PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Moomba Outback V

AcesWild
03-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Hello everyone.
I am looking into getting a boat. Originally I thought I was going to buy used just for the fact my price range is around $35k. Well I got a price sheet for a new Outback V and think it may work.
$34995 base +9065 options-3580 boat show incentives+1,100 freight+495 Dock, total $42,372

What would be a good price for this if I ordered one? Could I expect to get 10% off? The dealer also has a 08 Moomba Mobius LSV for about the same price. Any thoughts which would be a better boat?

Thanks!

Kidder
03-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello everyone.
I am looking into getting a boat. Originally I thought I was going to buy used just for the fact my price range is around $35k. Well I got a price sheet for a new Outback V and think it may work.
$34995 base +9065 options-3580 boat show incentives+1,100 freight+495 Dock, total $42,372

What would be a good price for this if I ordered one? Could I expect to get 10% off? The dealer also has a 08 Moomba Mobius LSV for about the same price. Any thoughts which would be a better boat?

Thanks!

What are you wanting to do with the boat? Is it going to be a dedicated wake boat or are you wanting to ski behind it, too? I think the Outback V may be one of the best crossover boats that would allow you to wakeboard, surf, and ski behind it. The wake for skiing won't be as good as the regular Outback but I think it would be a great compromise. If the Outback V would've been available when I bought my Mobius LS, I would've had a lot of thinking to do. If I were buying an Outback V I'd have the Gravity III and wakeplate as things I couldn't do without. With a wakeplate, you could fine tune the wake quite nicely, I'd think.

The LSV is bigger and if you're wanting a tad more room, you may want to go that route. It is more of a dedicated wake boat, IMO. Of course, surfing behind it would be great, too!

04OUTBACK
03-14-2009, 10:44 AM
you should be able to get a smoookin deal on the 08.

Kidder's question is important on what you want. LSV is 1.5 feet longer..
09 OBV is supposed to be a great boat..

AcesWild
03-14-2009, 11:29 AM
I like to do it all, wakeboard, surf and ski. I am thinking the size is not much a factor 20-21ft that is. Though a little bigger would be nice but then I will have to pay storage fees, not fitting in the garage. 42k to 35k, 18% off, will the dealer laugh at that?

jclay5
03-14-2009, 11:51 AM
From my own experience...the 2009 Outback V is worth ANY price it takes to put it behind your truck.

I just came in for a beer and saw this post.

I'm presently in front of my house, sitting in my 2009 Outback V, looking forward to tomorrow's run.

It's gonna be 87 with brilliant sun.

The 2008 LSV is a great boat too, especially if your just into wakeboarding and surfing, but the 2009 has all the latest bells and whistles and it meets the under 20 foot restrictions that some lakes have.

Beer before 11:00 on a Saturday? Sounds like your day is shaping up real nice...

Kidder
03-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I like to do it all, wakeboard, surf and ski. I am thinking the size is not much a factor 20-21ft that is. Though a little bigger would be nice but then I will have to pay storage fees, not fitting in the garage. 42k to 35k, 18% off, will the dealer laugh at that?

If you're serious at all about slalom skiing, I'd go for the Outback V with wakeplate and Gravity III (for wakeboarding and surfing). From what I've read, you're going to love the new V.

jester
03-14-2009, 07:53 PM
I would say go with the Outback V. I have an 08 OBV and love it. It is a great all around boat.