PDA

View Full Version : Can you identify this sensor?

dtlaine
05-04-2009, 11:28 AM
I have a friend that has a 2002 Ski Supreme, and while he was getting it ready for the summer, he noticed the sensor in the attached pics in his bilge. He said it's near the V-drive/transmission area.

The boat has a 5.7L FI Merc motor. His initial thought is that it's the RPM sensor for the accu-ski system that the previous owner installed.

One pic looks like there is some adhesive that used to hold the sensor to something. I asked him if there is any residue on any other parts, and he said he couldn't find any.

I didn't figure Ski Supreme had a helpful forum like this, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had any ideas.

Razzman
05-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Just taking a guess but it looks like a in hull transducer for a depth gauge.

RobertJ
05-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Just have him call Supreme. I was looking very hard at getting a Supreme before we got hooked by the Moomba'a. Andrew Huff is the President of the company and he is a really good guy and probably could steer your friend to the right person in the company to answer his question.

moombadaze
05-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Is there a depth gauge in the boat? looks like a transducer.

dtlaine
05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
He went to check it out during lunch, found the epoxy residue on the inside of the hull, and concluded that it is a transducer.

Thanks for the quick responses.

jester
05-04-2009, 10:59 PM
I am also going to vote for depth gauge. That is 3 votes for and 0 agenst. I think we have a winner.