PDA

View Full Version : Need your Opinion....

ncarrera
03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Seeking your advice to name a promotion that would provide a new Moomba buyer free options as a perk .....any suggestions?

ncarrera
03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
"Moomba Free Four All!"

Not a bad idea....

Any other suggestions?

wolfeman131
03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Moomba Madness

Moomba MVP Program (Most Valued Person, or in Ian's case, Most Valuable Playa)

BTW, is the bow mounted grill going to make it on this year's option list? :)

ncarrera
03-27-2009, 02:49 PM
You guys are the best! Thank you..

Gotta check on your questions. I will get back to you soon!

Birdman_08_LSV
03-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I like "Moomba Free For All". That would make me call for more info. (LOL) :p

Reese350
03-28-2009, 08:26 AM
In this market, there are only 2 ways to get people to spend money on something like a boat. Overwhelm them with perceived value or provoke them to make an emotional buy. If I own SC, I make a play with the wraps to do both. If you offered 'Wrap it up!" promo where any 09 could be ordered with a custom (choose from 5-6 standard designs) for free, you would definately provoke some emotional buys.

I think it would give the competition some grief because I bet some of their more cost conscious buyers start looking at Moomba. Everybody wants their boat to scream "hey, look at me" and makes people who see it go "Wow, what is that?". I think Moomba is already a cool brand (name, kangaroo, etc) but if you can get a few hundred custom wrapped Moombas spread around the country, I think you would be surprised at the impact it could have. Just don't lose sight of the Moomba value prop. It's a great boat of outstanding quality at an unbeatable price. That's exactly what I look for as a consumer (of anything) and the bling factor or a wrap included makes it a no brainer.

I also bet you could find a way to do it without eroding the current margin of a boat at all and stimulate significant demand by doing so. Make it a wrap...

My .02

moombadaze
03-28-2009, 02:50 PM
And get the ROO back on the boats

Birdman_08_LSV
03-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Just do something custom with a Roo. I was thinking about having him on the back of my boat, but I couldn't find anything. One day the stuff I have on will start to come off, then I might have to try and bring the Roo back. :p

kaneboats
03-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I too love the Roo. Maybe it's from being a fan of A.A. Milne as a child.

RobertJ
03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Natalie,

How about,

Moomba Cash for your "Roo",or

Moomba Cash for You,

You could set up a promo using a look-a-like dollar with the "Roo" in the place of the president. People could use the Moomba cash for upgrades on new purchases or possibly part of a down payment. (maybe you could get some stimulus money for the program)

P.S. if you really want to move boats, include a grill with a matching apron. Nothing like Grillin' while your Chillin' on the water. If you like my idea all I would want for it's use is a Grillobius wrap for my LSV.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Now that's funny! (LOL)

jmvotto
03-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Ed, arent KFC's closing losing floor space to Taco bell

Lets get a new and improved Roo, one that is wakesurfing:idea:

zabooda
03-30-2009, 03:35 PM
You might want to put some boarding shorts on him and get rid of the spandex stretchy pants. The arms are not proportionally too long and should be barely hanging out of the shirt. SC also needs to make Roo Goo for the bindings.

wolfeman131
03-30-2009, 09:48 PM
SC also needs to make Roo Goo for the bindings.

"Roo Goo?"

Sounds like something you wouldn't want to step in!

zabooda
03-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Carnac sez "What comes out of the backside of a Roo."

maxpower220
03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
With every boat purchase, outfit the boat with a ski(s) (Outback/LS), a board (any V-drive), a rope, and a few vests. I know this is what dealers used to do, but I haven't seen that in a years.
I like the "SC Money", where a person can chose to "buy" options or use it as a down payment on floor models (or a combo of both).

zegm
03-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Ed,

People want the Roo back, get over it!

Everyone else,

We got a free LF board with our boat but I am not sure that is going to bring someone in to purchase a boat in these hard times. Some sort of Great Interest Rate deal might be the thing?

Birdman_08_LSV
03-31-2009, 07:59 AM
I don't think the Roo will be dead. It will just become something that is "Old School". People who want the Roo will have to ask to have it added in a wrap or by some other means, much as it is right now. Ed is right over all with how things are changing with the times, but I don't think that the Roo will ever be "Dead" as long as a few people still "Rock The Roo" and keep their boat "Lookin' Ol' School". That's just how I see it. :cool:

zegm
03-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Data Collection

Moomba Owners and Potential Owners Board

All data seen here shows people like the Roo!

I guess I must have missed all the posts where people on the board said they wanted the Roo gone.

Not that this board would be a good Marketing Tool or anything. :idea:

Like the Old Chevy Icon versus whatever that was on the back of the Chevy Malibu I saw the other day????And where is GM at today?

moombadaze
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
I want the ROO so im going to have the ROO-New swim platform pad and im going to put him on the sides.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-31-2009, 12:07 PM
I need to try and find some room on my boat for a Roo too!

zegm
03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
My point, owners want the Roo back! My kids have the Roo decals posted on the walls in their rooms. Luckily for us our dealer knew how important the Roo was and gave me a handfull of decals. Brand recognition goes a long way!

Birdman_08_LSV
03-31-2009, 01:49 PM
So start petitioning Skiers Choice to get him back.

Send in the Marines!

Skiers Choice made the announcement last July that the kangaroo had become their "old logo".

What I really would like to know is, what exactly IS their present logo?

Send in the Marines! (LOL) Now that's funny. I think they should keep the Roo and even try and update him for those who want him to surf. It wouldn't be that much work for them to put out some custom Roo work.

zabooda
03-31-2009, 01:58 PM
So who slew Auntie Roo? Need an opinion poll on the love of the Roo. I love the old Roo so on my 98 when I do a 1/4 wrap on the metalflake Mobius I plan to have the Roo incorporated and all other advertising comes off. It has character that letters and words can't do and that is why wraps are getting popular. People recognize companies by their visuals. Do you recognize Geico from the green letters and the font type or from the caveman, what about AFLAC? Quack, Quack.

eseebeck
03-31-2009, 04:01 PM
everyone makes a good point regarding a promo deal.

push the quality and price, I would like to see getting current owners involved, We love our Moombas !! Put us to work spreading the word. I have always been a believer that if you got a T shirt, hat, coat....etc. when you bought a new boat, you'd wear it everywhere. The people who know you own a moomba are boat people and see you in it, using it, and sharing rides.

The people on the street don't know, put a MOOMBA hat on my head, a shirt on my back and I could sell a boat or two. Take some ideas from other companies promo programs. I'd love to drag my moomba around to local tourneys. Let it pull a round of slalom and put some money in my pocket.

I'm going to the tourney anyway, why not pull the boat, and get some promo kick back. I'd be happy if it paid my gas to get their.

Put the ROO on my shirt and hat too please

moombadaze
03-31-2009, 04:25 PM
everyone makes a good point regarding a promo deal.

push the quality and price, I would like to see getting current owners involved, We love our Moombas !! Put us to work spreading the word. I have always been a believer that if you got a T shirt, hat, coat....etc. when you bought a new boat, you'd wear it everywhere. The people who know you own a moomba are boat people and see you in it, using it, and sharing rides.

The people on the street don't know, put a MOOMBA hat on my head, a shirt on my back and I could sell a boat or two. Take some ideas from other companies promo programs. I'd love to drag my moomba around to local tourneys. Let it pull a round of slalom and put some money in my pocket.

I'm going to the tourney anyway, why not pull the boat, and get some promo kick back. I'd be happy if it paid my gas to get their.

Put the ROO on my shirt and hat too please

After owning 2 Moomba's and going to 6 Jamboree's in the last 6 years, that When I go out on the weekends you will most likely catch me wearing a Moomba shirt. My quest's to the Jamboree's in the past also wear there shirts out also.

zabooda
03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
I have the Roo by itself on the rear window of my tow rig.

zegm
03-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey SC marketing folks!!!!!!

We aren't ashamed of our Roo!!!!!!!!!

maxpower220
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
My previous few boats were MasterCraft, so this is some good marketing that they do. If you join Team MC, you pay @$35/yr. MC then sends you a MC card (good for 10% off the MC store online), a certificate, a T-shirt, and sometimes other stuff (a backpack one year, a luggage bag one year). The $35 also paid for a magazine subscription.
As I go through my dresser, I have 5 T-shirts that have MC logos. Making some sort of Team Skiers Choice may be a break even money situation for SC, but it will advertise more.
Just a thought.