PDA

View Full Version : WakeMAKERS.com (Plug for a new Company)

RobertJ
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey guys I just thought I would give a plug to a new Company that is just getting started. The Company is WakeMAKERS, www.wakemakers.com, the guy getting this off the ground is Spencer that used to be with Wakeside. Spencer is a great guy and as you can see from their site they should be a great resource and supplier for us Moomba owners, as well as Supra guys and so on.

I like some of the piggy-back systems they are developing to add additional ballast to your factory system. I would like to look at try the piggy-back integrated bow sack in my LSV.

kaneboats
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice clean easy to use site. Thanks for sharing!

Razzman
04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
These look to be the same prices or more as on Wakeside currently. While i'm always supportive of the industry i find it hard to beat Wakeside's service & support. Until they let me down i'll stick with them as they have much more than just ballst gear and always deliver asap. BUT i'll bookmark them and use them if needed ... Just my two cents worth.

RobertJ
04-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Razz, I agree with you Wakeside has always been my go to place for all items wake. My last two boats sported the cool drip molded Wakeside emblems. Over the last few years I have dealt mostly with Spencer (Jacob before that).

I am not tied in any way to WakeMAKERS nor do I really know their business plan other then what I have pieced together and surfing their web site. One of the main guys, Spencer, is a very upstanding and knowledgeable guy, and a pretty mean wakeskater (and I am sure everything else that requires a board). One cool thing about WakeSide and Spencer is that they used to have some ties to Active Watersports, by far the best Moomba dealer in the world. They know our boats and the make-up of a Moomba owner.

I am sure that prices will be the same or close to it from both sites. I think where WakeMAKERS is trying to set themselves apart is that they are only going to sell ballast items (sorry Ed no T-Handle, but call WakeSide). WakeMAKERS is working hard to have turn-key upgrades and systems along with all the specialty fittings and hardware you could ever need.

meech
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM
thanks for the info ... i decided to order through spencer (great guy) and he gave me a decent discount ... greatly appreciate it and would recommend ... :)

Sled491
04-17-2009, 09:36 PM
So far he seems willing to work with us, I hope it works out for the future. I know he's listening, and that will go a long ways

jasonwm
04-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Thank you all for the feedback and the introduction! We hope to be an asset for the community, so if anyone has questions about ballast in general, or setups for their Moomba in particular, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Jason

ian ashton
04-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Just placed an order for some fittings for my ballast upgrade, can't wait to get them so I can finish up my project!

moombadaze
04-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Jason, sorry ive been unable to answer when you called-i got what i needed and will find out if it works tomorrow-sunday. Let you know if anything comes up

jasonwm
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Don't apologize to me, I just wanted to make sure you got what you needed. The T1200 is a real pain to integrate because of the non-standard thread. We've done some informal testing here, and I'm not entirely convinced it's worth the trouble in most situations.

If you need anything else to make it work, just let me know.

moombadaze
04-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Jason, It was worth the pain to me to install. Im using it to empty my surf bag, It emptie'd just about as fast as my factory bag in the ski locker with the factory empty pump.

jasonwm
04-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the update! How did you connect the hose? What size bag are you draining with it?

moombadaze
04-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the update! How did you connect the hose? What size bag are you draining with it?

I used that 1" hose adapter to go from the bag to the pump-coming out of the pump used a 6" long hose that fit tight over the threads-actually had to screw the hose onto the threads then the 1" hose fit into that hose-used a hose clamp to make it tight and it works great-just not very pretty, but its outa sight and works so Im happy with the results.