PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard lessons

Chefwong
04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm really interested in starting up wakeboard lessons in my area, and was wondering what you guys think is a reasonable amount to pay for lessons?

I was thinking somewhere in the area of 60-75 an hour. Or would it be a better idea to have a flat rate for a morning or afternoon session?

Let me know what you think? Thanks.

Reese350
04-28-2009, 09:18 PM
It's all about supply and demand and location seems to play a key factor. Our boys take lessons and in MI, we pay $50/hr on our boat or $65/hr on theirs. In FL, we pay $100/hr on their boat.

jmvotto
04-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Russ Wilde is coming to coldwater, MI checkout his rates.i thought it was 100/hr last summer when i inquired in NY. so given the economy in MI and gas being down on your boat 65 to 75 is probably reasonable. Dave briscoe charged per session with a boat full of riders, so people could switch when they got tired.

my .02

If i make it to sturgis/ colon this summer i will give you a call i need some serious professional teaching..

sandm
04-28-2009, 09:50 PM
boat shop here is giving "clinics". $50 for 45 minutes on their boat, either an enzo230 or an x2 I'm told. lessons consist of an experienced driver, a teacher and 4 students out for 3hrs, but I'm guessing it'll be more like an hour a person. that includes everything but something to drink.
I have guessed that they are also hoping to sell some add-on board/boot sales, as they will let you demo boards at the same time.

Chefwong
05-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks for all the feed back guys, I decided to go with $75 per hour of ride time. For instance If I had a group of 4 people we would do a morning session from 8-12 where you could take 2 half hour sessions with break time inbetween. So it would be 75 for 4 hours on the boat with 1 of that being ride time. So you get all the advice while riding plus listening while others ride. I've found in some cases that can be just as helpful as being out there. Does this sound good?

I have done Briscoe in Michigan almost every year for the past 4 or 5 years. He is the best coach I've ever worked with.

I doubt russ will be coming to Coldwater this year as Russ and Dave both came into Brickyard, but they are no longer dealing Moomba's.

jmvotto
05-01-2009, 10:25 PM
my bad, that was 2008 schedule.