PDA

View Full Version : Goalie gear

smokedog2
04-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I am coaching (assistant coaching) lacrosse this year, 7-8th grade and we have one goalie and one set of equipment. We need a spare (of both really).

I’ve been on e-bay but did not see a real deal. I’m looking for someone with a set in the closet. I’ll settle for hockey goalie or baseball catchers gear. I need all the pads and a goalie stick. The bigger the better (size large pref). Since my son does not play goalie, I’m hoping for garage sale prices. This will be on my nickel.

I try to limit my own internet visiting to a couple of internet sites. For all I know there is a Lacrosse board somewhere but I don’t have time to find it.

My son plays for a Catholic school and we are always in need of a player or two, especially next year. Most of our 7th graders play baseball. One of them described baseball to me as America’s Past Time. I said yea, because all you do is stand around and pass the time.

If you are looking for a sport for your son, this one is a hoot. It is the fastest growing sport in the US right now. Soccer is flat boring compared to this but we love recruiting soccer players -- cus they can run. My son started with soccer but has never looked back.

Not exactly Moomba related but I’m stuck here doing taxes – really avoiding doing taxes.

Happy Easter,

SD2

BWeber
04-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Start up a rugby team for those boys. Much more exciting and no pads are required. I started playing about 7 years ago, best decision I have ever made besides buy a new LSV this year.

jester
04-12-2009, 10:48 PM
SD2,

Sorry to hear about the taxes. It is always a sad day when you have to write another check to the govement.

Anyways in Oregon we have a store called "play it again sports" that has lots of used equipment. I do not know if they are out side or Oregon or not. Also lay off the soccer kids. Soccer players do not need sticks to have fun unlike other sports :). Good luck in your search.

Waynes345
04-13-2009, 11:01 AM
SD2 - As Jester suggests, you are well served by trying Play It Again Sports. They cater to lacrosse players (as well as hockey and baseball) and usually have both new and used equipment available. If you are not particular, I'm sure you could pick up something to keep the goalie welts minimal. My son has been playing lacrosse for a couple years now and we all thoroughly enjoy it. It's a tough, action filled, fast paced game that's growing fast.

kaneboats
04-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Try putting a "wanted" ad on your local Craigslist.

truetexan84
04-13-2009, 11:38 PM
i agree with BWeber, go with rugby. great sport!!!

Birdman_08_LSV
04-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah, TrueTexan84 likes Rugby because he can't break anything. He breaks everything he plays with. (LOL) JK Mike!