PDA

View Full Version : Strong Vibration while accelerating

gamecock_ricky
04-20-2009, 10:29 AM
So the driver pulling me this weekend, ran over what he called a "trot line", while turning around to pick me up. After I got in the boat to go to the next spot, there was a loud and strong vibration while accelerating. We ended up pulling the boat on the trailer to check underneath... All looked normal, prop looked good, etc. Does anybody have any idea what this vibration could be? It shakes the entire boat (even the steering wheel) and I'm afraid that if I don't fix it soon, something else will rattle loose and cause bigger problems. Thanks in advance for any response! Its a 07 Mobius LSV.

kaneboats
04-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Definitely sounds like you at least bent the strut. It can be hard to see but takes very little to give you a vibration.

SEARK
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
I hit my prop once and got the same type vibration. Pulled the prop and could not see any damage whatsoever. Sent it to a shop and had it checked and rebalanced and everything is good now.

kaneboats
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Do love that boat though!

gamecock_ricky
04-21-2009, 03:25 PM
preciate the input from er'body... I'll have it looked at and let you guys know what they say... thanks

Dubwake21
04-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Ricky,
Noticed you are from Raleigh. If you get your vibration fixed, are you going to Hyco this weekend for E@H?