PDA

View Full Version : Stereo ?'s

Hoopskier
03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
What are peope using, Marine rated or just regular auto stuff?

What size are the speakers in an 03 Outback-in boat, not tower. Would like to have the newer looking speakers and grills.

jasonba1
03-20-2009, 07:47 PM
In boats should be 6.5 inch. On auto vs. marine I am using both. My subs and one amp is auto and my inboats tower speakers and other amp are all marine grade. So far no problem with either one but plan on switching everyting including amps to wetsound in the very near future which is all marine grade

mustangairchair
03-20-2009, 08:01 PM
alot of marine stuff is poor. i have had boats for years and ran auto stuff in most and had no problems.

Hammer
03-20-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm going to install the new Alpine Marine iDA-X100M digital media receiver with 2 MC-10 witch control everything from the head unit.this unit is great if you like ipod music or sat radio.You can also purchase the RF remote its water proof and it floats.
Cant wait to get it. they should release thi spring. www.alpine-usa.com

newty
03-21-2009, 09:11 PM
As far as speakers go. Check construction materials of the particular speakers. Stay away from anything with paper or foam or any blends thereof. Ideal materials would be poly and rubber blends. I have stuck with Kicker for the most part and have been very happy. A lot of people have gone with Polk and had success. As far as amps, unless you plan to get them wet or store them in a damp environment, any car amp would be fine. Decks are typically the only electronic equipment that is most likely to see water and be damaged. So depending on location of the equipment you need to make the decision. Use your best judgment with the info you have and the likelihood of exposure. If its going to get wet, buy marine