PDA

View Full Version : New Mobius V Gel Coat ????

A Whitaker
08-23-2002, 01:00 AM
I just bought a 2002 Mobius V Viper Blue and on the blue there are some light spot (streaks) like when someone buffs car paint to long in one spot. Is this common and will it get lighter as time goes on. What to do and can I do something to repair it without having the decal removed and re-gel coated?
Ron at Aqua Marine in Indy is nice and just a great person to be around. I just like to take care of problems without jamming him and the company up.

Thank You
Alan Whitaker

08-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Alan,
No that doesn't sound normal. Have Ron take a look at it and if indeed it is a defect, he will get it fixed under warranty. Depending on exactly what the problem is, it may be as simple as wet sanding the area and then rebuffing it or it might require the decals to be removed and new gel coat applied to it. Either way, if it is a manufacturer defect, it should be covered under warranty.

Matt Brown
Moomba Product Manager

goose
08-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Alan,
No that doesn't sound normal. Have Ron take a look at it and if indeed it is a defect, he will get it fixed under warranty. Depending on exactly what the problem is, it may be as simple as wet sanding the area and then rebuffing it or it might require the decals to be removed and new gel coat applied to it. Either way, if it is a manufacturer defect, it should be covered under warranty.

Matt Brown
Moomba Product Manager

A Whitaker
08-25-2002, 11:08 PM
Ron looked at the boat at the time I picked it up and noticed the spot. He was more than willing to fix it. I was just going to see if there was anything I could do to repair it. I just hate to have to bother anyone if I can do it myself.
Thank You for the reply!

The new boat is SUPER and putting hours on it by the book went by quickly. My wife and I love every single thing about it!!
Thanks again another satisified Moomba owner.