PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Line

Atlanta owner
03-28-2009, 03:58 PM
I have a quick question:

I just bought a 2009 Gravity Games XLV....What is the best way to tie the wakeboard line to the tower.

yearround
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
i like to just put the loop at the end of the line over the tower, no knots

csmsk
03-28-2009, 08:24 PM
We pull the rope (not the handle end!) back through the loop just enough to create a new loop that tightens to the tower. I thought everyone did that...

jroberts
03-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes, there should be an existing loop in the end of the line. Reach your hand through that loop and grab the line. Then pull the line back through the original loop. Use that 2nd loop to attach the line to the tower. I've put blemishes in a couple of nice tow ropes trying to do other stuff.

Kidder
03-28-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm not visualizing this in my pea brain.

Can someone take a pic of this? I think I understand but I would like confirmation.

meech
03-29-2009, 11:59 AM
you're not the only one :) a pic would be great ...

I'm not visualizing this in my pea brain.

Can someone take a pic of this? I think I understand but I would like confirmation.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't have a cam with me but here's the deal. Take the loop end of the rope. (Not the handle end) Now stick your hand through the loop and grab the rope. Pull the rope back through the loop. You have now created a "new loop". Stick this new loop over the rope ball on your tower. Pull the rope tight! You have now put the rope on your tower and didn't have to "tie" anything. ;)

Kidder
03-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't have a cam with me but here's the deal. Take the loop end of the rope. (Not the handle end) Now stick your hand through the loop and grab the rope. Pull the rope back through the loop. You have now created a "new loop". Stick this new loop over the rope ball on your tower. Pull the rope tight! You have now put the rope on your tower and didn't have to "tie" anything. ;)

I get it. Thanks, Birdman!

Birdman_08_LSV
03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Anytime Kidder! Did that help out Atlanta?:confused: