PDA

View Full Version : Why is my ballast 'auto-filling' on my OB Gravity I?

ian ashton
04-18-2009, 10:18 AM
I put the boat in for the first time yesterday, and noticed that while underway with the pump off water is flowing into the ballast bag. This is the only time this has happened, and this is the first time the boat has been in the water since winterization last November. I'm guessing its probably something to do with crap in the pump?

Can I take the pump off and inspect while the boat is in the water?

jeilers1
04-18-2009, 10:28 AM
If you have the orbit valves the little black lever is probably in the manually open position. Try moving it 90 degrees to close it. I had the same thing happen when I first got my boat.

sandm
04-18-2009, 10:29 AM
did you pull the springs out of the valves in several of the faster filling ballast posts?
if so, put them back in.
otherwise, as you suggested, pump might be stuck open.

smokedog2
04-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Nope, there is a little plastic lever on the fill fitting , top or side, under the read seat on an LSV, under the fiberglass cover. Mine is grey. The lever is bumped open or closesd I've forgotten which. There is one for each bag I think but I only have one bag.

Do a search here, there is a picture, you can try posts by me, I think I added comments, but not the pictures.

SD2

ian ashton
04-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I think it was just gunked up. I went out today and the problems seems to have corrected itself.

sandm
04-18-2009, 09:50 PM
free fix is the best fix :)