a strait pin or safety pin in and pop the bubble and the air will work its way out--I had bubbles develop upto a week later, but now its nice and smooth.

ian ashton
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Bumping this up.

Just need 2 more people to agree and we can order them at 20% off again.

I spoke with Chuck and the new colors he did for Ed this past week are a demo and wont be decided on till end of summer for adding them to the line or not.

IF I can get the 3 color in 3 piece with the Moomba logo I'll be in, otherwise I'll just wait 'till they are available and pay a bit more.

Miller_Time
05-20-2009, 01:08 PM
IF I can get the 3 color in 3 piece with the Moomba logo I'll be in, otherwise I'll just wait 'till they are available and pay a bit more.

I would prefer to wait for the 3 color piece as well if thats possible. that look like the perfect blue for my boat!

mmandley
05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
OK so MillerTime your out for now? I can take you off the list if you like.

Miller_Time
05-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah I think I'll wait if the 3 color one is not available for this group buy. Sorry!

mmandley
05-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Np at all Miller_Time

vanmoomba
05-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Count me in if it's not to late

mmandley
05-30-2009, 12:11 AM
OK so were back to needing 2 more people for a 20% off Sea Dek swim platform cover. Please post here if you want one of these.

220 is the reg price then we get 20% off if we buy with 8 people. As soon as we have 8 people i will PM everyone and get there real names. Then I will contact Chuck at Sea Dek and he will get us all set up.

sidetracked3
05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
DAMN, I just ordered mine Thursday. But I did have a question, do you just scrape the old one off?

Dawk35
06-01-2009, 12:20 AM
I'd be interested, can we get a custom color with this though?

mmandley
06-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Dawk it comes in a few colors.

http://www.seadek.com/

Check there sit out. If you like it ill add you to the List.

Sidetracked dam =(

cfdrews12
06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Count me in for a SeaDek cover. Tired of cleaning and seeing all the black on my swimdeck everytime a person steps off and on from the swim platform. Wish I could see the colors better, but I'll worry about hooking that up when we get the deal.

mmandley
06-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Ok awesome looks like we have 8 people.

Here is the list. If your on it and dont want to be please say so.

If your not on it and want to be please say so.

Im going to send out PMs to everyone later today to get your real names. I will then call Chuck and give him the list of Real names.

After i do that we all call Chuck and handle billing and shipping. Chuck needs all our real names so he knows what 8 people are getting the 20% off.

1. Mmandley Ready
2. Smrtz waiting on response
3. Matt Glenn Ready
4. Mid Tenn LSV waiting on response
5. jman3132000 Ready
6. Vanmoomba waiting on response
7. Cfdrews12 Ready
8. Dawk35 Ready

Let me know if there is anything else i need to do or help you with to make this happen.

Mike

Sled491
06-01-2009, 08:29 PM
DAMN, I just ordered mine Thursday. But I did have a question, do you just scrape the old one off?

Ya just tear the old one off. Then take your time and clean all the old glue off with WD40 or something like that. Then a quick scuff with a scotch brite pad or similar.

You're gonna dig the pad, I just love mine:)

mmandley
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
OK Everyone listed below has been sent a PM.

1. Mmandley--------Ready
2. Smrtz------------waiting on response
3. Matt Glenn------- Ready
4. Mid Tenn LSV-----waiting on response
5. jman3132000------Ready
6. Vanmoomba-------Ready
7. Cfdrews12---------Ready
8. Dawk35-----------Ready
9. KT Mobius---------Ready
Im asking for your real names so i can Email them to Chuck at Sea Dek and then all you have to do is email him or call him to set up the buy.

I listed in the PM his email to me and all his contact info. Please respond to me asap so i can get the email sent to him. If you need to cancel the order then thats ok. If your not on this list and wish to be let me know.

Matt Glenn
06-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Looking at another forum I say a 3 color version of the roo. Is that possible to get in this group buy? Or do I need talk to chuck about this when he emails me?

mmandley
06-02-2009, 10:01 PM
If its the one Ed posted pics of. When i talked to Chuck last he said it was for later this summer or early winter. It was a special one they made for Ed. It wont hurt to ask Chuck if you can get that one instead or hold your discount for that one. I know i would like that one too lol.

KT Mobius
06-06-2009, 01:47 PM
im in just let me know what you need

mmandley
06-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Awesome man.

Ok i added you to the list above.

All im waiting on to make this happen is Mid Tenn LSV or SMrtz to get back with me to give me a final yes they are ready.

We have 7 confirmed people to buy.

KT send me a PM with your real name bro. I need it to give to Chuck so he knows who getting the discount when we buy.

mmandley
06-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Bumping this to the top again for anyone else that wants in on the deal.

We only need 1 more person to make this happen.

We have 7 confirmed and ready people to buy, just need 1 more to make it happen.

A brief breakdown on this thread, Black factory swim deck pads are hard, and they seem to start bleeding black over a short amount of time, 1 to 2 seasons and this causes foot traffic to leave tracks on your beautiful interior.

The new swim deck covers are thick, soft and have a 3 year warranty for any and all problems. These are direct replacements, all you have to do is pull off the old deck, clean it and reinstall the new one. The new one comes with self adhesive backing. Its like a huge sticker.

There is several styles to choose from. http://www.seadekstore.com/moomba.aspx

We are getting a 20% discount for a group buy. 220 normal price and we are getting them for 176. Not bad at all if you ask me.

So if you want in on this deal please respond or send me a PM with your real name so i can forward it to Chuck at Sea Dek.

Thank You
Mike M

cfdrews12
06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Ok. Smrtz or Mid Tenn LSV, you guys need to reply either that you want in on the Seadek deal or that your off. I went out to lake again last night and just get pissed every time I look back to see black all over my seats from people getting into the boat. This 20% savings is a good deal, but not enough to keep me from just order the replacement if no one is going to commit. I don't want to back out and cause the group to be short yet another person to get the deal, but by next week, I'm ordering at regular price if we can't get the group deal. I'm tired of cleaning and trying yet "another" way to treat it and keep the black out of my boat.

volfo
06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
I ordered a seadek platform and while mine is not yet installed, I can vouch that it appears to be a very nice product. So, if you're on the fence, I'd recommend getting off and ordering.

cfdrews12
06-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks Volfo.

wolfeman131
06-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I ordered mine w/ the previous group buy & it's going on today as the black this season is 100% worse than last year. I agree with volfo and think others who have/have had these pads will tell you all that are undecided that this is one of the best upgrades you can make to your boat. Get Mike your info! You won't be disappointed!

mmandley
06-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Were going to hold this Post till Tuesday 6/ 16. Monday im going to contact Chuck at Sea Dek and see if i can work something out for him with the 9 people 7 confirmed i have.

I will post back Monday and let you know my findings.

mmandley
06-13-2009, 02:59 AM
YAY Finaly got the 8 people. Here is the new list.

1. Mmandley--------Ready
2. Smrtz------------waiting on response
3. Matt Glenn------- Ready
4. Mid Tenn LSV-----waiting on response
5. jman3132000------Ready
6. Vanmoomba-------Ready
7. Cfdrews12---------Ready
8. Dawk35-----------Ready
9. KT Mobius---------Ready
10 Badrap------------Ready

We now have 8 people. First thing Monday i will call Chuck and send him an email with all our names. I will then make a post here that says ive done so. After that point feel free to call Chuck at Sea Dek and give him your name, tell him your from the Moomba forum and you will get your 20% off.

Thanks again for everyone who is participating in this. If you still want in on the deal PM me i can still get you in till Monday and possibly a few days after that.

Sled491
06-13-2009, 09:12 PM
You guys are gonna dig your new pads, if only to stop the black sh#$ from getting into your boat!

mmandley
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
OK everyone on the list above for the cover, i sent Chuck the email with our names, as soon as he hears from us all he will process the order. Some have already contacted him so please call him this is his contact info

Chuck Yates
Seadek
485 Gus Hipp Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955
321-632-4466 (tel)
321-632-7019 (fax)
[email protected] (email)
www.seadek.com
www.hyperforminc.com

Thanks again everyone for making this happen.

scoot_gt
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm late to this party but think I might join. Previously, I could control the black by scrubbing down the pad and applying some 303 but that doesnt seem to work anymore.

I'll email Chuck as soon as I confirm with the 'boss' that we are a go...

KT Mobius
06-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Called Chuck this morning, my order is in. Whats the status on the Portland Jam?

scoot_gt
06-18-2009, 01:31 PM
I talked to Chuck as well - order in.

Matt Glenn
06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
My order is in, the faster we can all get our order in the faster we can get these pads. Chuck is hopeing 2 weeks till we get it to our house. He will not start makening them till everyone calls him.

mmandley
06-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Hey Scoot just make sure Chuck knows to put you on our List that way we get the order filled faster.

Wendsday Chuck emailed me the current list of people who have paid. There is a couple we are waiting on. I'm hopping those people buy today on Payday Friday.

Chuck should be sending me an email with the updated paid list. Those who havnt paid i will PM and ask if theres a problem and an ETA till they can pay. If were good then ill post and let everyone know also.

Thanks again for everyone making this happen.

Mike

spyder
06-19-2009, 12:24 PM
sure looks cool, probably too late to order though... and shipping into Canada sucks..

scoot_gt
06-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey Scoot just make sure Chuck knows to put you on our List that way we get the order filled faster.

No worries - I told Chuck I was with the Moomba Forum Buy-In

sure looks cool, probably too late to order though... and shipping into Canada sucks..

Spyder - I'm sure you can jump in if you want. I just did Wed...

KurtL
06-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Ditto here. Just called Chuck and put in the order!!!

mmandley
06-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Its not too late at all. Chuck hasn't sent the final order in yet. He is still waiting for 1 person and you would make the 8th solid person we need to get the order moving. Please call him and add yourself to the list and you wont be disappointed in this product. I can hardly wait for it to show up.

I know one weekend in July i will be busy with new upgrades, i have 4 to install now and will get pics when its done.

1 - 12v light pole socket turned into a 12v cig socket for tub pumps on the sun deck

2 - Sea Dek pad

3 - Sea Dek gunnel step pads for entering the boat

4- Stainless steel port holes for ballast drain and bilge drain

sidetracked3
06-20-2009, 11:21 PM
still having some issues with mine. I sent them some pics and hopefully that will get this straightened out. They have been great working with me trying to make sure we get it right. But I cant wait to get it installed. I have one here it just will not fit. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

mmandley
06-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Spoke to Chuck today and he said he has all the orders and there paid for. He should have the order processed by Monday and in the mail then. So i would think first week of July we should see them at our doors.

Thanks everyone who bought this and helped us all get the discount.

Mike.

KurtL
06-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Got an e-mail this morning that they have been shipped! Can't wait.

Jeff W
06-29-2009, 10:43 AM
So the group buy is closed? I'd love to get in on this price. I can pay now.

Someone PM or e mail me it is still possible to get in.

[email protected]

mmandley
06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I just emailed your Yahoo.

Jeff W
06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks Mike !!!

I just called Chuck and got it all ordered. He hooked up us last "stragglers" and my dek pad should go out to me next week. Can't wait to get it !!!

Thanks for the quick e mail Mike and big thanks to Chuck for setting us up with the new deck.. We'll snap some photos when we get it installed..

Thanks all - cant wait.

scoot_gt
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
I talked to Chuck as well - order in.

Got my goods today (maybe yesterday even). Looks great! Hopefully I'll find time this weekend to install her...

mmandley
07-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Got my goods today (maybe yesterday even). Looks great! Hopefully I'll find time this weekend to install her...

BAH i didn't get my order..

scoot_gt
07-01-2009, 12:24 AM
BAH i didn't get my order..

I'm alot closer to FL :D

mmandley
07-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Just got my Roo pad in today and installed. See Pride and Joy for pics and the process i used to install it.

KurtL
07-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Just got my Roo pad in today and installed. See Pride and Joy for pics and the process i used to install it.

The truck must have bypassed Montana on the way to Portland:D Hopefully it shows up today!

eseebeck
07-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I need a pad asap. Are there other straglers out there that dropped the ball on the first group buy. Chuck said he'd do another if we can get it going.

I'm in !! let me know.

TSC
07-14-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm in as well.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-14-2009, 01:03 PM
i'm in just let me know the details

Sled491
07-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Man this is like the 3rd time this summer. Chuck should just open up a store on this site :)

mmandley
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I need a pad asap. Are there other straglers out there that dropped the ball on the first group buy. Chuck said he'd do another if we can get it going.

I'm in !! let me know.

The easiest way to set this up is Start a new thread. Get the people to post they want it. Then PM those people, you will need there Real names as well as there Moomba Forum name. Then Email this all to Chuck. You will be Chucks POC and he will coordinate threw you.

If you have questions or need any help let me know.

eddieb
07-15-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm in. Need a new one bad!!! So where do I go from here. Should I contact Chuck?

eseebeck
07-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks MMANDLEY. We'll do just that.

I'll start a new thread in general chat. everyone that's in, post to that new chat, I'll contact Chuck and see what's next. I think he wants 8 folks in the group. I'll keep that thread up to date with the details of what we need to do. If we get stuck we'll check with mmandley to see where to go from there.

thanks gang