PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some new RIMs

shulaj
04-20-2009, 05:31 PM
I have an 07 LSV with dual axle but I do not like the present rims. Anyone know how many pounds the rims need to be as I do know I cannot just use any rims. My tire size is 205 75R14

shulaj
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
I need to know the BOLT pattern too. It's a boatmate trailer.

Razzman
04-20-2009, 05:46 PM
This same topic was discussed about two weeks ago if i remember but in a nutshell the wheels (as you can't run a rim :)) for your trailer need to have a capacity of 1750lbs or greater if i remember for a load rate C tire as specified by the mfgr. That being said it's your call i guess as everyone seems to circumvent that anyway and run whatever they want but i didn't say that! The bolt pattern on the 5 lug wheels is 5-4 1/2" bolt circle. The wheel offset is just as important so don't exceed the offset of the current wheels or you'll hit the tires on the fenders.

kaneboats
04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
You can sell your old rims on here for spares no problem.

shulaj
04-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys. I also emailed boatmate and they said the same thing...1700 pounds. However trailer rims are quite ugly. Anyone know of some nice ones? I was looking at these. http://www.petrolwheels.com/ FUSION ONES.

Razzman
04-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Trailer wheels are ugly, fact of life. Here's a tip, that bolt circle is the same for Ford passenger cars so as long as the center hub hole is big enough your choices are endless. Make sure though that the load range is listed on the backside and the offset is good. Also remember that if you get a flat your pretty wheel will probably get chewed up so don't spend to much on 'em. :D

kaneboats
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Maxpower got some nice looking new rims. The link and pics are in this thread where he was offering his old ones:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7330

maxpower220
04-21-2009, 01:55 PM
If you have a trailer supply store, they should stock or be able to order various trailer load specific wheel that will meet your weight requirement. I am very happy with the new wheels that I have. I sometimes go in brackish water, so the chrome ones would not last years in those conditions. That is why I changed out.