PDA

View Full Version : has anyone been dissatasfied with their new boat >?

alex56
04-12-2009, 06:47 PM
anyone experiancing problems with the water intake

ian ashton
04-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Weird first post, why the edit?

I was 150% satisfied with my new Moomba :)

Suprahunter
04-12-2009, 07:32 PM
I agree I was and am 150% Happy with both my boats.
Whats your point.

zabooda
04-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Strange post and a rather general question. I have no complaints but my mechanic does, he hasn't seen me since 2002 and I don't do much on the boat myself.

KT Mobius
04-12-2009, 09:24 PM
No complaints here. Bought my boat in January and love it.

smokedog2
04-12-2009, 09:25 PM
As I have said before, my boat has attracted college girls to my dock, a dock you cannot see from the road or even much from the lake. They should have a warning label or something.

Last week they were showing up in the storage barn. It’s a safety hazard for married guys :)

Scottys
04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Picked up our 07 Outback 2 years ago and have had only one issue. It was actually an Idmar issue with the "J" hose failing. It was taken care of without any hassels. My family and I absolutely LOVE the boat!!

alex56
04-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Weird first post, why the edit?

I was 150% satisfied with my new Moomba :)

i accadently hit delete and i didnt ahve enough time to fix it but i have re wrote it

jester
04-12-2009, 10:42 PM
As I have said before, my boat has attracted college girls to my dock, a dock you cannot see from the road or even much from the lake. They should have a warning label or something.

Last week they were showing up in the storage barn. It’s a safety hazard for married guys :)

For a married guy yes but for us single guys it is great.

I have had very few issues with my boat and most where solved right away.

I did not know SC was still producing the 08's. My thought is that it could have been one that was sitting out back all winter but then it would have been wrapped up. The boat should have then been unwrapped once it made it to WA put togehter and cleanned.

ian ashton
04-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Sounds more like an issue with the dealer - I'm suprised you didn't notice those issues when you took delivery, although I know when we picked our boat up I was super pumped and probably could have missed a lot (if I wasn't so anal, lol)

alex56
04-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Sounds more like an issue with the dealer - I'm suprised you didn't notice those issues when you took delivery, although I know when we picked our boat up I was super pumped and probably could have missed a lot (if I wasn't so anal, lol)

yeah exactly... but i mean it was dark inside the garage he had, very little light so you couldnet really see the black mold.... alltogether were not to happy, get the boat, discover rust corrosion etc.. then we start it and it already blows a hose! i cant believe theyd even sell it to you like this though...

Kidder
04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
yeah exactly... but i mean it was dark inside the garage he had, very little light so you couldnet really see the black mold.... alltogether were not to happy, get the boat, discover rust corrosion etc.. then we start it and it already blows a hose! i cant believe theyd even sell it to you like this though...

Take pictures of EVERYTHING. Contact the dealer and see what you can work out.

Birdman_08_LSV
04-13-2009, 01:03 AM
The only issues I've had with my boat are working too much, and tree stumps hiding under the water. The boat over all is/has been great. The service shop where I go is great also. I would say you should talk to the people on here that live around you. They will be able to tell you more about the dealer and what not.

c.rix
04-13-2009, 12:35 PM
the only thing I had and issue with was The trailer had no dent in it when I paid for the boat came back 2 months later and wham dented trailer not sure what happened but whatever I got a good deal so I didnt mind much

After taking it out a few times notice one of the hoses wasnt on all the way drippin on the v belt causing it to spin breaking it

So I had to put the hose back on and a 10 dollar v belt and I couldn't be happier with the boat

Come on summer let go ride