PDA

View Full Version : 1st surf board

Bearly-A-Wake
05-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Will the CWB ride be a good first surfboard? I Want something fun, but, I've read about how friends trying to learn on short boards is difficult for the newbs but fun for themselves.

If not the Ride, than what would you recomend?

Thanks

moombadaze
05-05-2009, 03:51 PM
I have and recomend the cwb ride as a 1st board. Good for anybody to ride.

Next year ask what the next board will be, but dont get rid of the ride.

Roachman
05-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Inland Blue Lake...lot of fun and rides great on smaller wakes also. I started with the broadcast but think the Blue is twice as nice. A little pricier but alot of fun.

moombacoach
05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
The CWB Ride- This board rides a lot different from other brands. The rails are narrow which make the board a little unsteady in the beginning. I also feel the board is a little narrow in the center. If you are looking for a board to just cruse and slash a little bit great. I would tell you to buy a board on the wider side and shorter. Examples: Alias from O'Brien, Broadcast from Hyperlite. The Alias is one of the fastest boards on the market. What that does for you is keeps you in the wake or if you start to fall out you can pump it a little and catch it again. The big question is how much do you weigh and what boat are you going to surk behind? Also, how much weight are you going to put in the boat and how deep is your lake?

Russ Wilde
www.thewildexperience.com

moombadaze
05-05-2009, 07:46 PM
one other thing, the ride and broadcast boards will fit in the standard moomba wakeboard racks.

kaneboats
05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
If you have a bunch of beginners you can't go wrong with the Ride or the Broadcast.

Razzman
05-06-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a Shred Stixx JaMako (http://www.shredstixx.com/Mako.html), great board, pricey but won't fit in any racks.

Sled491
05-07-2009, 08:55 PM
My first board was a Walker and all with me learned on it. I like the board alot and can see myself hanging on to it for a long time. Also it was a gift from my wife so it has sentimental value:)

Bearly-A-Wake
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Thank you for the posts. I had to request a new password and it took some time to realize that it was going to spam.

I probably should've mentioned that I am 260# behind an 07 lsv. I'm adding 400# sacs for wake boarding and need figure out the surf set up after that.

I like the broadcast and ride. As I have been reading, I wonder if a landlock might be better? I have no idea.

Roachman
05-08-2009, 12:33 PM
For a landlock..check out www.evogear.com
They will have some good deals around $168 with a coupon but are 209 right now.