PDA

View Full Version : Water in center ski locker

slalomskier
04-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Took the boat out for the first cruise of the year. Everything ran great but know I am noticing that I have quite a bit of water in the ski locker. I have an Outback V with the V drive, so the ski locker is under the walk through.

Anyways, there was some coming from the drain hole to the bildge which was due to the incline of the boat in the driveway. Not to concerned about this.

But I also had a steady seep from a hole that appears to have been sealed about 3/4 of the way up the locker on the drivers side. It feels like they plugged a hole (1/2- 3/4") with some sealant, but maybe didn't do a good job. Is it normal to have water there?
can I just add some more sealant?

Thoughts?

yearround
04-19-2009, 02:28 PM
i had lots of water that would get into the front locker from the bilge area. the ski locker deems to be lower than the bilge and even when on the driveway, i can't get all the water to drain. i put a plug in the back of the ski locker.

i don't know about your apparent leak, good luck with that.

smokedog2
04-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd remove the sealant & run with the hatch open. I get a lot of water in mine from people & gear. If I put it up for a long time I'll dry vac the thing, it does not drain the best as many have commented. 10 seconds with a dry vac and you are done. I doubt you have a leak through the hull, more likely you have more water off folks & gear than you realize.

I once thought my Lund leaked so I filled it up with water. Not recommended :)

SD2

Razzman
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Don't know if it's normal or not, don't use mine.