PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Top

Hoopskier
05-04-2009, 04:56 AM
I was recently at my local Moomba dealer and asked about getting a bimini top for my 03 Outback with tower. I was quoted $800 (not installed). This was for an OEM bimini. Is this the going price for an OEM bimini? Seemed kinda high.

jmvotto
05-04-2009, 07:22 AM
I think mine was 550 but that was a pick one of four and it was installed.

sandm
05-04-2009, 08:26 AM
I have one for the supra rad-a-cage tower if it will fit yours as well? will be MUCH less than that. brand new, grey in color.

wolfeman131
05-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Same as JV for me - $550 option

Hoopskier
05-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I have one for the supra rad-a-cage tower if it will fit yours as well? will be MUCH less than that. brand new, grey in color.

Send me a PM with a price. You said it was new? with all the hardware? I might be interested but might be a little bit. Kind of short of cash.

sandm
05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
shipping would be the biggest issue, as it's in a box that's 4ft by 3ft by 5 inches. talked about having to send truck, but I'll look into it.
talk to your local supra dealer and see if it's compatible. it fits the launch 21,22ssv and 24ssv rad-a-cage towers.
it's brand new. we tried to install it on my 20ssv and due to the width of the beam, it takes a different bimini, so we never did get it installed.
retail was around $600 according to my dealer(who currently has it and is trying to peddle it for me for shop credit).
I'll let it go for $150, and we'll see how to ship it, hoping it comes in under the $250 mark for you...

lmk...

sandm
05-05-2009, 11:38 AM
this is the one it is, sorry for the lame pic, but you get the idea
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Image.aspx?ImageID=10377

Hoopskier
05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
sandm

The tower that is in your picture is different than the one that I have. Being a different tower I don't think it will work for me.

moombadaze
05-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Hoopskier, I think that even if the towers are different, as long as the width is close- at the base and the same width at the top it could be made to work with little fabbing. Take some measurements from both boats first.

I could be wrong also, but for the price its worth a shot.

If Im wrong dont blame me--I said "I think"

mmandley
05-05-2009, 06:34 PM
One thing you also need to consider is the Tower clamps the Outback generaly is a smaller diameter tubing. I know on my LSV its a 2.5 tube and i think the Outback might have the 2 tubes so you might be looking at getting new clamps but i doubt those are expensive. I would go to the dealer and talk to them about the tube sizes, or take a flexible tape measure tape, also jsut ask them for the part numbers on the Supra Bimini and the Outback see if there the same, might help narrow some questions down.