PDA

View Full Version : Yearound is a great guy

NH Moomba
05-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I just wanted to tell a story to the Moomba community. Many months ago I had listed a dry suit here and Yearound wanted it. I didn't want to deal with Paypal so I just sent it out to him and told him to send me a check if it fit. It had been sitting unused in my basement for a few years. When he got it he sent me pictures of the dry rotted seals. It was of no value to me since I wasn't going to spend any money to repair it so I told him to keep it and forgot all about it. A couple of days ago he sent me a note and a check for $50! Todd is a great guy. In this economy I'm cashing it!

Andy

Sled491
05-07-2009, 08:31 PM
We're family after all.

yearround
05-08-2009, 10:24 AM
NHMOOMBA,
thank for the compliment.

you should be commended as well for sending me the suit and only asking for payment after i have received and tried the suit, accepting my word, photos of the dry rot, etc on the seals.

i got a few uses out of the suit, the ankle seal was gone, but my neoprene boots covered and held the leaks to negligible. the day after i sent the check to you, the neck seal blew out completely! i have sent the suit in for replacement of all seals now. i was able to get some use and that is why i felt obligated to send you something.

we trunked it yesterday and the day before, so i guess we are out of the extra clothing temps now (water was 58)

04OUTBACK
05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
HardCORE trunking it in 58 Degrees!

ian ashton
05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
HardCORE trunking it in 58 Degrees!

58 degrees is like bathwater! I'm all about the wetsuit in 50 degree water.

Sled491
05-09-2009, 09:39 PM
I was in last night with my new drysuit. Lets say I have no idea why I waited so long to get one.