PDA

View Full Version : Steering Issues

dave360
04-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey guys! I really need some advice.

I just replaced the Teleflex steering cable on my 06 LSV after it locked-up on me. The boat is super easy to turn now, except that it gets a ton of feedback from the prop when I make hard turns and even feels like the pinion could be "slipping" on the rack. I checked to make sure the rack is properly seated under the steering wheel and it is. Does anyone know what could be causing my angst now? Should I also replace the cog part of the pinion system?

Thanks a mil for any help you can offer!

-Dave

Sled491
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Is the feedback in the form of pulsating and not being able hold, or are you just feeling the push? Is the a tension screw in the system that needs to be readjusted.

dave360
04-07-2009, 06:52 PM
It's really like a pulsating feeling when the rudder is under side-pressure (hard turns). No tention adjustment that I'm aware of.

Sled491
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
the reason I ask about the tension or feedback screw or adjustment is because the pulsing you are feeling is just the the rudder moving back and forth because the is slack in the line.

warwagon
05-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Anyone ever figure out the deal with this? I put a cable on my 04 LSV last week and now when I take off pulling someone not perfectly straight I am getting a pulsing/popping feel in what seems to be the steering gears in the dash. Where the 4 bolts hold the cable down.