PDA

View Full Version : Close to Pulling the Trigger Again

RobertJ
03-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Once again I am close to pulling the trigger on a newer boat. This will be the fourth boat in 6 years. I can work this deal I hope this is the one to get us through the kids leaving home (6 years for the oldest and 13 for the youngest with one in the middle). Our first boat was a nice 17'6" Reinell, followed by a 20'6" Reinell, then our current 2002 Moomba LSV purchased at the end of July 2008. Today I am ready to pick up a 2007 LSV with 185 hours. Our current boat is in great mechanical shape with 480 hours. It needs some mods, ballast, covers, bimini, swing tongue, heater and a few others. The new boat has all of the mods I am looking for and is available for a great price and it still has engine warranty.

I really like the extra depth of the newer LSV's (similar to our old runabouts). I also like the fact that I won't need to spend a lot of time and money upgrading a 2002 boat that I might not see the return on.

Those of you that went from the old LSV to the newer one any feedback for me. I do like our current LSV quite a bit and if the deal falls through I won't be that sad, I just won't have much time.

Reese350
03-13-2009, 07:06 AM
I haven't had the older LSV hull but we have the 06 LSV now, which is the new hull. It is great, I think you will love it. Tons of room and puts out a great wake. The only thing we are disappointed about is the overall heigth in the water. With the tower down, we can no longer get under the bridge on our lake to get to the other lakes. We're thinking of selling and going to an Outback V. Other than that, we couldn't be happier with the new LSV.

moombadaze
03-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Robert, I had a 03 lsv and now have a 08 lsv-get it if you can, this new lsv is the best boat i have owned-think this could be the 15th? boat now. I dont have one negative thing to say about it-but then i had not one thing to say bad about my 03 either.

Reese, how about filling some ballast bags to get the boat sitting lower in the water to get under the bridge.

yearround
03-13-2009, 10:32 AM
i wish we had lakes close enough to boat to, even if in my canoe!

we have an 08 LSV, before that we had an 18' searay, huge change, will never go back.

Reese350
03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
We have the Gravity I ballast. We've never tried it but I don't think the ~400 lbs would make enough difference. Sounds like a great excuse to add some bags to the back. :)

jester
03-13-2009, 10:14 PM
The 400lbs do make a differance. You can see the change in the wake from it being empity to full.

moombadaze
03-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Reese, how close are you to making it under the bridge?

Reese350
03-14-2009, 03:39 PM
We haven't checked since the first day we put it in but I think we were a good 5-6". Even with the tower folded back, the hinge point sticks above the windshield by a few inches and that's what causes the problem. We've just gotten used to being a 1 lake family but the pizza joint is on the other side of the bridge. One bright side, I've lost some weight because of it.

KT Mobius
03-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Robert,

Did you end up getting the 07 LSV?

RobertJ
03-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Kelly, I am very close. I gave them a deposit yesterday. Did you look at this boat when you were looking or were set on getting a new one from the start. They did sell another '08 LSV yesterday. It was a Sandstone on White model.

If you looked at this boat any feedback you could give me would be great. I think I had "buyers eyes" yesterday and I might have missed something.

KT Mobius
03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, we looked at it, but didnt demo it. Sweet boat, maybe we can rename our street to Mobius Ave.