PDA

View Full Version : changing fluids

98outback
05-04-2009, 07:41 AM
I started to change my fluids this weekend on my 2003 supra launch ssv. It has the 325 indmar assault. I hope you moomba guys dont mind helping me out. I had a 98 outback before this. I change my fuel filter and water impeller and then ran the boat about 10-15 minutes on the hose hoping to get the oil hot to drain it. Well after running the boat the oil was just barely warm so needless to say it did not drain well.

I finally got it done. How long should the boat have to run to get the oil hot?

kaneboats
05-04-2009, 09:57 AM
At idle with no load on it it can take a while. I need to pick your brain about where to run over in your area. My brother bought a condo in St. Augustine and is talking about having a Memorial Day get together. I might run over there but only want to put in in fresh water (St. Johns?).

98outback
05-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I actually live right at the line for duval county / st johns county which is jax and st augustine. I live in fruit cove which is right by the julington creek plantation. There are 2 ramps right there at julington creek where you can ride which is connected to the st johns. You can also cut across the river from there and head over to black creek which has glassy water even on the weekends. You can run black creek for about 7 - 8 miles and then turn around. I actaully have a lake house in orange springs between palatka and ocala. I tend to spend all of my summer weekends there. Since im spoiled by the clean clear water at the lake i dont go to the river but maybe once a year. I dont like having the brown scum line on the boat when i pull it out of the river.

kaneboats
05-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks! I might just let my brother from Vero bring his outboard boat and stay out of it.

mmandley
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
OMG not a Supra owner...

Hahaha J/K I thought Supras were the big brothers of the XLV LSV and Outback? I mean there the same Moomba people no?

It isnt till you go B52 and MB that you actualy change to a different manufacturer?

When i was at the dealer the Supra and the Mobius were side by side and without looking at the dash they looked pretty identicle, the only real difference i seen in them was a little bigger everything, like PP standard, bigger ballast, slightly heaver boat, things like that. I was real tempted to get one but just didnt want to pay the extra since originaly i was only going to get a Bayliner style boat for 15K and now im in a 50K boat, but man do i grin when those I/O people drull over my Moomba LOL