PDA

View Full Version : Great Instructional Wakeboarding Series!

Birdman_08_LSV
03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey, I was told that this was a great instructional a few weeks ago so I got online and bought one. It's called, "The Book". It has over 13 hours of video. It's broken down into 9 disks. It covers everything you could want to know about wakeboarding. The first 5 disks cover wakeboarding and the last 4 are wakeskating and a mobile edition. This thing really does cover it all. The first disk, "Getting Started", covers Equipment, Boating, Getting ready in the boat, Getting up, and Riding Positions. For equipment it covers what board you will want for your skill, the types of boards and how each board changes the ride, bindings, and even how to set up your gear. Boating talks about the types of boats, boat safety, pre-launch, launch, and even how to drive patterns to help keep the lake calm.

All this is just in the Getting started video. It also has Building a Foundation, Base Inverts, Spinning, and Intermediate & Advanced Inverts. I have watched the first two disks and I think this thing is great. This is the very thing I was looking for. If you want to know more about wakeboarding, this has everything you will need to know. If you have this series post some comments about your take on it. If you have any questions put them down too.

Ian Brantford
03-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Yep. I think that it's the most recommended tutorial product on this forum... and probably many others. I also have Detention 2012.

Both are good. Both glossed over the finer details of getting good pop off the wake for a beginner though... which is my main problem. :-( They both gave lots of information on preparation with edging and line tension, but not on what happens right on the wake.

kaneboats
04-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Anybody want to get Kyle to give us 5 tips for beginner to intermediate riders for getting more pop off the wake? If so, please post his answer along with a cool photo of Kyle in action.

kaneboats
04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Allright, I just sent an e-mail to Kyle via the camp. I'll let you know what response I get.

jmvotto
04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
cool i need some poop off the wake

Birdman_08_LSV
04-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I think we could all use a little more "poop" off the wake.

Birdman_08_LSV
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey Ed, is that a little Foghorn Leghorn you just posted? (LOL)

kaneboats
04-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Now boy, I say, now boy, when a woman's talkin' just stand there and nod your head and try to resist the temptation to say somethin' back. Run along now.

jjolson
04-06-2009, 12:49 AM
I have both of the instructionals...The Book and Detention 2012. I think they compliment each well. Nice thing about The Book is that you can put on your ipod and take it on the boat if you want. :)

kaneboats
04-06-2009, 09:25 AM
It appears that Kyle Schmidt is taking our request pretty seriously. Here is his response:

Give me a few days on this and I will write something up for you. Thanks Pat.

-- Kyle Schmidt
LearnWake.com

I will post Kyle's response as soon as I have it. What a fantastic ambassador for the sport. Thanks, Kyle!

Birdman_08_LSV
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah, Kyle sounds like a great guy. I can't wait to see what he has to say.

XLV3BAGR
04-26-2009, 12:34 PM
WOW COOL I Love these forums, a guy can learn so much. I am going from a 19' Sea Ray I/O 190 H.P. with a tower to a new XLV 340H.P. with a 3bag system. I might be in over my head but Im going for it! Life doesn't get any shorter!! I need more p o p too!

mmandley
05-12-2009, 05:47 AM
I jsut bought the Detention 2012 and man im learning so much about what i was doing wrong and why i haven't made it up on my board yet. Here i was thinking it was a combo of me and my GF both being new to wake boarding and driving a boat.

Nope Nope its all me and not being in the exact position and im still fighting the ride to much. Cant wait till this weekend to get back out there and work on it some more.

Sean Murray his the host on the video's and its a real learning experience for me and it only cost me $20 at the local store here. I'm very pleased with it so fare and plan to take our portable DVD player on the boat so i can see what im doing wrong if i do and or to learn more on the water. Also i think it will make a great tutorial for any new riders with me and also help my GF when she starts to board soon.

ToddXLV
06-08-2009, 10:24 PM
You know what, Kyle is a great guy. I met him last year when he was up here in the Seattle area for a Skiers Choice promo at my dealer. I am new to wakeboarding so I didn't even know who he was. But for a guy that is a world class rider and instructor, he is very humble. I hung out and talked with him for over an hour and he and some of the girls from SC invited me to go out with them downtown Seattle. I couldn't make it but that was very cool of them.

I just purchased "The Book" on Saturday online. I could of easily copied it off one of my friends but I want to support Kyle and his camp. I also just sent him an email about taking his class in Clermont next March. We were going to head down to Miami for the Winter Music Conference so I figured we can just hit up his wakeboard camp up by Orlando the week before.

Kyle is a solid dude. Not too many people with that high of a profile would be that friendly. Next time he is up this way I am going to try and get him out on my XLV and give everybody a show out on Lake Sammamish. The Book is regarded as the best instructional DVD set ever made for wakeboarding.

mmandley
06-09-2009, 03:37 AM
You know what, Kyle is a great guy. I met him last year when he was up here in the Seattle area for a Skiers Choice promo at my dealer. I am new to wakeboarding so I didn't even know who he was. But for a guy that is a world class rider and instructor, he is very humble. I hung out and talked with him for over an hour and he and some of the girls from SC invited me to go out with them downtown Seattle. I couldn't make it but that was very cool of them.

I just purchased "The Book" on Saturday online. I could of easily copied it off one of my friends but I want to support Kyle and his camp. I also just sent him an email about taking his class in Clermont next March. We were going to head down to Miami for the Winter Music Conference so I figured we can just hit up his wakeboard camp up by Orlando the week before.

Kyle is a solid dude. Not too many people with that high of a profile would be that friendly. Next time he is up this way I am going to try and get him out on my XLV and give everybody a show out on Lake Sammamish. The Book is regarded as the best instructional DVD set ever made for wakeboarding.

If you ever get something like this pulled off and got room man i would love to meet him and get some tips too.