PDA

View Full Version : Input On A 2009 Xlv

MANDMJMOOMBA
04-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Hey All
Well We Are Going To Go With Moomba Over Supra..seems Like A Better Use Of Cash...we Were Thinking Lsv...but Are Really Amped On An Xlv....bigger And Deeper And We Are Going To Get Into Wakesurfing...plus We Want To Be Able To Bring Alt Of Friends Every Once In Awhile......any Input On The 2009 Xlv?..as Far As Surfwake.....deepness Of Cabin Etc?...a Supra 21v Gunwales Are 31 Inches....xlv Are 30 Inches So It Seems Right In Line With What We Want......comments?

SJTLMT
04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
I have a 2008 XLV GG edition and I love it. I usually have 10 in the boat with the ballast full and the wake is huge. They changed the hull last year so the 08 and 09 are exactly the same. As far as the surf wake it is great. I really enjoy mine and think that you will enjoy yours as well.

MANDMJMOOMBA
04-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks Sj...altamonte? I Used To Live In Orlando!!..small World...do You Find The Bow And Cabin Are Deeper Than The Lsv?..do You Have The 340 Motor?..any Advice You Would Give Me On The Xlv At All?

04-15-2009, 11:00 AM
I have an 08 XLV with the 340 hp motor. you will be HAPPY with this boat. Great acceleration, ton and tons of room, large wake and good surf wave (which gets way better with more then factory weight). I bought mine loaded and can't think of one things to tell you not to add on. The only option I didn't get was the Z5 cargo rack cause we like to sit in the sun from time to time (we only get a few months in canada of hot weather) and you can't fold the Z5 down.

You will like your XLV. No doubt.

SJTLMT
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah I looked at the LSV and it is a great boat but the XLV is a lot deeper and with a 10 + man crew I really like the extra room. I do have the 340 and it has pleanty of power. It took me a little while to figure out how to get the curl out of the wake but it is huge . And I agree with 501 I the Z cargo is the only option I didn't get I like to be able to fold up my top if I want to.

MANDMJMOOMBA
04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
That Was My Biggest Thing About The Lsv..i Sat In One At A Boat Show And In The Main Cabin And Bow It Felt Very Shallow To Me...but Like I Said The Xlv Is Quoted As Having 30 Inch Gunwales So That Should Feel Very Deep In Comparison...how Is The Xlv Bow?...very Deep?

SJTLMT
04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
The bow is a play pen and is all padded but is deep enough to feel secure but if you have kids then I would take a look at it and see what you think.

MANDMJMOOMBA
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Yes We Have Kids........is The Bow Deeper Than An Lsv?.....i Understand The Playpen Style I Am Interested In The Gunwales Of The Bow....

SJTLMT
04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
It is deeper that the the LSV I think with you concerns you def want to go with the XLV. It is deeper all the way around. If you looked at Supra it is comparable to the 24 ssv.

MANDMJMOOMBA
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Thats The Way We Are Seriously Leaning...the Xlv.....i Have Sat In The Supra Launch 21v.......the Bow In That Boat Is Like A Cave.....i Am Sure The Xlv Is Not As Deep But Would You Say In The Same Neighborhood?........my Dealer Is Like 175 Miles From Me So I Cannot Just Run Down To Check Out All These Boats...plus They Are Very Small Dealers So The Only Have One Or Two Boats On The Lot To Look At.......really Appreciate All The Answers.....

SJTLMT
04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I would def say they are very compairable.

MANDMJMOOMBA
04-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Wow! Really?...i Mean The 2009 Launch 21v Is A Very Deep Bow..and If You Say The 2009 Is Very Comparable As Far As Depth Than It's A Done Deal!.......awesome.....i Mean You Really Feel Very Very Secure In That 21v Bow As Far As Depth...plus Since The Xlv Is A 23' Boat..the Bow Will Be Bigger In General As Far As Width Etc.....so Iasuume There Is Plenty Of Room In The Xlv To Have Some Ladies Do A "shaking Contest"?...lol.....

SJTLMT
04-16-2009, 11:56 AM
The dealership is right beside my office so I went over there at lunch and the had a 09 XLV GG sitting right next to 09 21V worlds edition and the bow depth looked nearly identical. I think that you will be really happy with the XLV set up. And yes there is pleanty of room for the ladies hahah

MANDMJMOOMBA
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Wow!!..thank You So Much For Taking Your Own Time To Go And Look At The Two Boats For Me..you Did Not Have To Do That..but I Really Cannot Thank You Enough....just Out Of Curiousity Where Is The Supra/moomba Dealer In Altamonte?.....

SJTLMT
04-16-2009, 04:00 PM
It is Central Florida watersports in Sanford and it is only about 8-10 miles away. I needed to talk to them about service and they happen to have those two boats sitting right next to each other so I was able to look at them side by side. No problem man enjoy :D

kaneboats
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Sounds like the Flint River mini-jam. Hmmm. A Snickers raffle. There's an idea I can sink my teeth into.