PDA

View Full Version : What RACKS?

XLV3BAGR
04-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Hey boarders.........just bought a new MOBIUS XLV.......LOADED.....but no board racks.............what are u guys using?..should i put factory ones on or are theyre better ones?................would like swivel...and i saw they make them without the bungee cord?............and who has the best prices..............they want a arm/leg for these guys,/,/,.................I also have a cheapo rope I need to upgrade.................??????/

jmvotto
04-15-2009, 07:08 AM
ditto on the periods. i thought it may have been spam at first

welcome xlv bagr3

montertower has the factory racks both stationary and i believe swivel racks as well. I used h20watersports for a tower speakers, i think they have racks as well. lipboating has racks as well , i purchased a kneeboard rack from them.

jasonba1
04-15-2009, 10:47 PM
If your wanting swivel racks call Jim Jackson at Viper customs, I switched this year to them and love them. If you say that you saw it on the moomba site he will sell them for 695 a set which is a lot cheaper than other I have seen, and his swivel a full 180 degrees. His number is 865-388-4096

McMoomba
04-16-2009, 09:30 AM
I just got this rope http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=14629&pdesc=Proline_LG_Handle_with_80_Mainline&cname=Ropes-Handles&aID=2C&merchID=1009&r=view from Overtons. I was ready to buy a high dollar carbon handle when I was informed that they chip and newbies will let it hit and dammage boards. I also noticed in boarding videos and pictures that 98% of pro riders used a regular handles. I still want one though (Why is that?).

FearTheElf
04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I too am looking to add racks to my Outback, going for a ski rack on one side and a board rack on the other. I see Monster and Lip have comparable products / prices.

Who on here has had luck one way or the other?

Thanks!

maxpower220
04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I am happy with my Lip board rack. No problems.

jclay5
04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I am happy with my Lip board rack. No problems.

I second the LIP. They are very affordable and get the job done. Nothing fancy but they are a great product for the price.

tprkolbas
04-17-2009, 10:58 PM
i bought the "nice rack" board racks with the swivel mounts and clamps - they don't rotate a full 180 degrees - more like about 100-120 degrees. got them new off ebay this time last year for about $675 shipped. i'm pretty happy with them. the only criticism is that you need to make sure no one's head is in the way when you pull the lever to open them because they open hard and could take someone out.

FearTheElf
04-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks all for the replies. Anyone using the Monster racks? Seems like they would be the best match and fit/finish, given they are made by the same company that makes our towers.

Roachman
04-18-2009, 05:58 PM
I have one of the stock racks I will sell. Let me know if anyone is interested.

FearTheElf
04-19-2009, 11:37 AM
I have one of the stock racks I will sell. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Interested - PM sent

XLV3BAGR
04-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey guys Thanks for the replies, just got back from vacation and still waiting for MOBI to show up! Ill check out Jim Jackson and am going to look at TITAN? I saw these are whats used on the Supra boats. I thought theses towers were XTP? What is the diameter of our tubes? Am thinking of taking my racks off my SeaRay before I sell it just to use them till I can coin up for real ones:)

NCSUmoomba
05-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I have the Monster Racks, and I love them. The best part is that they have a quick disconnect so I can take them down when I am done. This prevents the bug guts splatter and since they are not exposed to the elements all the time, I expect the rubber and bungees will last longer.