PDA

View Full Version : How about some stereo talk

Livindadream
02-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Already all you electronics gurus. Need some help. Want the best possible sound from my Mobius. Currently, it has stock speakers(6) and two tower speakers. Also, has one 800 watt amp. Live in Ohio, so the only thing I have been able to do is tinker with the non-water things. Notice that tower speakers break a bit at not very high volume. Is it the speakers? Is the amp not enough? What do you guys have? Just not pleased with the quality of sound, and looking for some input. Peace.

ARLINGTONMOBIUS
02-24-2004, 01:21 AM
I have same boat as you, and I just installed some added stereo equipment this weekend. So far, mine sounds great. My tower speakers are due to arrive tomorrow, and I look forward to hearing those as additions to what I did this weekend.

I have a couple of questions. Do you have a sub in the boat? How many channels is the amp?

If you are pushing full range sound (especially lows) through 6 1/2" speakers, that could be the cause of the distortion. I am certainly not an expert in the field, but that would be a place to start.

tygger6069
02-26-2004, 12:42 AM
livinadream.

I have 2 - 6.5 Pioneers and 2- 6x9 Sonys in a custom box by Tytebox wake products.
I am running about 450 watts to the tower speakers off of two amps. We can hear the tunes at the end off the rope(about 75 feet back). If you have would like to see the pics of the box let me know. You can also see some pics on the web page at www.Tytebox.com. Hope this helps.

Livindadream
02-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys. Currently, no sub in the boat. I believe the amp is a 6 channel, 800w that comes straight from the factory. Per the previous owner, he selected the stereo upgrade when he ordered the boat, and what is in it is what came with it. I think I need to add another amp and a sub? I am also considering new Pioneer or Sony speakers for the tower. These can be bought all day on e bay. Tygger, would love to see your pics. Please e mail them to me at [email protected]. Thanks and any suugestions would be appreciated. Tracy

Yellowmobius
02-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Hey Tracy,

Most definatly add the sub! It makes a world of difference.
Are you still interested in that RackJack?

Yellowmobius
02-27-2004, 09:27 AM
I had a stereo shop make a sub-box for a 10" sub. I carpeted the box and it is as far forward under the drivers console. You could go with a 12" and have plenty of room.

Livindadream
03-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Good question Gordon. I guess I would answer it by saying can you really hear much over the engine anyway? I certainly can't hear anymore than a whistle, so I rely on my spotters and hand signals from the skier. I spend 99% of my ski time at Norris Lake in TN, and the beauty of that is there is always plenty of room to get out of the way of other boats and find your own private area, and most of it is uninhabited, so noise is not an issue.

Tygger, your product is pretty cool, but at 6'6 space is already at a premium under the tower for me, so I can't afford to give up any more room in the area that I have to walk through. My forehead would be in grave danger.