PDA

View Full Version : Crecent Bar Washington

newty
04-27-2009, 12:17 AM
So I know this has come up a couple times in other posts but we (my family, another moomba family, and a couple other familys with the other M brand boats) are going to be up there for a week from Aug 2nd - 9th. I was thinking we should attempt a Mini Jam. With all the central Wa owners and Seattle area owners we ought to try to pull one off. Could be lots o' fun?:cool:
I'll even bring my 4 stroke water pump and build an epic water slide on the bar!
Thoughts?

yearround
04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
i probaly wont make it, as i am nowhere near central wash (though it is closer than FL) the water slide is a certainly a huge selling point and tons of fun.

good luck in getting this going.

meech
04-27-2009, 11:20 AM
hey newty,
i'd be in ... !!

Mobius Richard
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm over in Seattle, would be fun to get together with some other Moomba owners from the area. Keep us up to date as more details become available.

zabooda
04-27-2009, 07:00 PM
I could make it from 8/7-8/9 but I will be on travel prior to that. I've been by there many times but never stopped. I'll probably leave the boat at home unless you want to see the Grandfather of Mobius and you may want to check the concert schedule at the Gorge for a side trip.

alex56
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
if its goin down ill def be there hood canal baby!

newty
04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Maybe we could get SC to supply a 60ft supra/moomba banner for the slide! :)
Saturday the Aug 8th would work.

jester
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I bet if you ask AWS they would supply one. This sounds like alot of fun. Are us Oregon people also invited?

zabooda
04-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Looks like Phish is at the Gorge 8/7 and 8/8 for those who like to phish.

http://www.gotickets.com/venues/wa/gorge_amphitheater.php

newty
04-28-2009, 04:01 AM
Not a chance Jester! Well maybe you.;)
Thats a long pull for us but we are staying for a week.
I know the Crescent Bar resort Condo's are booked for that week but one may be able to get in a cancelation request. There is also a campground there that you may be able to get in.
http://www.crescentbarresort.com/
Sunserra is another where you can rent condos and homes in the area.
http://www.crescentbarresorts.com/
Quincy Wa, and Vantage Wa, are the two closest towns and you can get to the bar from both resorts.
I'm really not familiar with Vantage but I'm sure you can find something there as well. Ellensburg is fairly close too and there are places to stay there. It might be kind of late to plan a week trip for some but a weekend trip may be ok if you can stay in one of these places. Play all day Saturday, stay the night and come home Sunday.
Good find Zabooda! That could be fun too.

moombadaze
04-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Dang, Now i wish we were headed home (Wenatchee) this summer instead of this winter for our biyearly "gotto go see the parents and inlaws trip"

jester
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Newty,

It is only about 400 miles from my house. That is not too bad. Ok well it kind of is. For some reason i thougth it was just a litttle off I-5 just above LongView. I guess i am a little off on that one. I might have to pass since that would be over a 7 hour drive but good to know i am an Oregon guy that can hang with the WA group.

moombadaze
04-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Jester, a 7hr drive is worth it if you were to ask me. Im 3300 miles away and would love to go.

zabooda
04-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Jester I plan to leave my boat at home and bring gas, ski, tent, intoxicants and food and crash wherever and you can do the same. If there is a shortage of boats, I'll bring mine as I'm only 90 miles away.

Mobidick
04-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Zabooda,

"Intoxicants" that's kind of a negative attitude. I'd been for a 3 day weekend with my boat & camper, food, and "Intoxicans" not intoxicants, LOL

Mobi

zabooda
04-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Now that's scary when you have a local on this page. Where do you go this time of year? I'm still a month and a half away from getting my boat out and that would be Potholes. Looks like I got a ride to Crescent. Yee haa.

newty
04-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Intoxicans! Classic..:D

mmandley
05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
We got a lot going on in August but im be down for it if i got the time off. We have a 3 day planned for Lake Billy Chinook already with a cabin and lots of yard for tents, also mother and sister in laws might be coming sometime in August too but ill check my dates and times see if i can make it. There will be plenty of room in my boat also generaly only travel with 4 peeps.

newty
05-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Last minute plans!! Were going to CB next weekend too!
Whos going to be up there? I'm going up with my wife sister in law, mother in law and all the kids. Besides my son I'll be the only guy there.:rolleyes: Well my mother in law is bringing her boyfriend but he had his man card pulled a long time ago.
And since I don't like to drink alone... I'm going to need someone to talk boats and drink beer with.:p
Have boat will pull.
Should have a handfull of React Demo surf boards.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

mmandley
05-24-2009, 06:13 AM
If Claudia had more time to take off we would go. Next weekend is one of my 4 day weekends but she only has Sat and Sunday off and thats a bit of a drive Saturday to come back home Sunday =(

meech
05-28-2009, 01:28 PM
i will be there too ... i'll keep an eye out for you on sat. out on the sand bar ... :)

Last minute plans!! Were going to CB next weekend too!
Whos going to be up there? I'm going up with my wife sister in law, mother in law and all the kids. Besides my son I'll be the only guy there.:rolleyes: Well my mother in law is bringing her boyfriend but he had his man card pulled a long time ago.
And since I don't like to drink alone... I'm going to need someone to talk boats and drink beer with.:p
Have boat will pull.
Should have a handfull of React Demo surf boards.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

newty
05-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Meech, where you staying? We'll be in the White condos on the island. I'll likely anchor near the launch ramp. Were headed out a crack tomorrow. Hope to see ya out!! Looks like the weather is going to be awesome.

moombadaze
05-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Newty, post some photo's for us when you get back. Have fun

zabooda
05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
You should have air temperatures near 100 but that water is still cold. I may be going to the Potholes where the water is probably at least 15 degrees warmer but if the winds pick up then forget it.

newty
05-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Moombadaze will do.
Zabooda if you get blown out and want to come out you know where to find me.

jester
05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Newty,

Have a great trip. Look forward to hearing all about it.

newty
06-02-2009, 09:42 PM
We had a terrible time and here are the pics to prove it!
First thing is, we always follow the rules.;)

mmandley
06-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Welcome back Newty. Glad ya had a good time and made it back safe.

We went to Yale Lake in Washington last weekend. It was a blast. A lot of small debris but if you watched you could find some good spots with clean water for sports

newty
06-02-2009, 09:45 PM
The pool was way too warm!

newty
06-02-2009, 09:49 PM
The water was rough!

newty
06-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Met Meech out there!
Me on the left and Meech on the right, then Meech and his boat.

newty
06-02-2009, 09:55 PM
The Bar was awsome! The bighorns even checked in for a peek at the Moombas!

jester
06-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Looks like you had a great time. That water looks soo nice.

meech
06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
newty,
great pics buddy ... thanks for cutting off my 'big old' stomach ... :)

great meeting up with you & your brother in law... keep in touch and we'll meet up again in CB!

newty
06-03-2009, 12:18 AM
The water doesn't feel that bad when its 100 outside.

mmandley
06-03-2009, 02:57 AM
Yea we went to Yale and the Sheriff asked if we brought our wet suits to wake board. I said hell na we trunk it. He said the water is 54 degrees.

Well it was the warmest feeling water we been in yet. LOL

Mobidick
06-03-2009, 03:02 AM
That looks awesome! I'm gonna have to meet you guys there sometime. I'm only about 100 miles away but I've never been. 4th of July could be very fun.

Mobi

newty
07-24-2009, 09:44 AM
We're headed up Sunday the 2nd. and will be there thru sunday the 9th. I still want to get together and do the slide and such on the saturday the 8th. I'm bringing a bunch of React demo's if anyone is interested in trying one out any time during the week. Hope to see some of u up there!

GeauxTigers
07-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Yea we went to Yale and the Sheriff asked if we brought our wet suits to wake board. I said hell na we trunk it. He said the water is 54 degrees.

Well it was the warmest feeling water we been in yet. LOL

I guess I will stop whining about the 68 degree water that I encountered at Lake Strawberry outside of Salt Lake City 3 weeks ago.

jeilers1
07-24-2009, 11:58 AM
I was getting 70-72 on water temps at vantage last week and it's been hot every day since then.

meech
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
newty,
i'll be there ... see you on the water!
heading over this weekend too ... leaving in about 2hrs! :)

mmandley
07-24-2009, 07:43 PM
I guess I will stop whining about the 68 degree water that I encountered at Lake Strawberry outside of Salt Lake City 3 weeks ago.

OMG 68 degrees? Thats awesome bath water.

Well the water here is naturally pretty cold so its all a matter of conditioning to it. I know when i left AZ 5 years ago to move here the summers here i though man this is nothing. I never ran the AC or anything.

5 years later and its 90 outside and the house is 80 and im clicking the AC on lol.