PDA

View Full Version : Sound Install question--probably revisited

jjolson
03-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Gonna complete the sound install in a couple of weeks and have a few questions. Basically, I am installing an clarion ESQ746 on the drivers side in order to run the tower speakers independently of the other speakers in the boat including the sub. Therefore, I need to run 4 sets of RCAs from the AMP are to the drivers helm. also I need to run a power and remote wire from the head unit to the drivers helm which is where the EQ will be. I know that you are not supposed to run the RCAs with power wires due to noise. I think I saw one post about trying to go under the carpet or straight over from the amp area to the drivers helm. Any ideas for me? I have a 08 LSV.

Thanks

jester
03-08-2009, 11:49 PM
If it is setup like my 08 Outback V then you can run the RCA's around the bow with the right side speaker wires and run the power from the power cables from the batter into the center ballest up under the dash. There are all ready power cables run for the power for the rest of the boat. You should be able to follow these cables and fish the new power cables thru.

deepcove
03-09-2009, 12:56 AM
At least yours is only on the rub rail. My boat launch is extremely steep and I have to put my boat partially on then pull out a bit and dry crank the bow over the roller then back in again to finish cranking the boat onto the trailer ( there is no way to back the trailer in far enought to get the bow over the front roller). Once I did not have the boat dry cranked up far enough and when I pulled out for stage 2 of a 3 step program the bow slipped over the roller and sucked into the 2 evil metal prongs that you have come to know well. Mine managed to mangle the rub rail and gel coat. very poor trailer design imo. I have sinced replaced mine with a nautique style trailer with the "V" blocks at the front of the trailer instead of the roller. This is far superior to the Boatmate design.

jjolson
03-10-2009, 12:04 AM
If it is setup like my 08 Outback V then you can run the RCA's around the bow with the right side speaker wires and run the power from the power cables from the batter into the center ballest up under the dash. There are all ready power cables run for the power for the rest of the boat. You should be able to follow these cables and fish the new power cables thru.

Thanks I will give that a look.