PDA

View Full Version : 77 Today on Lake Talquin in Tallahassee

kaneboats
03-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Got out for the first run of the season. Kids in shorties but I roughed it. Tried to work on the surf wake and try out the new board. I need some more ballast and have to position it a little better but was able to get some slack. Beautiful day but water was only about 64. Cold for us down south.

newty
03-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Can you sense the sarcasm? Maybe a touch of jealsouy. Ok... a lot of jealousy!!

jester
03-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks for sharing. It would be nice to have a week or month of 77 out. Shoot i would go for high 50's but it was snowing off and on all day. I also have to go with the jealousy.

On the other side it looks like you had a good day on the water and i can't be mad at you for that or sharing a great day.

deerfield
03-08-2009, 11:37 PM
kaneboats - Glad to see you guys are back on the water. Still cold here. Thanks for the pics. - Stuart

kaneboats
03-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I kept moving further forward. It still feels strange to me being raised on a slalom. When I feel like I'm leaning way forward I'm still probably not even close to neutral. At the end I felt like I was standing on the front of the board and leaning forward but I was probably only close to the middle and still60-40 weighted to the rear.

No complaints though. Great first day out.

moombadaze
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Good job there Pat, how low was the boat sittin?

We got out sunday ourselves and i had on a full wetsuit-getting to be the big whimp with cold water.

You should see our lake now- its so low you have to back out past the dock a good 10 feet with the truck just to get the trailer deep enough to float the boat off. crazy...i'll get a picture next weekend.

kaneboats
03-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry to hear about the lake level. I'm sure we will get some spring rains before long here. I went to Lake Talquin yesterday instead of the Flint hoping the water would be a little warmer. Not sure if I was right. I also wanted to stop by and see Bob Wells, who lives on the lake. He called me on Sat. to ask about changing transmission fluid. I said, "Guess what I'm doing right now?" Anyway, I was going to deliver my suction pump to him. When I talked to him on Sun. he said he and Josh used a pump out of a bottle of lotion and got all the fluid out and changed it already. So I left the pump in the truck.

moombadaze
03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I should being doing that today, fluids and such as im off work. Just to dang wore out sunburned and tired.

yearround
03-09-2009, 10:49 AM
looks like fun. i see at least one of your kids have red hair. i have 2 red kids, my wife is red too.

looking forward to getting in some 65 water, heck we don't even have air in the 60s for the next week or 2.

kaneboats
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
All three of my daughters are red and all three of the boys are blond. Can't explain it exactly. Stacy, I got sunburned a little on Sat. I was coaching softball from 10:30 to just after noon. Then I worked on the boat in the driveway for a couple hours. I got it on my forearms and neck. I was a little surprised but shouldn't be because it's getting to be spring break time and I haven't been in the sun in 5-6 months.

moombadaze
03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
well im hurtin now-just finished up presure washing the fence around the pool- were just about ready for summer:)

kaneboats
03-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I've been raking up leaves. We get fall about 3 times a year for some reason. Now it's the yellow pollen stuff, then the little twizzly things fall from the oaks. Pine straw never stops coming down. Oh well. At least no snow.

kennedy
03-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Yea, here in North Dakota we are having a blizzard today and will get about 10 inches of fresh snow. It is -3 below and blowing about 20mph from the north!!!

O well, we will break out the sleds and head down the trails again!!!

May, June, July and August cannot get here any faster!!!!

kaneboats
03-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I just heard some nasty storms are heading through the plains and the midwest. Everybody stay safe!

moombadaze
03-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Pat, ive givin up on raking leaves up-i just break out the mower and bag it all up. beats shoveling snow:D. We are in the pollen season full force--EVERTHING has a green dust on it. Cant keep the pool clean, filter keeps clogging up-but again beats shoveling snow:D

kaneboats
03-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I hear you. I told Donna that unless we were going to live on a mountain the stuff is a pain in the @__ and I hope I never see it again.

Sled491
03-11-2009, 09:41 PM
KB, I'm starting to really dislike you:)

Lucky Ba$#%@&, I hope all had funn!

kaneboats
03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Definitely had fun. Trying to find time to get out again on Sat. Might pop over and see Bob Wells.

moombadaze
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Pat, when does the water get warm on the flint?

MOOMBA_97
03-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I can answer that, Never.
Seriously though, it is cool till middle of the summer. That water comes from further North. Of course the older I get, the less I can tolerate the cold. That water in September was too cold for me.

Monty

Scottys
03-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Man am I jealous!! Here the water is still way too stiff to think about pulling the boat out of storage. As I write this I awoke to 8 deg this morning. In fact last weekend it was mandatory to remove your ice fishing schanty off the lakes in my area.
With any luck I be in the water in May(no dry suit or I would ski sooner). Been hitting the weights and stationary bike in the mean time to be ready to go.

eseebeck
03-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Nice to see you guys are already getting out. I am still using a power auger just to see water. There is open water on the faster moving rivers though.

About another 5 weeks and we'll be getting wet.

I like the curfew for fishermen idea. Think we can get it to work?

kaneboats
03-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I can answer that, Never.
Seriously though, it is cool till middle of the summer. That water comes from further North. Of course the older I get, the less I can tolerate the cold. That water in September was too cold for me.

Monty

Monty's right. It gets warm enough in late June where you won't complain about it. By late September it's getting pretty cold again. On the days in the upper 90's in August it feels very refreshing because it is still cool.

Sled491
03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Ran into a buddies wife today picking the kids up from school. They live on the Fox River by us. She said her husband is dying to get out and that the river is open by there house. I guess it's time to summerize and get it in.

By the way average temp today 27, brief high of 37.

moombadaze
03-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Sled, just to rub it in a little, my pool temp was 70 when i got home today:D

yearround
03-13-2009, 06:46 PM
My tomatoes are turning red and I have mucho fruit on my blueberry plants.

we don't even think about planting tomatoes until mothers days! can i send you a fedex label and you drop a bit of the fresh fruit out?

Mikey
03-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Our rule of thumb for planting here is May long weekend about the 21,unless you cover everything or they die.Enjoy your tomatoes Ed .You guys are being quite mean to those of us that have boats still buried in snow etc.LOL

KurtL
03-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Mikey,

I married a Canadian and she drug me almost to the boarder. It was minus
12F two nights ago. The ice didn't come off until second week in May last year. I'm afraid were in for a repeat here again.

moombadaze
03-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Also depends on how quickly I put the boat back together. Have all my floor panels out and motor still apart. I had better get started on these winter projects soon!

What is the floor doing out and why is the motor apart??

oh and just a little bit of info--went surfing today with no wet suite and after surfing and falling, the water didi not feel to bad. remember on the water temp wimp scale i may be just above zegm

Sled491
03-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Dude, I consider you my cyber space friend, but you suck!

Floor panels are out to cut in my fresh water strainer I bought from a fellow Moomba owner last fall, and to finish the install of my through hull transducer. I also have some above average leaking from my packing nut so I want to take care of this. By engine apart I mean all the hoses still off from winterizing.

Oh and I'm still wiating for my new graphics from Z decals as I wasn't happy with the first set and Nick stepped up to the plate to make it right.

Scottys
03-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Sled,
If your wife doesn't want to drive, I'll be your driver if you're in need of one :)
Love being on the water any chance I get.

moombadaze
03-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Dude, I consider you my cyber space friend, but you suck!

yea but you have all the toys, sleds,atv, lake house on a privat island--thats the best,wife who will send you diving. and all we have is just nice weather-lakes are drying up, and then there is the wind-that can sometimes be a little to windy:rolleyes:

Sled491
03-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Daze, we have to look at this from a happiness point of view. If your soul mate isn't happy with the cold and toys and she wants to be warm, then you would be in the envialble position. Toys can be bought, money can be earned and spent any way you want, but if your love of your life wants the Florida sun then your pooched. Especially after I just spent 10 mnths in Phoenix on a job while she sat a home doing the books/payroll and looking after jobs in the Forzen tundra.

The only thing I have going for me is that she doesn't want to move away from her family, so I get a buy for now:)