PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Help

jjolson
05-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Well after I installed my stereo, I now notice that when I have the blower on, I have interference noise coming out of my tower speakers. Here is what I have. I am running the factory head unit (kenwood), 300.4 amp, kicker speakers in the boat. I also have a Pioneer sub, kmt6 tower speakers, and a 650.4 kicker amp. I also have clarion eq that i can fade the tower speakers in and out with it. Now when the blower is off, I do not have the interference. When the blower is on I only have interference coming through the tower speakers. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

c.rix
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I have the same tower speakers the few things I did was

1. Make sure the RCA cables are not run next to power cables
2. Double check you have a good ground on the amp (mine is directly grounded to the negative post on the battery)
3. Ground your dect directly to the battery also to rule out a a "ground loop" issue The ground on the kenwood Its a solid black wire.
4. If using all four channels on the amp make sure the hp fr lp Filter on the amp isnt on hp for the front channels the higher frequency will pick up more interfearance

My amp/tower setup was doing the same thing as yours I did all the things I listed and the buzz is gone hopefully you will have the same luck as me

1LOKMOOMBA
05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Well after I installed my stereo, I now notice that when I have the blower on, I have interference noise coming out of my tower speakers. Here is what I have. I am running the factory head unit (kenwood), 300.4 amp, kicker speakers in the boat. I also have a Pioneer sub, kmt6 tower speakers, and a 650.4 kicker amp. I also have clarion eq that i can fade the tower speakers in and out with it. Now when the blower is off, I do not have the interference. When the blower is on I only have interference coming through the tower speakers. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks
I had a simular problem with my front speakers, it sounds like a ground loop.
I put an inline filter in the amp feeding those speakers noise went away.

jjolson
05-03-2009, 08:16 PM
My RCAs are run around the front and not by any of the power wires. I will try the others. What brand inline filter did you use?

Thanks

c.rix
05-03-2009, 09:06 PM
That inline gound loop isolator is a waste of money! What they are for is for ground loop Issues So if you directly ground the deck to the battery you wont have the problem and dont have to waste any unnesessary money just trying to help

Like I found in my searches people recommend a filter like that when all you needed to do was ground the deck and amps in the same spot filters are basically puting a bandaid on something that is easily fixed the right way

jjolson
05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I wonder why wouldnt i be hearing it through all of the speakers vs just the tower speakers?

c.rix
05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I wonder why wouldnt i be hearing it through all of the speakers vs just the tower speakers?

Mine did the same thing I delt with it for awhile I fixed it this year

Check you settings on the amp first turn the filter on the amp to "fr"

jjolson
05-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I did and it did not change any thing. I have my eq coming off of my distribution block could it be picking up sound there? If that was the case why not in all speakers.

Thanks

c.rix
05-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I have also heard low quality rca's can cause an issue but I like to try the free options first

mustangairchair
05-03-2009, 11:07 PM
i would change the power sorce and ground to eq and see if it goes way.

c.rix
05-04-2009, 09:15 AM
all componets should be grounded in the same spot otherwise issues will come up

1LOKMOOMBA
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I got the filter at radio shack $16.00 plugs in rca input. It was worth it.

skiyaker
08-16-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm digging up some old threads because I'm having a major problem with this interference issues coming both from the blower motor and the engine... to the point where I almost can't listen to the stereo unless we're parked. I have the factory kenwood receiver with factory 6 kicker speaker/kicker amp. No tower speakers (yet). I've checked to see that everything is grounded directly to the battery and it appears that it is. It looks like the power to the amp runs right next to the speaker wire terminals- but I don't think I can change that. Would this be coming from the power to the amp or do you think it's from the stereo switch on the dash? Should this be something the dealer should address or is this type of noise to be expected? It kind of reminds me of the stereo I had in my 1984 Buick regal.

mmandley
08-16-2009, 09:57 AM
If the boat is new and you havnt changed the stereo then yes the dealer should be looking into this.

No you should not deal with it and live with the noise.

Get it fixed.

I dont have any noise from my stereo when the blower is running or the engine for that matter.

Check the toggle switch on the dash, check for lose fittings, check for a bad ground connection.

Also if the deck is powering any speakers then pull the amp fuse and just listen to the deck with speakers and see if the noise is there. This will rule out your amp as the problem.

If you still have noise then its possible its the deck with a ground issue. It could be internal, or a bad connection on the ground wire.

Also you need to make sure that even though the batter terminal wires are tight that the battery is tight wheres its grounded tot he engine.

skiyaker
08-22-2009, 11:26 AM
thanks for the advice- I went ahead and had my dealer fix it at the 20h (25 actually) service- he ran a new ground wire which fixed the problem. He also ordered a new driver's seat for me because a staple from the flip up bolster had cut into the seat. Now I just need perfect pass and maybe some underwater LEDs and I'll be all set!