PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Lake TN

deerfield
04-16-2009, 11:37 PM
jsaon - What's your opinion of Douglas Lake? Late June we could find ourselves at the Grand Resort in Pigeon Forge for a family reunion. I'm thinking about towing the boat. Douglas Lake appears to be close enough that we could make water sports part of the activities. I have family in Knoxville and plan to include a stop at UT for a college visit for our youngest son. Might even try to find my grandparents' house. Lots of good memories. Any insight into Douglas Lake would be helpful. Thanks! - Deerfield

jasonba1
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Douglas lake is a pretty lake usually pretty clean and not a whole whole lot of traffice, The problem the last couple of years is how low it has been, with that said I think we have had enough rain this year to be ok. There is several lakes within 30 to 45 mins of Douglas as well. If you do come to TN I am in KNoxville give me a shout and we can hit a few of the lakes if you would like my email is [email protected] and my phone is 865-850-4995.

jasonba1
04-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Also keep in mind if you are coming in late june, the Pro wakeboard tour is coming to downtown knoxville. Knoxwake is expecting a huge turnout stay in touch with me and we will hook up for that. I think fri and sun I will be on a boat but sat. we are tryiny to rent out the top of calhouns for a vip event which if you come ill get you in. Hope this info has helped some. Let me know if you need anything else.

deerfield
04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
jason - Thanks for the information. Regarding dates, the reunion officially runs Tuesday, June 23 - Thursday, June 25. Venue is the Grand Resort Hotel & Convention Center. Hope to add a day or two on to one end or the other of the reunion for recreation. If everyone makes it, Mrs D and I will have our three sons with us. The oldest is 22 and in the Army, middle one is 20 and attends Indiana University, and youngest will have finished his sophomore year of high school. I'll send you an email or PM when I have confirmed plans. - Deerfield

jasonba1
04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Sounds great let me know would love to have you all down