PDA

View Full Version : ski boat/surf boat

dhawkshaw
03-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Hey there my family and I are interested in getting a moomba obviously for the cost issues but also because they can we believe offer what we are looking for. We are looking for the best of both worlds and need a little help in which boat would be best for us. right now have a centurian direct drive which is a great ski boat but with the evolution of the wake surfing we now want a boat which offers us a ballast system at the flick of the switch so we don't have to fill our boast with ballast bags (pain in the arse). so with that said we are leaning towards the outback V. Is this still a good ski boat? Or woud the mobius LS be a better option? with the outback V you can get the gravity 3 ballast system and wake plate, is this enough to make a good surf wake? any answers are greatly appreciated
thanks
Dave

SEARK
03-21-2009, 06:31 AM
With the LS you can get the gravity III and wake plate as well. I have it on mine and it makes a good ski and wake boat.

Sled491
03-21-2009, 09:16 PM
How much of each are you going to do. Are you like me who dables with surfing during peak hours (and when your back is still killing you from your morning sets :) ) or are you gravitating away from skiing. What level of skiing are we talking?

dhawkshaw
03-23-2009, 01:11 AM
My Bro and I are pretty good skiers we just got a course up on our lake and are just getting into that but yeah in the afternoons want to surf and wake with the friends