PDA

View Full Version : OEM Auto Bilge fuction doesn't work?

etang789
04-17-2009, 12:13 AM
My Auto Bilge fuction that came with my 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV doesn't work work anymore! After every run of wakeboarding I will have to hit the Bilge button and pump out loads of water!

Thinking to replace the pump and switch and also adding a pump at the rear of the boat behind the engine so while the boat has its nose up and water pushed to the back of the engine compartment the new pump will automatically pump out the water...

So whats the replacement part number for the factory Auto Bilge pump/switch and whats a good pump that will fit under the engine or at the end of the engine comparement easily?

Razzman
04-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Your what doesn't work? :p I've never heard mine go off either and out of habit i manually do it as well. Something must happen however as we always leave it in the water when camping and she still here.

moombadaze
04-17-2009, 07:34 AM
etang, that just doesnt sound right-you should not be getting that much water that often, do you have a leak someplace? As for the pump just get a all in one bildge pump with built in float (from wal-mart) and your set.

Scottys
04-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Had the same problem with the bildge on my new 07 Outback. Did not turn on automaticaly and when I manually pumped, little to no water came out.

The pump sump reservior had gotten filled with carpet fuzz, bits of wire casings (from stripping the ends of wires) and other misc garbage from when the boat was built. The fuzz clogged the strainer in the base of the pump.

To clean out the strainer you need to seperate the pump form the base. The upper portion of the pump can be removed from the base. The two parts snap together using two "tab A into slot B" kind of arragnement.

After all that the pump still did not work well. Took it apart again only to find that the impeller was packed full of crap and was all but non-functional so I ended up buying a new pump. Before installing, I removed floor decking and thourgly cleaned all the garbage laying in the bottom of the boat.

I wish SC or the dealer would have done a better job of cleaning the leftover garbage before turning over the boat to me.

Razzman
04-17-2009, 09:14 AM
For what it's worth mine was that way as well when we got it. The dealer actually pulled it and cleaned it all out for us.

etang789
05-21-2009, 03:48 AM
Had the same problem with the bildge on my new 07 Outback. Did not turn on automaticaly and when I manually pumped, little to no water came out.

The pump sump reservior had gotten filled with carpet fuzz, bits of wire casings (from stripping the ends of wires) and other misc garbage from when the boat was built. The fuzz clogged the strainer in the base of the pump.

To clean out the strainer you need to seperate the pump form the base. The upper portion of the pump can be removed from the base. The two parts snap together using two "tab A into slot B" kind of arragnement.

After all that the pump still did not work well. Took it apart again only to find that the impeller was packed full of crap and was all but non-functional so I ended up buying a new pump. Before installing, I removed floor decking and thourgly cleaned all the garbage laying in the bottom of the boat.

I wish SC or the dealer would have done a better job of cleaning the leftover garbage before turning over the boat to me.

How do you remove the floor decking?