PDA

View Full Version : How do you weight your LSV?

brenpire
04-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I usually keep my plate in the middle with full ballast. Problem is I'm always re-thinking the set up.

How do you weight your LSV? Do you adjust your wakeplate up, down or?

I would love to know how the LSV in the "the wake" video is set up. Does anyone know?

http://www.moomba.com/mobiuslsv/

ajmoritz17
04-03-2009, 11:08 AM
hey it is my experience that there will never be one true way to set everything up so its the same everytime you go out.

i have a general idea where to begin with everything then i adjust from there.....It's nice for me cause i ride with people who like the same set up as me, speed and weight.....so i have them go first that way its just right for my run! ;).

if youre like me you will usually be riding with the same amt of people so id say fill em up and the wake plate 50% is a good place to start...one thing that helped fine tune my wake was getting weight in the bow....this helped me a lot check it out..

http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip029.asp
________
ZR750K (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_ZR750K)

Hillbilly
04-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I run my LSV HEAVY !! The wake gets good and meaty but you have to ride faster with more weight.
1000 lb. triangle sac on top of the front seats
750 in front of the back seat
540 in lead and pop bags split under the stock bags in back
2 85 lb bricks on top of the back seat to move back and forth to even out the boat
And all 3 stock bags full= 1200 lbs.
wake plate just above the bottom line so almost flat.

I have the 14x 14.25 prop from OJ and we run about 3800 rpm I'm guessing is around 24-25 mph.

You could always just run a sac in the walkway. Lsv's need more weight in the bow. I don't need that big of a wake but I ride with a friend who is very good and he helps pay for the gas so I run it heavy.

I had the lead and sacs sitting so why not use them right ? I still got 2 400lb sacs but that would be too heavy LOL.

ajmoritz17
04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
guess i didn't say how i weighted mine..

750's in the rear
i took the factory ski locker out and replaced it with a tube sac it fits alot better but its less weight- i find this was one of my best upgrades cause i nolonger catch my toes on the partially closed floorboard.
i take one of the 400 pounders and let it flop around on the seats in the bow.
wake plate is almost all the way up or down can't remember i just do it...
i ride 23.5 mph....
like i said these are my start points i tweak the plate everytime-

Ive also found that one bad thing about being the only guy who knows whats goin on with weight is horrible. if there are passengers in the boat that don't understand it is funny to see there reactions when you ask them to scoot over so the person im towing has a good wake. and it took a lot of boat time for my friends to finally realize to do the same for me when they are driving...
________
FSC600 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_FSC600)

Jon
04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Upgrade to 750's in the rear on each side of the engine, stock ski locker ballast (400 lbs), integrated bow sac under bow cushions (estimated 600 lbs). 6 Lead bricks under the bow filler cushion (around 150 lbs total). 2650lbs total ballast with 5-6 people, wakeplate about half way, maybe a little more down. Run at 24.5-25 and it is money!!!

Hillbilly
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm thinking of doing the 750 swap for the rear's. Then I could do away with the lead and sac on the floor .

Does it bulge the side panels in the compartments with the 750's ?

I too get pissy when ppl will not move to clean up the wake ! It makes me even more mad when they bitch about it and they were the last to ride, Yet just complimented me on the wake....I'm like they move for you now move for them.

What line length are you guy's running I like 72.5 but I got a new rope and don't have my 2.5 foot piece on it and kind of struggle @ 75.

Jon
04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
The panels bulge a little but hey, if its not melting because it's touching the risers or manifolds we are good to go right? haha. Our line length is normally between 70' and 75'.

pickle311
04-04-2009, 01:08 AM
I run the intergrated bow sack, stock ski locker sack, and 750s in the rear. I also have another 150lb sack I throw in the bow. With everything full, I still need another 400 to 500 lbs in the bow.

Hillbilly
04-04-2009, 03:06 AM
I bought the triangle sac because it holds more and it gives me an excuse not to have a bunch of ppl in the front of the boat.

I guess I need to order up the 750's and quite playing around.