PDA

View Full Version : Mobius LSV windshield tint...

lancesaville
05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Thinking of getting my windshield tinted after delivery. A shop I got a quote from said they'd most likely have to remove the windshield to do it right, at a cost of, grab your glasses, $425.00. YOW! Seems like a bit much, even if the windshield has to be pulled....still checking around, but in the meantime...

I'd like to ask you guys....

1. Did you get your windshield tinted ?

2. Did they have to remove the windshield ?

3. How much did it set you back ?

Any comments/advice are always greatly appreciated.

Kidder
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
From all of the posts I've seen on other boards, it seems removing the windshield is the only way to ensure it is done properly.

Loonytik
05-05-2009, 04:42 PM
My windshield is being done today however, they are not removing it. I have heard that it leaves a small gap at the bottom of the window in the curved section. A small piece of black pinstripe will take care of that and never be noticeable with 5% Limo tint.

Cost was quoted at $150

ian ashton
05-05-2009, 05:16 PM
My windshield is being done today however, they are not removing it. I have heard that it leaves a small gap at the bottom of the window in the curved section. A small piece of black pinstripe will take care of that and never be noticeable with 5% Limo tint.

Cost was quoted at $150

Wow, thats awefully dark, be sure to post pictures when its complete!

mmandley
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Ive been thinking of tinting my boat windshield too but not sure if i want 5% im thinking 35 or 20% so its darker then stock but not to dark because i do still look threw it when driving. How do you take the windshield off anyhow? Is there bolts or something under the dash?

newty
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Here is the link to my window tinting. I removed the window myself and took it down to the shop. Very simple to do and in my opinion the right way to do it. Plus it saves you labor and it keeps those hoopleheads methheads and thier spraybottles out of your boat.
If you have any Q's about how to do it let me know, I think I explained how to do it in the link. I paid about $180 for the work But 175-275 is about what you should expect to pay. $425 is waaaaay too much. Shop around and don't be afraid to take the windows out. Its only a 20 minute job.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7560