PDA

View Full Version : Moomba masters

jmvotto
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
ok, short story long. I was searching the web to see when Russ Wilde would be at my lake in 09, he was ther last year in july, I would love to get a personal wake lesson. The moomba site dates are old so i went to O'brien to see if they have 09 dates, notta. So i am side tracked and see on 03/09/09 Chris parrish wins the Moomba masters, so i click through to check the video, and I see the tow boat which is not a moomba:confused:, then I see the tow boat sponsor is Nautiques.:rolleyes:

Why is moomba not the sponsor for the Moomba Masters????

That would be like honda being the sponsor for the Buick Invitational in golf

04OUTBACK
04-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Well.. this is what i see..
Moomba is an Aboriginal word meaning "Let's get together and have fun":
Kinda where the name came from..

So Moomba is an Australian word that is quite popular.. in Australia..
and the Moomba Masters is in Australia..

I have too wondered about that in the past on some search missions..

Kinda like Nautique is a French word for Nautical..
So the French could have a Nautique Masters and be pulled by Mastercraft. HA

Razzman
04-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I will have to check into that for you. My brother has lived in Western Australia for the last eight years and might be able to shed some light on that.

jmvotto
04-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Brad,

Thanks,
I now know about the name, i guess if i were SC i would always pay up for that sponsorship....

04OUTBACK
04-02-2009, 11:12 AM
that may be a "SPITE" thing where Moomba once did.. backed out and Nautique jumped on it..just to spite due to the name..
Plus, since the event is in Australia, it may be hard to justify the cost... not much ROI in the US (Dominant sales market)..
I know Josh Sanders has a Supra dealership in Australia but don't know much about Moomba sales there.. may be kinda cheesy in Australia with the Moomba name.. HA
Nautique may have a better dealer network there...