PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard boats handling rough water

feere2084
02-22-2004, 02:17 PM
I'am thinking about getting a wakeboard boat but they don't look like can handle the rough water. Do they have a "V" bottom haul. I go in lake ontario so i need one that handles the choppy water well thanks

tygger6069
02-23-2004, 11:16 AM
feere2084

I have been on the Columbia River in norhteast Washington with 4 to 5 foot waves with my 2000 Kamberra ( same as the Mob V). We did not have any troubles with performance or ride. This was a concern when we bought our boat also but has not been any problems so for. Hope that this helps

J-Lawv
06-04-2004, 12:37 AM
If i got anything smaller than an XLV i wouldnt trust it in a lake that size because they sit so close to the water, i know my friends boat takes on water when they turn around to pick up a skier and hit there own wake. The XLV should be fine though because its alot deeper than the others. Thats just my opinion though and could be wrong.

MEDIC151
06-04-2004, 11:57 AM
I would agree that the smaller boats won't handle the rough water well. I have a Mobius, and if I don't watch carefully, I will spear a wave and give the people in the front a bath. I have been on the lake with a storm coming in and creating 4 foot waves. The boat did really well with a full load, but I had to keep the nose way up and time the throttle to hop into the next trough. Fortunately we didn't have far to go.

Medic

patrick37
06-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I have a 2004 XLV, and yes it handles rough water well. Also, I have never taken on water when hitting my own wake picking someone up.

Latrer,
Patrick

patrick37
06-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I have a 2004 XLV, and yes it handles rough water well. Also, I have never taken on water when hitting my own wake picking someone up.

Latrer,
Patrick