PDA

View Full Version : 750lbs Fly High Sacs

Hammer
03-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I upgraded from gravity 3 Ballast in transome to 750's in rear made a huge difference in surfing got a very nice curl on our LSV. All plumbing is the same plug and play didnt take that much longer to fill.I dont think they need to be full wakeboarding maybe to 400.
Anyone else have these bags ? still have the others probly want use them since we always have 8 or more usally.

Hammer
03-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Yea i dont know what to do with mine i guess i could get change for them for who ever needs extra sacs.I should have figured everyone upgraded by now sorry for the wasted thread.

04OUTBACK
03-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Hammer,
I have the 750s in my lsv.. if you fill them full for wakeboarding, you will need more more weight in the bow.. Some guys add 400-600 to the bow to run the 750s full .. I pulled a kid who could REALLY throw some tricks last summer and he wanted it sacked out.. we filled both 750s and he brought a sac that we put in the front walkway that was about 300 and still did not have enough weight in the front (along with the 400 center locker).

I actually use 400s in the rear for wakeboarding and switch to the 750 for surfing now.. but I rode fror 1 1/2 years with 750s just not full for wakeboarding..

Ian Brantford
03-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I upgraded my XLV's Gravity III to have 750's in the rear and 1000 center. I never fill the 750's past about 500 for wakeboarding because it's unbalanced. In fact, I plan to use one of the original 250's in the bow.

Hammer
03-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for all the input,thats what i wanted to here is what everyone else was doing.Trying to set my boat up more for surfing than wakeboarding but my 16 year old still likes to wakeboard he gets tired of that pretty quick then we surf for hours.

Anyone seen the new shredstixx comp 1 looks like a nice board. www.shredstixx.com . Im going to pull the trigger on one they have spring edition that is solid orange (it will match my boat).I have the jamako nice board fast.One of these days i can afford a custom walker project

Hammer
03-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Ed G That is sweet love it i've never seen that like the art work ! I went online to build mine it came out to be a GRAND thats alot for a board i guess i coud build one for 600.00 or 700.00 but i want it truley custom one of a kind.

jester
03-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Ed, That is a great looking board. Have to love the Moomba logo.

moombadaze
03-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Ed, did the black marks come off from the Atlanta jam?

mofierka
03-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Was thinking of upgrading to 750's in the rear myself and wanted to run them full. Is it possible to upgrade the sac in the ski locker? Because it seems like there isn't any more room in there for a bigger bag. Just wondering if it's been done.

tailgate
03-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Ive heard this setup works well, but have yet to try it, but will this spring

both 750s full, center 400 full, original rear 400 full in walkway in bow, and the other original rear 400 on top of that forward in the bow.

04OUTBACK
03-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Mofierka,
I don't know of any bags that are bigger and fit in the ski locker.. does not seem to be any space when mine is full.
Couple of options... tailgates description above, or an integrated bow sac under the front seats. You could add a 4th valve to your ballast system and an additional drain pump and make that work. There are a couple of posts on this topic on here.. search gravity iv or 4 .
I am content with 1200 lbs in mine. I don't enjoy driving my boat over loaded.. but I am not pulling any inverts or many tricks at all for that matter..

I am just a 38 yr old that enjoys riding.. gettin a little air and gettin out in the sun/water.. No style, steeze or special stuff in my riding! HA HA

If you run 1500 in the rear, you'll need at least 1000 in the front to balance it out.. I ran 1500 in rear, center locker full and 300 on top of center locker once last year and still porpoised a little.. of course, you could load the bow with boat bun and that might help, but you'll need at least 4 of those..

Hillbilly
03-21-2009, 12:37 AM
I run the triangle sac that sits on top of my seats. Says it is 1k but I'm not sure? I'm thinking about putting the 750's in the back. I run stock plus 540 in lead dispersed under the rear sacs and a 750 in front of the rear seat about 3/4 full.
My thinking is if I run the 750's in the lockers I can do away with the lead and sac in front of the rear seat.
I have to be careful about swamping it but where I ride it is usually not too big of a problem.

csmsk
03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Hillbilly, where do you ride?

meech
03-21-2009, 06:38 PM
hey hammer,
looking to upgrade ... i have an '07 lsv ... not sure where to find the best price on the sac's ... i came across these from wakeside.com ..

http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat/ballast/ballast_bags/fly+high+pro+x+series+fat+sac.do

also, is it just a simple swap out using the existing hardware, etc.? any info would be great- thanks

I upgraded from gravity 3 Ballast in transome to 750's in rear made a huge difference in surfing got a very nice curl on our LSV. All plumbing is the same plug and play didnt take that much longer to fill.I dont think they need to be full wakeboarding maybe to 400.
Anyone else have these bags ? still have the others probly want use them since we always have 8 or more usally.

Hillbilly
03-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Sac river. I live in Woodland so if I ride with friends from Sac then I ride under the I-5 bridge by the airport. But I also head north when I have people that know the river up where it gets kinda sketchy. I rode the deep water channel out of Buckle's Marina quite a bit this winter, It's the half way point between me and some friends from the Waterford/Turlock area.

04OUTBACK
03-21-2009, 11:51 PM
meech, you'll need quick disconnects for fill/empty as the sac's come with standard fittings. once you put in the quick disconnects, they are plug and play.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-22-2009, 12:11 AM
I took my boat down to the shop to get it ready for the summer. While it's there they are putting in the 750 sacs in as well. I'm also getting a sac for the walkway in the bow. I had to get a pump for it, but it's all good. I'm thinking that if I end up needing more weight in the front then I'll just put one of the stock 400's up there in the seat as well. I don't think I'll need it for awhile, but it's an idea if I come to need more weight. All this just to wakesurf! But I hear it's a blast and I'm really looking forward to it. I want to get my Dad into wakesurfing. He doesn't do any kind of ski stuff. He likes to be on the tube, but at his age he doesn't like to come flying off. I think the nice slow speed of wakesurfing will be something he likes. What do y'all think?

03-22-2009, 01:28 AM
I have an 08 XLV with 1150 lbs up front and I just bought the 750's for the rear (Total-2650). I know it will be better for surfing but I'm not sure how well it will work for wakeboarding, anyone know if this will need more weight up front? I don't really want sacks in the boat so I will probably just fill them to the point where the wake looks the best at 23mph.

wakerookie
04-02-2009, 12:06 AM
I run the 400 up front. A 750 pound sac in the left locker and another 750 sac about 3/4s full on top of that. I get a huge wave with a nice curl.