PDA

View Full Version : Pimp Your Ride With Moomba’s All New Wake Wraps

ncarrera
03-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Today Moomba formally revealed their all new 2009 Wake Wrap Collection for Moomba boats. Moomba’s exclusive new collection of Wake Wrap designs offer customer’s the ability to customize the colors and wrap size of their choice with the option to add custom boat numbers to match their wrap. In addition, Moomba buyers also have the opportunity to design their own custom wake wrap. The possibilities are endless thanks to Moomba’s new partnership with ZDecals.

The best part about Moomba’s Wake Wraps, other than the look, is Moomba’s partner ZDecals uses only the best materials from 3M coupled with 3M protective UV laminations and 3M approved inks. So you can expect the wrap to last at least 8+ years outdoors.

Moomba’s Collection of Wake Wraps are, well, see the designs for yourself at https://download.yousendit.com/TTZsR0lWSWhRR2V4dnc9PQ. Tell us what you think. A Moomba Owner who recently wrapped his new 2009 LSV explained, “Each time I pull up to put gas in my boat, it ends up being a 45 minute deal answering questions about the boat, it’s design, where to get it and so on.” Nice!

To get the latest and greatest in wake wraps and customization opportunities, contact your local Moomba dealer. You can find your local dealer with our dealer locator at http://moomba.com/dealer.php.

ABOUT ZDECALS
Hmm... A little about who we are? Well, one thing is for sure, we love what we do. We don’t aim for perfection, we aim a little higher. Not sure what that would be called, but hopefully you get it. We only expect perfection from each other day in and day out. From the fresh designs from our designers, the vibrant colors that roll off our printers, to the over the top graphic installations, our customers should have no doubt that they’re dealing with the best. Now we have to be honest, the reason we go nuts on quality is we really don’t want to see your wrap back in our shop and we like it when you spread the good word. We’d rather see you catching some big air on the weekends and doing a little bragging here and there. We’re here to do one thing... create cool stuff and hear people say “how did you do that?!?” If you’re looking for something different and a team you can trust, you’ve found us

wolfeman131
03-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry Natalie, but you may not get much love from some of us here with this post regarding ZDecals. :(

Following was from their orginal post under Mods:

"For the amount of coverage you saw on the Mobius, and the Supra on our website, custom designed for your boat it will be $1,500 shipped to your front door. This includes UNLIMITED artwork with our designers until you say "Perfect!" Our stock designs that we are working on will be shipped out for $950 to your front door."

ZDecals has since recinded this offer and many of us who have recently asked for quotes are receiving pricing that is almost double! I had my $$ ready to go, but I doubt I'm now going to spend it with ZDecals. This is a shame as their shop is all of 20 mins from my house.

A few have had a good experience with ZDecals and their boats do look fantastic but there are plenty of shops out there that can provide the same service.

98outback
03-27-2009, 06:06 AM
I completely agree with wolfeman. I recieved a quote from them and it was double the original price. There are many places in my city that do a lot of boat wraps that look great for a lot less.

Reese350
03-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Ditto. Love the wraps, wouldn't buy from Zdecals!

moombadaze
03-27-2009, 07:43 AM
I think having Zdecals not jacking the price on non current models is one of the big issue's, And honor the price's they quoted. I was starting to think about a 1/4 rear rap with a big roo-kinda like Sled's but now-nope, might look local

wolfeman131
03-27-2009, 08:12 AM
What exactly would it take for the company to do, in order for you all to change your image of it?

Ed,

For starters, I would like an explanation as to what happened with the pricing. Everyone makes mistakes and if Nick calculated something incorrectly, I can forgive. Maybe not forget, but forgiving is quite possible.

Then, they need to present us with a program that is reasonable. The one they have now simply is not. While other people in the business have replied on the original post under Mods, I too have an understanding of costs and ZDecals is out of line. I had a full sized Hummer wrapped for $3,000. I buy the decals sets for my company's delivery vehicles and purchase the highest quality 3M material and don't spend what ZDecals is quoting.

Here's some simple math I did for my 1/2 wrap:

12 ft long X 3 ft high = 36 ft X 2 sides = 72 sq ft (this stuff is usually done in inches, but I think most people can better understand sq ft)

installed cost quote of $2,000 - take $500 off for install (this would be a very high install cost) and you get $1,500 / 72 = $20.80 per sq ft

Many companies that post on this board work well with us. Take Chuck Yates and the Seadek team or Matt and the Leverage peeps. This situation is just the opposite and, quite frankly, I am surprised Skier's Choice is now promoting ZDecals on this board. Maybe they can get this fixed and help me forget.

98outback
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
From my understanding that I have read on other boards is that they have to charge this price on skiers choice products. If you have a mastercraft or other boat make you can get it at the original quoted prices. The way I see it is they should not have started quoting prices until everything was set in stone. But the prices are way out of line so I will not be changing my mind and going with Zdecals. As much as I would like to support a company that is for skiers choice I cant. I will go with a local company that does a lot of boat wraps here in jacksonville.

meech
03-27-2009, 10:36 AM
agreed ... will be doing the same in seattle ...

From my understanding that I have read on other boards is that they have to charge this price on skiers choice products. If you have a mastercraft or other boat make you can get it at the original quoted prices. The way I see it is they should not have started quoting prices until everything was set in stone. But the prices are way out of line so I will not be changing my mind and going with Zdecals. As much as I would like to support a company that is for skiers choice I cant. I will go with a local company that does a lot of boat wraps here in jacksonville.

98outback
03-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Did anyone see the video where they put the liquid force wrap on the boat at the factory? Did you notice them cutting the bottom off with a razorblade? If you have to remove the wrap no for some reason you are going to have that cut line on your gelcoat. I would not be to happy with this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-hJav_uc8

ian ashton
03-27-2009, 12:15 PM

What? So the same product for a different (same sized) boat is cheaper? Is the implication that SC is charging them a premium to use their trademark or something, or am I misunderstanding your post?

98outback
03-27-2009, 12:25 PM
The way i understand it is that they have a contract with skiers choice now. So if you own a supra or moomba you pay the price that they have agreed upon for the boats at the factory. This keeps people from just buying the boat and then getting the same graphics done for much cheaper after they get the boat. But for those of us that have boats pre2009 we should not have to pay the same. I and the wife were all for getting it done with money in hand and then they jacked up the price on us. I will keep the money in my own community.

Why is there not anyone from SC or Z-decals chiming in here to defend the prices? Is it because they know that they screwed potential customers over already before it even got started?

Roachman
03-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Where as my wrap was not 3K I think there should be discounts for people that already own a Moomba. Many of them including myself already paid extra money for the gelcoat pattern I got when I ordered my boat. I ordered the tri color at the time which was an additional 800-1500 dollars so I look at it as SC has alreay made that additional money on me and should give a discount on the wrap. Now when people are buying a new boat they can just order a single color and have it wrapped which saves them some money but they still have to come out of pocket 2K to get the unique looks of the wrap.

Personaly I am a fan of zdecals and think that they did a great job making numerous changes until I was completely satisfied. I definitely love the artwork. Does this mean they can design some shirts so we can finnaly get something cool ?

enolten
03-27-2009, 03:30 PM
a full mastercraft wrap will cost you over $4,900...I haven't heard anyone complaining about their wrap pricing..maybe mastercraft owners are more willing to pay for a unique boat...

RobertJ
03-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Enoltn, welcome to the board. This thread is an interesting place to get started on the board but glad to have you as part of the community. I am sorry if you fell that us Moomba owners are a little below the means of other boat owners. I think we are just smart, looking for a good value and are all around a good group. This whole boat wrap with Zdecals kind of stinks. I understand that in today's economy S.C. might be having a little trouble moving new boats. If this is the case getting a cut of of every wrap sold to prior Moomba owners is a good business move on their part.

By the way do you work for Zdecals?

98outback
03-27-2009, 05:09 PM
tI works the same way with mastercraft as moomba. If i take my moomba to the company that has a contract with mastercraft I will pay 50% or more less than the guy with a mastercraft. They have a contract with mastercraft to sale those wraps at that price to mastercraft owners. Also this is a moomba/supra board not a mastercraft. People buy moomba/supra because they are great boats and are affordable for the average person. Not everyone wants to finance a boat 15 - 20 years.

ZDecals
03-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, this is Nick at ZDecals...
I obviously (from the above posts) see that pricing compared to what we had quoted while we were just exploring the idea has doubled and you guys are not happy about that. I do want to break it down just a little for you based on the post months back. I want to start with the quote of $1,500 for the full sides wrap. Since we've been shipping all over the U.S. and have partnered with Skier's Choice we have come across issues that had to be built into the new pricing structure...
So, without further ado:
The installers charge completely different prices depending on their location. Example: In Alabama, we had a full sides wrap installed for $300-$400. Doing it the old way, this price was passed on to the customer as the customer wrote the check to the installer. However, when we had an install in Oklahoma, the installer charged the customer $600-$700 for the install (after we had told the customer to expect $400). Now, we only use certified installers, which are typically proud of their worksmanship because the are the BEST period. We also have them sign an installation warranty agreement which you and the installer keep. So, because of drastic pricing differences between regions, we rolled a standard install cost into the price and we (ZDecals) will pay the installer his requested install price instead of leaving it on the shoulders of the customer to take care of. Also, rolled into the new pricing now is shipping, an emergency patch kit, and install materials for the installer, a care guide, and an install guide. Another item rolled into the price is the use of the space and tools at your local dealership. Your boat MUST be installed indoors due to our high quality standards. Depending on your boat, it must also be moved around in the trailer so that the installer has room to properly seat the vinyl in tight spaces. Your dealership has the proper tools to do so while preventing damage to the boat. Accidentally cracking the fiberglass is not a risk we are willing to take. We also have to pay royalties to Skier's Choice for using their likeness and trademarked names. We've also had to raise capital for our new software system that will soon go live that will allow you to adjust and design your boat wrap online in the comfort of your own home. We've learned tons from installing nationwide and we are making sure all bases are covered so that you ONLY get the absolute best product on the market. We've dealt with all the vinyl manufacturers and we actually do product testing for 3M on some of their products before it even makes it into local sign shops, etc. All of the customers that have received a wrap from us only have good things to say. As we have been making this transition to keep up with volume we have sacrificed nothing and only made it a promise to our customers to make the quality even better, and the process even smoother if we find any means to do so. We have received too many horror stories from customers who have had a local sign shop design- print- and apply graphics, that I personally have put in ridiculous hours and having slept on the couch in our lobby and going without showering for 3 days at a time for the past 4 months (I know, it's kind of gross, and yes, you are correct if you also guess I'm not married, because if I was, I'm pretty sure I would be going through a nasty divorce right now). The purpose of me telling you this is I want my customers proud of their wrap, and I want to hear ONLY good things from you guys. So, I figured the proper place to begin would be to make sure you had the very best product, which I feel is an understatement because we are relentless about quality. I want to listen to everything you guys have to say and create the direction of the program accordingly. Unfortunately because of the reasons listed above we aren't able to keep the "mom & pop, local sign shop" pricing. We have created excellent value in our product and wish we could go back in time and keep that product at the same pricing. Because hey, if the price were lower, you would buy more and we could sell more right?? I wish that was the case, but we would go out of business to cover all the new costs that go along with establishing this program. At the same time I would hate to see you guys have clipart designs that are so "vanilla", and have colors that don't even come close to matching your gelcoat, or installation failures. We pride ourselves in creating original killer designs and color matching that is near perfect with flawless installs. We hope you can see the value in our product and the reason for the price increase. You've always expected the best from Skier's Choice and they have delivered. They trust in our products and services and they would not have partnered with us if we could not deliver as well. Just know that if you do purchase a wrap through your dealer you will get nothing but the best, period. If you feel the need to not do business with us is because of price, we understand. However, if it is for different reasons, we would sincerely like to know so that we can continue to create the best boat wrap program available.

-Nick
ZDecals

tazz3069
03-27-2009, 10:33 PM
since you put it that way. it makes sense now.

enolten
03-28-2009, 08:31 AM
98outback, robert J...

haha...nope don't work with zdecals...i am just like you guys, someone who thinks he could have been a pro-wakeboarder, but just missed the cut ;)...i know it is a very interesting place to start a response...but i normally browse around on the supra forum since i have a 09 supra 22ssv(you might wanna check my boat out)...the moomba forum is more alive than the supra so that is the reason i just signed on yesterday...i was very excited about the wrapping program because finally we(the skierschoice family) are able to get rid of the lame standard decals and make our boats look like a million $$....if you look at the boat from roach i dont think that a mom and pop shop would be able to pull something off like that...i guess quality comes with a price...if an average mom and pop shop would be able to deliver a design like that for a fraction of the price, why has nobody ever done it??

Birdman_08_LSV
03-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Sometimes it's better to pay the higher price to take out the worries. I always feel better paying the extra $ to know that the job was done right. As long as the $ isn't more like $$$! If the price right now is too high for some ... just give it some time, it might come back down some.

jclay5
03-28-2009, 09:58 AM
98outback, robert J...

haha...nope don't work with zdecals...i am just like you guys, someone who thinks he could have been a pro-wakeboarder, but just missed the cut ;)...i know it is a very interesting place to start a response...but i normally browse around on the supra forum since i have a 09 supra 22ssv(you might wanna check my boat out)...the moomba forum is more alive than the supra so that is the reason i just signed on yesterday...i was very excited about the wrapping program because finally we(the skierschoice family) are able to get rid of the lame standard decals and make our boats look like a million $$....if you look at the boat from roach i dont think that a mom and pop shop would be able to pull something off like that...i guess quality comes with a price...if an average mom and pop shop would be able to deliver a design like that for a fraction of the price, why has nobody ever done it??

Post some pics up in pride and joy I'd love to see it.

enolten
03-28-2009, 11:23 AM
jclay,

just posted them...the wrap on the boat is going to be replaced(had this wrap done last year)...after seeing a bunch of cool pictures of full wraps i decided to update it also and make it really bad ass...it still is an awesome looking boat though with a wake you can't beat...my new design should be ready in about 4 weeks...so keep an eye on the pride and joy...

Birdman_08_LSV
03-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I'll be looking for them!