PDA

View Full Version : Boat Break in

mikebu
04-05-2009, 05:50 PM
We'll my boat, 07 Supra 21v, got broken into last night. They take the OEM Kenwood Subwoofer and a Amp the dealer put in.

Anyone know how much to replace the Kenwood Subwoofer and Cabinet with the Heat vent and flashlight holder?

Razzman
04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
You'll be better off asking that on the Supra forum, not the Moomba one as we don't have that setup on Moomba's. 2 cents worth...

mikebu
04-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks I did. The Moomba folks are just more helpfull and chatty compared to the Supra people...

Razzman
04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear that, glad to have you around! :p When you do find the answer let us know for future reference. I've always wanted one of those flashlights!

mikebu
04-05-2009, 09:29 PM
On the bright side they left the flashlight...

I park at a gated storage lot. The thieves cut a hole in the fence in the back where the RV's and Boats are parked and probably parked a car in a parking area behind a strip mall near the hole in the fence. They went through the boats, in some cases cutting through covers and/or cutting bungie cords holding down covers. Thankfully they didn't damage my Evolution cover.

A storage lot employee saw someone carrying something that morning and scared them off but she thought someone was living in their RV and didn't think it was a burglary as they haven't any problems like this previously. My amp was found on the groud in front of the hole in the fence and I saw a bolt cutter laying on the back of one boat whose cover was cut through. So it looks like they left in a hurry. The Sheriff took fingerprints off the Amp and didn't laugh when I asked when CSI was going to show.

I noticed it when I drove past this morning taking my son to hockey practice. When I drive past I have a second to see my boat between the buildings and I thought I saw the back corner lifted on my cover. I checked it coming home and discovered what happened.

Sled491
04-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Dude that sucks. No insurance? Maybe you don't want to make a claim to avoid a rate increase?

Look at it this way, your dealer should give you a deal, your the best repeat customer they could ask for:)

mikebu
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I have insurance but I have $1000 deductible...

Sled491
04-06-2009, 11:10 PM
that sucks:(

kaneboats
04-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Very sorry to hear about this. You do what you can to keep it in a secure facility and even check on it regularly. But, you still can't prevent the criminal element from getting in there. Let's hope the economy rebounds this year as it definitely has an effect on crime.

wolfeman131
04-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

We try to lock everything up at the lake, but we always joke that we're just keeping the honest crooks from taking our stuff. The pros would get anything they want . . .

sandm
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
^^ so true..

sorry to hear about the loss.
I always think twice about leaving the boat in the driveway when we go 2 days in a row. hate to see it happen to anyone...

zegm
04-08-2009, 10:26 PM
We had young kids getting into cars parked in front of their houses in our nice neighborhood! Luckily our German Shepherd was out that night in the fenced in back yard and he starting doing something he never does ...BARK LOUDLY!!!! We were the only house that didn't get hit!
Now Wolfeman, with an AR-15 around wouldn't that keep some of the sum away? :)))