PDA

View Full Version : HELP Center Ballast Quit working????

SC_LSV
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok, So took my boat our for the first time today. Great weather on Lake Murray in SC. So we started out riding about 20mph and kicked on all the sacks to prime the pump. After that we stopped and let the bags fill. Ski Locker ballast bag needed to be burped for air, so tried to reverse the pump and empty some water to burp the bag. We I tried this the I got nothing. Would not fill or empty using the pump. Left and Right rear sacks would fill and empty just fine, and bilge ran fine too. Left locker bag full all day and just drained in manually into the bilge at the end of the day. I opened the engine compartment and the tranny cover to listen if anything was happening when I flipped the switch. Left and right rear pump would kick on. Center switch would light up, but not action from the pump.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you do to fix? Any ideas?
Hoping it is somthing simple I'm missing.

tazz3069
04-25-2009, 11:14 PM
well you should have two pumps. The one pump the fills all three tanks and a pump the empties. One for each bag. Check to see if you hear the solenoid click. If you hear it, then it is OK. The solenoid opens the valve and the water starts flowing. My drain pump is in the ski locker. Hit the drain switch and either put your hand on it or your ear to it. Make sure the lights on the switch are lit. If they are, then the fuses are good. If they are not, then the fuses are bad. for that solenoid and drain pump. Hope this helps.

SC_LSV
04-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Checked it out last night, appear to be a blown fuse for the front ballast. I swapped with another fuse and it worked fine so i will replace it and see how it does this weekend. Hopefully that will fix it and I won't have to figure out why the fuse blew. I don't like electrical work....