PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy "SeaDek" Swim Platform Pad

RobertJ
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Guys, I contacted Chuck from SeaDek and he is offering a group buy on any Moomba swim platform pad from the SeaDek website.

The group buy does not have to be the same color combinations or even the same graphics. We do need to get 8 or more people to order together (he prefers at least 10 but will work with 8) and place or order with SeaDek. For the group buy we will get a 20% discount off the online price. This is a good deal on a great product and it will enhance you boat. So far the following people have said they want to be in on the buy (list is from the Martha Magic thread).

robertj
jclay
mcdye
meech
04outback

Once we get at least three more we will need to each place our orders with Seadek and mention the group buy from the Moomba site. Chuck will hold our orders until he gets at least 8 and then he will contact us.

I have also heard that Martha would like to get one but she has to ask Ed for permission

wolfeman131
03-09-2009, 04:08 PM
RobertJ,

Nice work! Just to be clear, all we need are 8 of us total and we can individually pick any of the 3 Moomba designs? In other words, 4 could get the 'roo, 2 the 1 piece and 2 the 3 piece?

I'm in if I can pick my pad design and colors.

mcdye
03-09-2009, 04:16 PM
SWEET! I just emailed Chuck for a sample..

meech
03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
right on ... just let me know when we need to order !

RobertJ
03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Wolfeman131, you are right, as long as we get at least 8 people that order one of the 3 designs off the Moomba page we are good. All eight can be different colors and designs, but they must all come from the Moomba page in the first post.

I hope I can count you in as number 6, we only need two more.

moombadaze
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Robert, how soon do you need a answer? on this group buy

RobertJ
03-09-2009, 07:56 PM
'Daze, We don't have a timeline yet just tryng to get at least 8 people. Chuck, SeaDek, will pool the orders until we get at least 8, I am padless right now and so I would like to get mine before the middle of April if not sooner. As the weather gets better the guys will most likely want to get their new pads and put them on so the sooner we can do it the better.

I hope you can join us, and make it seven on the list.

Martha, any luck with ED? The factory pad has to make you look and feel horrible, keep workin him.

wolfeman131
03-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I hope I can count you in as number 6, we only need two more.

I be #6 then!

04OUTBACK
03-09-2009, 10:26 PM
sweet.. since I gotta pay some heavy taxes, maybe Barry Obama will pick the tab up on mine.. but I am in..

I guess, I can charge it on a credit card.. not pay and get bailed out..

Great work Robert!

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 08:34 AM
How can i see the different colors?

wolfeman131
03-10-2009, 08:40 AM
How can i see the different colors?

colors are off to the right. If you're in Daze, let's see if we can talk Chuck into a darker blue to mathc our boats. I'd like a blue pad with balck Moomba, but don't like the stock blue colors. If I can't get a different blue, I go with some combo of the black & gray(s)

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
If the color says cool gray over black--would that mean the roo would be black?

wolfeman131
03-10-2009, 10:01 AM
I think that's right but would call directly to confirm. Also, I think we would be able to choose any color combo we want.

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I may give him a call and see if he can do a transom protector also.

mcdye
03-10-2009, 10:31 AM
I may give him a call and see if he can do a transom protector also.

Good Idea!

Razzman
03-10-2009, 11:10 AM
If the color says cool gray over black--would that mean the roo would be black?

That's correct 'daze, mine is cool gray over black.

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=570&d=1215461942

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Razz, thanks for the photo, im wondering if they can make a transom protector across the back with cutouts for the rear eyes and say moomba like yours does--i need to call about it.

meech
03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Razz, will you post that photo? i'd like to check it out too- thx

That's correct 'daze, mine is cool gray over black.

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=570&d=1215461942

wolfeman131
03-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Razz, that looks great with your boat!

Any opinions out there about what color combo would look good on the Brittany Blue boats that Daze and I have?

I was thinking same as Razz's or the reverse - black w/ Moomba in one of the grey colors

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Just got of the phone with chuck-he sounds very upbeat about doing a transom protector, I am going to send him a pattern of the back of my 08 lsv so they can use that. :)

kaneboats
03-10-2009, 01:52 PM
That's a great idea. Then they'll all be right on.

Razzman
03-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Guys, my experiences with this after a season are this, stay with a lighter color on top if you live where it gets real hot in the summer! Otherwise you can go black on top but remember even milder summers will still make it hot.

Storm Gray looks real nice with the blue colored boats btw, i've seen it and it's a bit of a cross between the cool gray and black. On Seadek's site check out the blog link and you'll see all kinds of combos.

sandm
03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
i'd be into a transom protector. have thought about this for some time. I have 2 or 3 small scuffs in the gelcoat from the surfboard flying out from under someone as they get too close to the boat..
let us know what you find out and a cost...

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I will make a second set of paterns just to see how it fits the 02-08 lsv/outback v's and the 09 outback v as i will be seeing friends shortly who have those boats.

eseebeck
03-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Where do I look at this sea deck stuff, is it a replacement for the black non skid material that is on my platform that discolors my seats.

If Barry is helping out with taxes and perhaps a bailout, i might be interested. Heck, how many weeks will it take to pay for a new seadeck using my $13 per week stimulus.

Ernie

wolfeman131
03-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Daze,

Would you be OK with a transom protector that was the same width as the swim platform vs the whole stern? I think the platforms are all the same width and that way Chuck only has to make a single pattern/width and maybe we could get more people to buy which normally translates into a lower cost per unit.

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Daze,

Would you be OK with a transom protector that was the same width as the swim platform vs the whole stern? I think the platforms are all the same width and that way Chuck only has to make a single pattern/width and maybe we could get more people to buy which normally translates into a lower cost per unit.

Yes, thats what i was pictureing in my mind.-width of the swim platform. We talked about haveing "Moomba" inlaid in the center.

Razzman
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Let me clarify something for you guys, there's no inlay unless they've totally altered their process. Your designs are actually "routed" out of the top color panel via a robotic router which exposes the bottom panel which gives you your color.

Razzman
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes it replaces your old platform cover and it will not discolor anything and it's a lot more cushy.

Where do I look at this sea deck stuff, is it a replacement for the black non skid material that is on my platform that discolors my seats.

If Barry is helping out with taxes and perhaps a bailout, i might be interested. Heck, how many weeks will it take to pay for a new seadeck using my $13 per week stimulus.

Ernie

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Let me clarify something for you guys, there's no inlay unless they've totally altered their process. Your designs are actually "routed" out of the top color panel via a robotic router which exposes the bottom panel which gives you your color.

Thanks Razz-"routed" is what i ment.

chillyx
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Are there any pictures of the transom protector?

Sled491
03-11-2009, 09:24 PM
I love my Seadek pad, it is the bomb. I will stop those nasty black footprints from invading your boats interior.

I would love a transom protector with a Moomba routed in. BTW I have the Roo pattern and it is the bomb! But you guys know me I'm a Roo guy all the way! Long Live the Roo.

I still have to make a pattern for my bow for Chuck to get some of that fake teak pattern pad for my naked bow floor, I think that's gonna be the bomb! Heck I should just send my boat to Chuck for a full make over:)

meech
03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
is it the bomb? :)

I love my Seadek pad, it is the bomb. I will stop those nasty black footprints from invading your boats interior.

I would love a transom protector with a Moomba routed in. BTW I have the Roo pattern and it is the bomb! But you guys know me I'm a Roo guy all the way! Long Live the Roo.

I still have to make a pattern for my bow for Chuck to get some of that fake teak pattern pad for my naked bow floor, I think that's gonna be the bomb! Heck I should just send my boat to Chuck for a full make over:)

Sled491
03-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh yeah!!

Every ones a critic:)

Scottys
03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm possilby interested in replacing the stock non-skid 3-piece mat on my Outback swim platform. How do you remove the stock mats? how durable if the SeDek product?

Sled491
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
In our climate removing them is a bit of work, but nothing a pair of vise grips, scraper and rubbing alcohol and a heat gun can't fix.

I think they are very good and a huge improvement over stock both for looks, and comfort. As I have had no wear issues with either I think the 1st rule out.

Scottys
03-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm in. I believe that I need to call Chuck, Let him know that I'm part of the group form the Moomba website forum and get my name on the list. Is that correct? Am I #7?

Sled,
What was your technique to remove the stock mat?

Razzman
03-13-2009, 09:24 AM
To remove the stock mats you'll first need an assistant! Using a heat gun carefully heat a small area at a time and pull back on the mat until you get it all, that's it and there's no other way that i know of. After that i sprayed WD-40 over the entire platform and let it "soak" the adhesive off. Using a very stiff plastic scraper remove the glue. Keep doing this until all gone. I then used a scotchbrite pad to rough up the surface and used alcohol to finish off. Apply your pad.

Scottys
03-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Ed & Razzman, thanks for the info. I've got a call into Chuck to get on the list, left a voice message and awaiting a returned call.

wolfeman131
03-13-2009, 07:50 PM
RobertJ

How many we up to? I'm getting ready to drop the boat in next weekend! :)

RobertJ
03-13-2009, 09:15 PM
By my count we are at 8 and we should be good to go. I am getting ready to buy a different boat that has a good pad on it but I won't let the group down.

I will call Chuck on Monday to make sure things are okay. I would recommend that your give him a call as well. I think some of the others guys are planning too or already have called him.

P.S. I am still going to be a Moomba guy, just a newer one, 2007

Sled491
03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Scotty, every one covered you question I see. The only thing I'll add is that in our climate the glue is a little less likely to just give it up for you. Especially this time of year. I pulled samll pcs and then cut them off so that I was never trying to pull a whole cold rigid mat at once. I you do this project in the middle of summer I'm sure it will go differntly.

Scottys
03-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Sled,
I hope to go up to our cabin mid-April and open it up fo rthe summer. We keep the boat in the shed there. I plan on bringing the platform home and working on it in my basement workshop.
Thanks again for the help I'm looking forward to the new look.
My wife and I agree with you - long live the roo!!!

Sled491
03-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Scotty, I had a feeling you were in the fraternity.

The basement plan is the way to go. Although with the dec attatched to the boat you can put some serious muscle into the pulling off part. Not much chance your going to yank a 3000lb boat around with a pair of vise grips and a hair dryer, :)

chillyx
03-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Does anyone have any experience with dogs and SeaDek? Just wondering how they hold up. Also are there any pics or prices for the transom protector? I'm still trying to get "authorization" for a new boat purchase. Thanks

PS any thought on whether or not this would be useful in removing old pad? Hot decal remover

meech
03-16-2009, 11:23 AM
the number i have for chuck just keeps ringing busy ???

Smrtz
03-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey I want in on this too!!!

meech
03-16-2009, 11:43 AM
just got off the line with chuck (great guy) ... i gave him all my info, etc ... he mentioned that he was going to wait until friday to get everyone's info and then send the entire order over to production ... can't wait !

the number i have for chuck just keeps ringing busy ???

Smrtz
03-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Let me know what info is needed where to send!!
Also is tehre a colour pallet that shows the different colour choices?

chillyx
03-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I took this off the seadek blog site. Anyone interested in getting this color added to the options? I'm thinking storm gray over this blue. any thoughts?

wolfeman131
03-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I took this off the seadek blog site. Anyone interested in getting this color added to the options? I'm thinking storm gray over this blue. any thoughts?

That looks closer to the brittany blue that I'd like to go with my boat vs the blues that are part of the stock pallet. Daze may want to go with this too.

Did you ask if we could get this color?

moombadaze
03-16-2009, 01:00 PM
I would hate to get that and then have the blue's be off by just a little as that would drive me nuts. So its cool gray over black for me with the ROO:)

meech
03-16-2009, 01:08 PM
hey smrtz,
just call chuck ... he will need to know which product you want, color, credit card number, etc ...

i went with the storm gray over black ...

Let me know what info is needed where to send!!
Also is tehre a colour pallet that shows the different colour choices?

Scottys
03-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey guys just a bit confused. I also taked to Chuck earlier today. He did not want to take my order until RobertJ gets him the list of group buyers. This is how he laid out the plan to me.

RobertJ is coordinating the group purchase. I'm to contact Robert and tell him I'm in. Which I did through a PM earlier today. Once Robert has the group names together he'll forward them to Chuck and let us know he has done so. Then each of us needs to contact Chuck with the specifics of our individule orders.
Once that has been done he'll process all the orders through manufacturing at the same time. That is how we're getting the group discount.

Meech-sounds like Chuck took your order today, is that correct?
Robert - have I missed the opportunity to get in on the group buy?
Have I misunderstood the plan?

moombadaze
03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I called Chuck around lunch time today and placed my order-i did ask if i was the 8th person but he said i was like the 4th for the group buy. He also stated he was waiting till thursday or friday to send the order over to production.

Call and place your order.

ROO rocks

RobertJ
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Guy's sorry for any confusion on the group buy. It is still open and available to anyone that wants to join.

I spoke with Chuck today and he told me he had taken 3 orders already. I will give him a list of the rest of the guys in the group tomorrow.

The one thing that is a challange is that most of your profiles don't give your name so when I for example tell him that Meech is a part of the group he won't know your real name so make sure you tell him your site name as well.

Sled491
03-16-2009, 06:45 PM
What's the status of the transome protector idea?

RobertJ
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Here is the list as I see it right know. If you wish to be added/deleted let me know. Chuck is giving us until Friday to get the order together as a group.

1. robertj
2. jclay
3. mcdye
4. meech
5. 04outback
6. wolfeman131
7. scottys
8. smrtz

The following guys I am unsure of, so let me know
9. moombadaze
10. eseebeck

If you have already contacted Chuck at SeaDek let me know. If you want to be a part of this group buy and you are not on the list come on board. SeaDek has a great product and is offering 20% off for the group buy. If you go through the posts you can see some examples of the products offered and read some testimonials from fellow owners.

moombadaze
03-16-2009, 07:06 PM
What's the status of the transome protector idea?

in process-pictures sent and they are working on it

Sled491
03-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Cool Daze, keep us posted.

jclay5
03-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Count me out.. I'm sorry they are just a tad bit more than I had originally thought they were and I have GOT to buy a new cover before I do a swim pad. The cover runs probably around 5-600 dollars. I hope I didn't screw anything up.

meech
03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
hey scottys,
yes, that's correct ... chuck mentioned the same thing to me earlier, but he decided to take my order today cause he would of needed to take it sooner or later ... there was no reason for me to contact robertj and then turn around and call chuck back to place the order ... if that makes any sense ...

Hey guys just a bit confused. I also taked to Chuck earlier today. He did not want to take my order until RobertJ gets him the list of group buyers. This is how he laid out the plan to me.

RobertJ is coordinating the group purchase. I'm to contact Robert and tell him I'm in. Which I did through a PM earlier today. Once Robert has the group names together he'll forward them to Chuck and let us know he has done so. Then each of us needs to contact Chuck with the specifics of our individule orders.
Once that has been done he'll process all the orders through manufacturing at the same time. That is how we're getting the group discount.

Meech-sounds like Chuck took your order today, is that correct?
Robert - have I missed the opportunity to get in on the group buy?
Have I misunderstood the plan?

Scottys
03-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Meech,
Makes sense to me.
Robert,
You posted that you will contact Chuck tomorrow with additional names. I'll wait until Wednesday and contact Chuck to place my order with him.
If your plan changes now that I see that jclay5 is out, let me know if I should wait longer than Wednesday.
Thanks for handling this for all of us!

mcdye
03-17-2009, 08:19 AM
I am ready to contact Chuck to make the arrangments do I just call him and tell part of the group buy? I see a timeline of buying by Wed?

Smrtz
03-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Ill be giving him a ring to order mine tomorrow

Cheers

04OUTBACK
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll try to call Thursday. I am on the road for a couple of days..

Scottys
03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Talked to Chuck today and ordered my new Roo mat - YEA! Sounded like they will be in production next week so contact him quickly if you're going to be placing an order.
As far as the transom protector goes he said that once they have it ready they will be sending out a mass e-mail to all who have provided an address to them when they placed their order.

RobertJ
03-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Here is the list as I see it right know. If you wish to be added/deleted let me know. Chuck is giving us until Friday to get the order together as a group.

1. robertj
2. jclay
3. mcdye
4. meech
5. 04outback
6. wolfeman131
7. scottys
8. smrtz

The following guys I am unsure of, so let me know
9. moombadaze
10. eseebeck

If you have already contacted Chuck at SeaDek let me know. If you want to be a part of this group buy and you are not on the list come on board. SeaDek has a great product and is offering 20% off for the group buy. If you go through the posts you can see some examples of the products offered and read some testimonials from fellow owners.

Gentlemen, I spoke with Chuck today and He sent me a list of names of the people that have placed their orders. So far the following six people have placed orders.

Steve
Stacy
Mitch
Chuck
Brad
Scott

If your indicated you wanted to be in on the buy and your name is not on the list above please get a hold of Chuck or myself right away. Chuck is looking to move the group buy into production on Monday. I am unsure of what will happen if we don't get the full 8 people, but Chuck is a fair guy and I think he will work with us. I will be placing my order shortly. I have been holding off to see if we could get the 8 without me since I am buying a new/used '07 LSV that has a good pad on it (although not as good as a SeaDek). I will still place my order if needed since I started this group buy and I don't want to screw you guys or Chuck.

meech
03-20-2009, 04:41 PM
thanks for the update robertj ... there has to be 2 more takers on here ... step it up gang ... :)

RobertJ
03-20-2009, 05:02 PM
I will talk to Chuck first thing Monday morning. I make number seven so we are just looking for the 8th man or Martha. As I said, if we don't get the 8th I am sure we can work something out with Chuck. He has been great to work with and I don't want to leave him hangin.

wolfeman131
03-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Placed my order late this afternoon w/ Chuck

wolfeman131 = Drew Wolfe

RobertJ
03-21-2009, 02:40 AM
So sweet, and Wolfe makes 8.

meech
03-23-2009, 11:26 AM
fyi ... i received an email from chuck this morning confirming my order and that orders will go out this afternoon ...

wolfeman131
03-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, got mine too! Can't wait to get the new pad installed. While I was cleaning the boat this weekend, my girls (ages 7 & 9) were playing in the boat, imagine that, and hopped back on the black pad with bare feet. Screams followed. Obviously, they were excited to hear i've got a new, cool pad on the way.

RobertJ
03-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Mine is ordered and confirmed as well.

It looks like it was a tie 4 Roo's and 4 Moomba logo's.

We did get 8 orders in to Chuck, great job guys. I now have my first project for my new boat.

04OUTBACK
03-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Since you got the 8, I gotta back out. A little tough right now.. med bills and taxes. Thanks Barry OBama.

RobertJ
03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Martha, you are such a bad girl. I knew you could get Ed to spring for a new pad. You will look so much better and you will probably make a better surf wake not to mention better fuel economy.

Ed, you are the man.

jason1969
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
RobertJ.

Is it too late to get in on the deal?

Thanks

RobertJ
03-27-2009, 12:28 PM
No it is not, give Chuck a call.

wolfeman131
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
I received an email from Chuck yesterday that my pad was shipped via UPS yesterday!

No install for a few weeks, but will be sure to post pics when I do.

jason1969
03-27-2009, 01:42 PM
RobertJ.

Talked to Chuck today. Should have it in about 10 days. Thanks for the effort in putting this deal together.

Jason

mobyatBelews
03-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Robert

Thanks again for setting this up. I spoke with Chuck this AM. He will be making a Roo for my '05. Sure won't miss the black marks.

Scottys
03-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Yea, thanks Robert for putting this together, appreciate the efforts. Got an e-mail earlier today, the "Roo" is on it's way.

Sled491
03-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Scottys, too bad were not gonna get out sunday now, you would be able to check out the finished product on my boat.

Sled491
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Sure and even have pics to post, but as we were supposed to hook up for a ski tomorrow I thought a up close and personal look would be better.

Sled491
03-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Soon Grasshopper, Soon.

Scottys
03-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Hey Sled,
The "Roo" looks great. Can't wait to get my platform covered with the new pad. Might need some help, interested?

Sled491
03-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Just let me know.

moombadaze
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
had a knock on the front door 5 minutes ago and the ROO dude is here.
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/DSC00504.jpg

just sitting
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/DSC00505.jpg

RobertJ
03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Daze, That is so cool. I don't think Mr. Brown (UPS) will be knocking on my door until the end of the week. I can't wait to put mine on. I told the wife I would wait until next winter to do it since we just bought our new '07 LSV. She was really excited about getting the '07 because it was turn key, no projects needed, unlike my '02 LSV. I think she knows I won't be able to wait.

I am glad the group buy worked out well for everyone involved.

RobertJ
03-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Ed, I had to use every angle I could to get the new boat. Just kidding, my wife is a huge support and loves the new boat, she is a little embarassed that we only had the last one for 8 months. The opportunity for us to get into the '07 LSV was perfect so we jumped on it. Of course I must keep my list of mods hidden for awhile, but she likes the swivel seat mod so that is next.

I will put the pad on right away so that we won't get the dreaded black marks on the nice new upholsty on the new Grillobius (smart thinking, and well documented on the site). She has already signed on for putting it on as soon as we get it so we don't ruin the new upholstry. She also thinks getting some extra for step points, like on top of the gunnels, is a good idea.

Before long my whole boat will be SeaDek'ed out. I hope grill drippings won't stain the SeaDek. (LOL)

moombadaze
03-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Robert, thanks making the group buy happen-this was a first for me. I had forgotten how soft this pad is.

Im thinking about trying to reuse the old pad as a gunnel step pad.

Ed. no transom pad yet, i also requested that it be black-figured it would look better on the transom.

meech
03-31-2009, 01:58 PM
hey moombadaze,
i'm interested in the transom pad too ... keep me posted .. perhaps we can get a group buy on this too ... :)

Robert, thanks making the group buy happen-this was a first for me. I had forgotten how soft this pad is.

Im thinking about trying to reuse the old pad as a gunnel step pad.

Ed. no transom pad yet, i also requested that it be black-figured it would look better on the transom.

KT Mobius
03-31-2009, 02:51 PM
I would be in for a transom pad

jmvotto
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
i wanna seee pics, anybody get a black pad?

wolfeman131
03-31-2009, 05:00 PM
YEAH! Found the UPS guy left me somethin' yesterday

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Moomba/IMG00089-20090331-1700.jpg

buzcoats
04-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Hope I'm not too late for the group buy. I need one bad. Should I just call? Thanks.

Buddy

RobertJ
04-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Give Chuck a call at SeaDek and I am sure he will work with you.

buzcoats
04-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Gave him a call and mine should be here anytime. Thanks.

XLV3BAGR
04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey guys I have a teak deck, dont think I like it(still awaiting boat arrival)I like the looks of the glass decks. Would it be possible to cover it with seadeck and a piece around the edge too?

Sled491
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM
No that woun't work, and would be a sin! :) Best is to post the teak one for sale on the boards here or for trade and either order a glass one (make sure you get the Seadek pad asap) or try to make the trade

XLV3BAGR
04-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Ya thats what I figured:) They must be special since they are an option, maybe Ill give it a try

cfdrews12
04-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Count me in. I've been mad every summer when the black feet from the "stock" platform climb over my blue/white deck pads into the boat and leave all the black marks. 20% off the $220 would be a great buy and better than the "gator grip" I was going to have to cut and replace it with by myself.

Just give me the details when and where to buy or call to order.

thanks.

RobertJ
04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
CFD,

This is an older post but give Chuck a call at SeaDek. He might still be willing to work you in.

Scottys
05-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Well here it is! I finally got up north to get the boat ready for the summer and was able to put the new pad on the swim platform. We really like the look. I hope it holds up to the use and abuse.

moombadaze
05-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Scottys, that 3 piece looks tight with the ROO.:D

deerfield
05-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Scottys - I like that! - Deerfield

mmandley
05-04-2009, 04:30 AM
WOW wish i would have gotten into this site sooner LOL. I am worried now about my Deck pad..its the factory black but its new and isn't leaving black tracks yet..but im a stickler for my interior..i wax my boat Once a month right now and clean the outside every time its in the water, clean and condition the interior every 2 weeks and stuff. I even waxed all the fiberglass in the boat to protect it too LOL.

Ive only had my boat for like 2 month mind you. I am goign to check this deck pad out just because i like the custom look it gives and i dont want black marks on my coffee colors. Also im interested in this Transom pad or cover.

i want to get into wake surfing too and i would just hate to see chips in my gel coat from a board thrashing my ass end..

Sled491
05-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Scotty's I've never seen the 3 pc I really like it. Color match looks great. Got my boat on the lift this weekend. Ready for a ski this weekend?

mmandley
05-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I dont recall seeing Chucks number on this posting..How do i get ahold of him? I would like to go ahead and order the swim deck cover even though i dont need it as of yet. I like to be prepared.

mmandley
05-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks i emailed him ill see what he says. Ill let ya knwo if the discount still is available or not.

Scottys
05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Scotty's I've never seen the 3 pc I really like it. Color match looks great. Got my boat on the lift this weekend. Ready for a ski this weekend?

Sled, trying to free up my Saturday afternoon. If i can, does that work for you?
Sunday I'm tied up with Mother's Day activities.

Sled491
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Yep, I'll be at the lake all day so if you can make we can go for a pull. Now where's that Deerfield to fill up the roster?

Smrtz
05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey guys..
My appologies for not being able to follow up and get that pad ordered wit hthe last group buy. I was in the midst of getting a new wetsounds system installed that got more and more expensive...(pics to follow) I just spoke with Chuck and he says he has had at least four calls in the last few days asking about the pricing and if we can still get the group buy pricing.

The answer is Yes we can still get the pricing however each order to get the full discount requires a min of 8 people ordering.

If you guys can let me know who is interested we can get these things ordered up.

Cheers!
Jay

mmandley
05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
On the bottom of this page is my new post about reordering a new Sea Dek cover with group buy.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7887

Lets give it a couple weeks because Ed says hes working on another design we might like. I am diffidently in to buy one i just want to see the new design.

Sorry i don't know how to make it a Hyper link. =(

meech
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
finally posting a pic ...

mmandley
05-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Nice Meech. My GF was once again skeptical if we need to buy a new swim deck cover as our boat is so new and yesterday after she finally got in the water and had to climb on it several times she said my knees are sore. I told her the new deck cover i want is much softer. She replied then order that dam thing and lets do it LOL.

Razzman
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
That is exactly how all of this with Seadek got started over a year ago now! We got our new LSV in March of last year and the first time out my wife said "this doesn't cut it for me or your grandsons" and then aptly said "find a solution"! I never said a word just started looking until i found SeaDek and Chuck Yates, the rest is history now obviously.

So after a year and on the second season it's holding up admiring well, it's a joy to sit on the platform and hang out and the grandsons can get up on so much easier now without skining knees (adults too!). We couldn't be happier with it and i'm real glad to have found it and and shared it with the Moomba family. Ed's been a great advocate and took it a step farther, then again Ed has a passion that borders on eccentric i think! :p

Anyway i'm glad i found them and glad it took off. :D

meech
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
haha, that's great ...
my boat is brand new too and just "had" to get one ... :)

Nice Meech. My GF was once again skeptical if we need to buy a new swim deck cover as our boat is so new and yesterday after she finally got in the water and had to climb on it several times she said my knees are sore. I told her the new deck cover i want is much softer. She replied then order that dam thing and lets do it LOL.

mmandley
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Yea i have been wondering that myself. Odly enough yesterday after putting the deck on the boat before we left the house i grabbed the center on the side area and about 2 inches pulled up off it. The glue eighter was thing there or just the residual heat is making it loosen up. The deck was in the garage all week and on the porch for maybe an hour while i hooked up and pulled her out of the garage and set her up.

Sled491
05-19-2009, 07:58 PM
well I guess that settles it then :) time for a new Sea Dek pad. Don't forget chuck has that new teak looking material now as well. My next seadek pad will be that.

mmandley
05-19-2009, 08:32 PM
OK Sled did you want me to add you to the group buy list then? You'd be # 7 and we only need 1 more then.

Sled491
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Sea Dek pad I already have, new boat I don't:)

mmandley
05-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Ohh i got cha lol

ok so we still need 2 more people