PDA

View Full Version : Heater question

jasonba1
03-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I have a 92 comp with a 3 outlet heater that is leaking (heater core) is bad. I have heard several people say go to the autoparts store and match it up and its a lot cheaper. If anyone has done this do they know what heater core they used(meaning car make and model) to make it easier. I know skidim and and local supra/moomba dealer carry them but to me it seems very high.

Thanks in advance for all of the info

zabooda
03-12-2009, 06:51 PM
It's not cheaper and maybe the same price and good luck finding the size that will fit in the slot. Call Heatercraft if that is the brand you have and have them send you one but they still seem to be expensive.

aintskeered
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Have you checked with a radiator shop in your area? They do repairs and even new caps(ends) for pretty cheap around here? Depending on where the damage is, Its pretty impressive what our local shop can repair? Havent taken them the heater out of our boat but saved me lots on other heater cores and radiators!

zabooda
03-13-2009, 03:58 AM
I replaced mine and it had a leak somewhere midway up so it couldn't be fixed. I took the dimensions and did a search and auto heater cores that would fit were just as much as going to the manufactorer. If we didn't have cool nights I would have capped it off right then.

jasonba1
03-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks for everyone's suggestions I will defintly try a radiatior shop out before ordering a new one. Thanks again everyone if there is other's out there with a suggestions let me know.

Jason