PDA

View Full Version : What is the Difference Between 2007 Outback LSV and Mobius LSV?

RobertJ
03-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know the difference between the 2007 Outback LSV and Mobius LSV? The 2007 boats had two LSV models along with the Outback V. I am wondering if it was just a package.

I am thinking about getting into a 2007 LSV (deposit on it tommorow). Problem is I don't know which one it is or if it even matters.

The boat I am looking at has
-Heater
-Bimmini
-Snap cover; cockpit and bow
-325 hp F.I. 185 hours
-Gravity 3
-Tower
-Tower Speakers
-Sub; 10"
-Swing Tongue
-Single Axle trailer; 5,500 pound axle
-Moomba Cruise
-Docking Lights
-Pop-up Cleats
-Board Racks
-Pop-up Bow light
-Bolster Seat
-Tower Mirror
-Wake Plate
-and a few others.

Razzman
03-14-2009, 08:59 AM
I've never seen an Outback LSV, only the Outback V where there's about a foot difference. More room over the V as well. I have an '07 Mobius LSV and mine is equipped like that as well , awesome boat!

Does anyone know the difference between the 2007 Outback LSV and Mobius LSV? The 2007 boats had two LSV models along with the Outback V. I am wondering if it was just a package.

I am thinking about getting into a 2007 LSV (deposit on it tommorow). Problem is I don't know which one it is or if it even matters.

The boat I am looking at has
-Heater
-Bimmini
-Snap cover; cockpit and bow
-325 hp F.I. 185 hours
-Gravity 3
-Tower
-Tower Speakers
-Sub; 10"
-Swing Tongue
-Single Axle trailer; 5,500 pound axle
-Moomba Cruise
-Docking Lights
-Pop-up Cleats
-Board Racks
-Pop-up Bow light
-Bolster Seat
-Tower Mirror
-Wake Plate
-and a few others.

04OUTBACK
03-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Robert,
Main difference in Outback LSV and Mob LSV was Outback LSV did not come standard with Tower or ballast. same hull, interior, etc.
it was just an option for someone wanting a 21'6" V Drive boat and might not want a tower or ballast. most I have seen did have tower/ballast..

JoeTechie on here has OB LSV with no tower..
Basically the Mobius package included wakeboarding needs and OB LSV did not .. they were standard..
That boat seems to be optioned great!
GET IT!

Cheers,
BW

JoeTechie
03-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Go figure - I skip out on this place for 4 months, and the first thread I read is about my boat and how I'm missed.

SUCH LOVE.

I think I am one of the few Outback LSV owners in the world. I do not use a tower so why buy one ? I have the '06 where it came without one and even showed in the catalog as without one. '07 it was an option, and '08 they just got rid of the model as confusing.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the boat.

Buy it Robert.

-Joe

p.s. - I'm BACK! :)

RobertJ
03-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Joe, Ed, Brad,

Thanks for the feedback. Stomach flu hit our house hard this weekend so my wife and youngest two were unable to go to Active Water Sports to look at the boat with me. I took my oldest son and we went over the boat pretty well. it is a nice boat. You can see it at www.aws-online.com/boats_preowned.php . Scroll down to the 2007 LSV and you can see some pictures. i am sure I missed something when I looked it over, I always get buyer's eyes and have trouble focusing through the excitement.

I left a deposit on it and need to review the total package with my wife and pray about it.

It had few tears in the Bimini (they said they will fix it) and was in really nice shape. 195 hours on it, and a single owner boat that bought it from AWS. The boat was originally purchased as a value point boat but the original owner did a lot of upgrades at the dealer. Gravity III ballast with 10X16X70 inch bags in the rear. Dual battery with switch, Rocksford 10" sub. Rocksford amp. 14.25"X14 4 blade prop. Green LED's throughout. Docking lights.

I will contact SC on Monday to make sure the upgrades in the '06 and newer LSV's were included in the value point boats. in '06 and newer I think they started using better carpet, foam and upholstry.

I am hoping my deal will work and I won't be backwards with the amount I need to finance. I will finance less then 26K since they are being very good on my trade-in. Of course I hope I never have to sell this one, and I cant think of a reason to ever need to upgrade.

It is deeper the my 2002 LSV and should handle our lakes a little better and not have to be as careful swamping the bow (but I still will drive smart).

There is also a great place for my grill right of the port bow handle.

P.S. As I was writing this my oldest was just hit by the bug. I had to take a break to help him out. He is in for a tough night, he had a $5 footlong, dorritos, and a half box of Mike and Ike's for dinner.

Good night, I am just starting the Count of Monte Cristo (good movie) and waiting for the next round of porcelin assistance for the sickees in my house. I am glad we have lots of beach towels for nights like this, they save the carpet.

04OUTBACK
03-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Nice..
Do you know how they did the transom protection? that looks real nice..

Hillbilly
03-17-2009, 03:02 AM
I have an 07 ob lsv. But I thought the dealer said something about a gray window frame and something else is what made it different.

Sled491
03-18-2009, 09:11 PM
In 07 they changed the carpet, interior vinyl and in some boats the interior arrangements. For example with the DD's they went to a full vinyl wrap on the clam and remmoved the small rear facing seat. They went to a different Drivers seat with a much improved bolster (IMHO). Bottom line is the 07 wether LS or LSV, Outback or Mobius, had many interior upgrades over the 06. I huge bone of contention with my buddy who bought the 06 while I waited and ordered the 07 :)