PDA

View Full Version : wakeboarding is the new thang

sports76
04-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Hello, I spend a lot of time with my family on my boat. My younger sister likes to go surfing and wants to see herself doing it. My dad and I have been searching the web for quality equipment as this is going to help us start a “family collection” type of movie. Any suggestions!?

kaneboats
04-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Keep it dry.

Razzman
04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Huh? Am i missing something here?

kaneboats
04-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Maybe it's me. I thought he was looking for camera, especially video camera suggestions. Zegms would know way better than I would. My only advice is to keep it dry. I should have also said that investing in a $.05 ziplock bag is just as important as anything else.

pickle311
04-17-2009, 01:22 AM
As far as cameras, I use the Canon HG10, love it. Canon has several new cameras in their line that are very nice. It all depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend.

kaneboats
04-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Is that a digital movie cam? I still use my ancient Sony Handycam. It's 14 years old and still works perfectly. I just don't know what to do with the tapes anymore.

zabooda
04-17-2009, 12:50 PM
I got the Canon HF100 which is the same as the HG10 except you pay $150 less for the 32 GB built in memory. It does 1080i, small enough to fit in a small o-ring container and no more jammed tapes. There is a learning curve to AVCHD and you can play back in HD but if you want to put the movie on a disc in HD then you will need the Blu-ray burner. The software that comes with it is OK but the software needed to make decent movies on disc will cost $100 or more. I went out and bought an Apple because the software is so easy to work with. With the original software, I thought I was burning in HD until I used the Apple and that resolution wasn't available. Great clarity and sometimes too much as I noticed you can see individual blades of grass and people's complexion. There is a feature on it to blend for that purpose. A spare battery to supplement the stock one hour is spendy so look at aftermarket batteries. I take mine white water rafting and motorcycle riding in a cheap o-ring case from Harbor Freight for about $8.

Sled491
04-17-2009, 07:37 PM
For stills, I'm digging my new Nikon D60, but for movies I'd go the JVC HDD. JM2C