PDA

View Full Version : wake plate

jcbuck
05-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Just bought a mobious lsv and have never had a wakeplate before. What is the best way to use the wakeplate. Not sure the whole purpose and when it should be up or down? Can anyone help explain this to me. thanks

Chad M
05-01-2009, 11:33 AM
When just cruising you'll want to run it down most of the time to keep the bow down. Above 20 - 25 mph my LSV will start to porpoise with the plate up.

When boarding, skiing, surfing, etc. use it to tune the wake to whatever the rider desires. You'll need to experiment with your own particular setup and whether you're looking to flatten the wakes or ramp them up.

kaneboats
05-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Congrats! and Welcome! Lots of folks on here to help you out using that wakeplate to shape your wake (I'm just not one of them cuz I don't have one).

mmandley
05-02-2009, 05:59 PM
We have a wake plate on our boat and this is what we were told to do with it. When you have people in the Bow you can raise it up because the peoples weight will keep your nose down. When wake boarding the most popular setting seems to be start at 75% down and then see if they like it. It does change the shape of the wake a lot but do changes in small increments, also you can control the wake a lot with the ballast system and i have ised my ballast system to level the boat with you got some big bros on one side and some hot shorties on the other the boat tens to lean and that gets on my nerves as a driver unless we are planning on wake surfing.