PDA

View Full Version : Ronix

BWeber
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Anyone ever ride a Ronix board?

I want to upgrade from my 5yr old CWB board and get some better bindings.

Any suggestions?

98outback
03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
I have a ronix covin 138 and love it compared to my hyperlite motive and tsd. The hyperlite boards are much heavier then the ronix. The ronix does seem to be fragile compared to the hyperlite though. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.

jmvotto
03-25-2009, 10:36 AM
I have the ronix vault with HL bindings. its a beginners board but i do like it alot for what i am currently performing

jclay5
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I used to ride the Ronix One I still have it as a matter of fact, but I found it was a little to much board for my riding abilities =D Great product though and there 2009 line up is supposed to be top notch. I don't think you will be disappointed ask your local ronix dealer for a demo.

outback 4
03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I rode an 09 Vault with 09 One bindings at OWC two weeks ago and thought it was a pretty good set up. The board handled good and landed soft. The bindings were super comfy. I currently ride an 06 Gator Ricky G. with 08 Murray boots.

McMoomba
03-25-2009, 07:28 PM
I bought an Ibex on Ebay a couple of months ago and I am dying to get on it, I also picked up a pair of Gonzalez closed toe bindings, total setup cost $261. Ebay rocks for boards I have bought 6 setups on there and never had a problem.

csmsk
03-25-2009, 07:38 PM
I've been riding my Ibex 144 w/ the One bindings for over a year now and absolutely LOVE it!!! Great improvement over my last board ('06 Hyperlite Parks) which was still a great set-up. Good pop, super soft landings, and I can carve like never before. I pretty much would have to TRY to catch an edge for the dreaded faceplant because the edges are so forgiving. I've heard the same about the One boards also. My bindings are very cushy and comfortable. I'll never go back to open toes!

Try their stuff out, you won't regret it.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-26-2009, 12:07 AM
I have Ronix One board and bindings. I like having the closed toe bindings, but that's to each person as for what they like. My little sister has a Ronix board and bindings but I can't remember what ones. She likes them also. The best thing to do is try and make it to a demo. Call or go online and check for dates. I'm sure if you ask they will set something up. It's their job to sell stuff. They know they have a better chance to sell something if they help you find something you like.

svtjones
03-26-2009, 12:13 AM
I lost all my gear this past summer to theft... took them right out of the board racks... I rode a ton of board/binding combos this summer and settled on a Hyperlite Imperial with LF CAB bindings. Never road a board with so much pop, and super soft landings... just try botching a landing. The CAB bindings provide a snug/responsive fit yet are tweakable and so so comfy. Just my .02

snowboardcorey
04-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Ronix makes a pretty big lineup of boards so you may want to narrow down your search to one or two models based on your style of riding.

FWIW I rode the Ronix Frontier 140 and loved it. The board is very forgiving yet gets great pop and tracks well. The Frontier was kind of a blend between the one and covin, I think they renamed the board now but it is still a solid contender. The Covin would essentially be a little faster board and the One has a little more "buck" style pop.

Not trying to pimp my shop but if you come up to the Twin Cities we have a performance garuntee(sp?) on all of our stock boards. We are so sure we will set you up on a board that you love that we'll let you trade it out if we are wrong. You can email me if you want to check us out or if you have specific questions about a board [email protected]

jasonba1
04-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I rode the ronix vault and one board and still have both of them but have switced over to liquid force because i got tire of all of the problems I had with their bindings. with that said they always warrantied and sent me a new pair I just got sick of dealing with it. However, the bindings have been complely redesigned this year so they maybe better. Been riding liquid force and have not had one problem yet, love em.

spyder
04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I have Ronix bindings, but i haven't had a chance to use them yet.

gt9118
04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Love the Covin. It was said in an earlier post but a perfect blend between the ibex and one. I have ridden all three boards a number of times and always go back to the covin. (LF closed toe Shane's and Hyper 3DS) Make sure to ride the boards before you buy though. Every board is so much different and just because the board was 700 bucks doesnt mean it fits you. I still love my old rat o'brien

tprkolbas
04-28-2009, 03:41 PM
i had an 07 ronix vault - i absolutely hated it. rode really slow and really loose.

Chefwong
04-28-2009, 06:11 PM
My girlfriend rides a Vault and she likes it...When I rode it I found the speed to be fine, Its got the trimmed toeside edge allowing you to dig deeper on your edge. Not for me though...

I rode a couple other ronixs like the one and did not like it at all.

Though im really interested in testing out is the Covin, I've been told by many people who dislike ronix that if your going to try any of them that's the one to try.