PDA

View Full Version : New Owner Here; Got pics and questions :)

stillentt
04-03-2009, 12:07 PM
First off, I'm on cloud 9 right now, this boat is so amazing and I just pulled it home last night 2hrs from Dallas, Texas. I'm so ready to get out there and ride!

Now that is out of the way I have a few questions...

I bought this boat yesterday off craigslist and its a 2006 LS, and i suppose is technically still under warranty of some sort. I had the boat serviced at the dealership before purchse to ensure everything was mechanically sound and it all checked out. The one thing i didn't check to much into (because I don't know how it works and couldn't argue much on it) is the interior warranty term for a 2006 boat?

1) Is the interior still under warranty ?
2) I was briefly told by a tech that he didn't think the warranty would transfer to me and that it only applied to the original owner (which technically the boat is still in his name for a few days so i could get warrnty work done if so).
4) Would the flat storage panel lids in the rear of the boat be covered by a warranty ? (they look like the seams are coming apart on both left and right side [no rips] just looks like due to heavy traffic possibly ?)
5) Should/Can I try to push the dealer to repair/fix for free?

Any input would be appreciated. Below are few pics of the boat. I think i'm in love.

http://myweb.cableone.net/triwoods/white.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/triwoods/white2.jpg

moombadaze
04-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Congrats on the new addition-looks awsome

Birdman_08_LSV
04-03-2009, 01:27 PM
That's a good looking boat man. Congrats! What lake will you be on the most this summer?

newty
04-03-2009, 01:59 PM
1st off congrats!! I saw your post on WW. Great looking boat.
Not sure about your warranty but I do know you can remove those back hatch covers and have them re-upholstered. It should be less than $100. You may be able to order new skins through your dealer and do them yourself. I would go that route then you know they will match.
Either way good luck, and enjoy!:D

stillentt
04-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys!

I bought the boat from a private seller. I'm not to bent about the warranty, just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page! I figure i will ride the boat this summer and then get the skins replaced if i can't figure out how to fix it.

An interesting note about the warranty (and this is what sparked my questioning) is that when we went to get the boat from the dealer after the oil change I had them pull the service history on the boat and realized that a year ago there was a defect in the rear seat cushion. It was placed on order free of charge under warranty, however, never installed. I asked them about it and, sure enough, they still had the brand new rear cushion in the warehouse from April of 08 and never put it on the boat, so at the very last minute the guys from the dealership ran out and swapped it for me, no charge, at the drop of a hat. (very cool experience)

I live about an hour south of Oklahoma City and ride at Konowa lake. There is a powerplant there on the lake and they cool there machinery with the water so it is constantly being warmed which helps extend our riding season around here. Occasionally, go to Arbuckle or Texoma, but may make it back to Dallas now that I have a REAL boat!

READY for summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scottys
04-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Congrats and welcome to the family!
Great looking boat. Have you named her?

SEARK
04-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Boat looks great. I love that black tower on the white boat.

deerfield
04-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I love that black tower on the white boat.

Gets my vote, too!

stillentt
04-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Thus far just been referring to her as Mobi

kaneboats
04-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Congratulations! And, welcome aboard. Lots of friends and help here. Please visit often. Looks great!

04OUTBACK
04-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Nice Ride. Welcome
Just a tip I learned from someone else on here...
Go to Bass Pro SHops, or a marine shop and get some longer straps for the front of the Bimini top.. If you get longer front straps, you can raise the bimini some in the front!

Sled491
04-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Love it, I would have bought that boat in a minute.

As I recall on the warrenty issue that it was in 07 when SC started the 3 yr dealy. You might have a hull or enging warrenty but again not sure in 06 if it was transferable. Supposedly in 07 that changed.

1LOKMOOMBA
04-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Luv the boat dude, you must be half OKIE. ROCK ON