PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Outback V length

Alpha
03-08-2009, 05:31 PM
This is my first post so try not to tear me apart :) . I am a new Moomba owner. I purchased a 2009 Outback V in December (very excited about it). I have not pulled it home yet but will be soon. When I bought it I measured everything out and thought I would be able to get it in my garage at an angle. Now I am worried it is not going to fit. The sales guy gave me a measurement of 21' 8'' with the swim deck off. With that it will fit barely. But now I am reading that it is more like 22' 3'' and that will not fit. I wanted the swing away but the one they had didn't have it. They said it could take a while to order one and that they couldn't swap the trailer even if I paid the difference. So anyone know what the exact measurement is with out the swim deck attached? Also can I have my trailer converted to a swing away or has Moomba ever been known to let you trade up and pay the difference? Thanks for any help on this!

Alpha
03-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Is 19'' 11' with the trailer? I am sure I have an 09 just not sure of how long it is... lol. Here is a pic:

http://www.becktech.net/images/obv1.jpg

http://www.becktech.net/images/obv2.jpg

Alpha
03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Got the gravity III (and Wake plate) but just the standard speed control. They said I could always upgrade it if I decided I wanted the perfect pass. So is the swim deck exactly 2'?

deerfield
03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Alpha - Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Moomba family. I've heard a lot of good things about the Outback V. You can count on years of enjoyment with a Moomba. Coming up will be the third season with our 2007 Outback DD. What is your home state? With which dealer are you working? - Deerfield

wolfeman131
03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey Alpha, welcome to the Moomba clan! You'll love that boat, but I don't think you're getting it in a standard, 2 car garage (I'm guessing that's what you're talking about
when you say "at an angle") without the swing-away tongue.

I say this with the assumption that the trailer length on my '08 is the same as your '09 and that may be incorrect. If I am correct, I can tell you my experience was that I needed to collapse the tongue, remove the swim platform, take down some shelves, move the kids bikes and my golf clubs and I still got dirty looks from my wife as she had to duck under the folded tower and squeeze through a 2 ft opening with my infant son in her hands. But it was worth it! I got to show off to my neighbors and escape to my boat with a beer for the week or so it was here when I needed my Moomba fix.

I'd try and get something worked out with the dealer before you take the boat off their lot as I don't know what kind of demand there might be for what would be considered a used, orange Moomba/Boatmate trailer. I'd be even more demanding if they happened to have sold it to you under the premise that it would fit in your garage.

wake08
03-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Alpha is that at Lakota Watersports? I bought my Moomba from them pretty good guys there. Welcome

Alpha
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I am just outside of Cincinnati, OH. I did buy it form Lakota Water Sports and they have been great to work with. Although the sales guy I worked with is no longer there and he was the one that told me it should fit. Overall they have been great though. Not sure what I am going to do. It is a standard 2 car garage and it will be close but I do not think it will fit. I was told by the sales guy that Moomba doesn't allow them to swap trailers... something about the serial numbers are tied together or something. I also do not want to store the boat outside.. I am to crazy about keeping it clean and looking new.

wolfeman131
03-08-2009, 09:36 PM
wake & alpha,

I grew up in Columbus (Westerville 2 b exact) and lived in Cincy twice so I understand the Ohio weather and would agree that I'd want my boat inside if I could make that happen. I rented a warehouse space with a neighbor here in GA to store the toys over the last 5 months.

The deal about the serial numbers matching sounds like some BS to me. If they are good guys, I'd find my way to the owner and see what he/she says. Or, make them show you how it will fit in your garage before you make a big stink about it.

As a last resort, get Skier's Choice involved. They are awesome and, in my opinion, have great focus on customer service and customer satisfaction.

yearround
03-08-2009, 10:36 PM
welcome! i love the orange, that is the color i really wanted, but in the end, there are more in my family than me, i can't out vote everything.

one thing to consider is the trailer is steel, paint and some wires. i would think that the tongue could be modified to a swing. it may possibly void a warranty.

when i ordered my boat last year, i really wanted the belly mount spare. at first, my dealer said it was not possible. i had talked to boat mate and they, and the dealer, we offering to put on the belly mount after the trailer was delivered to the dealer.

in the end, i was able to get the trailer with the belly mount, and i am very glad for it! you are in a different deal as you have bought the boat off the floor.

smokedog2
03-08-2009, 11:08 PM
The 09 is several feet longer than my 05 LSV. I know a guy that gets a 22/24 foot Supra in his garage with the swing tongue. It is a little extra deep. It is not easy and he has at least an inch on each side.

Get yourself a couple spotters the first time you try. Those two wheeled dollies with the ball help. Get the heavy duty one.

SD2

smokedog2
03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
If you are putting it in sideways in a two car garage, you will eventually need other storage anyway.

SD2

deerfield
03-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I am to crazy about keeping it clean and looking new.

alpha - Nothing wrong with that. Clean and looking new is good. - Deerfield

kaneboats
03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Alpha,

Welcome to the family! Great times ahead.

moombadaze
03-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Alpha, welcome to the roo clan.

When i bought my boat off the showroom floor it had a single axle trailer and was a 08 model that i bought in july, i told them i wanted/had to have a dual axle trailer for this boat, they agreed to that and let me use that trailer until mine came in and that took just about a month-even used that trailer on a 1,000 mile road trip, anyway when my trailer did show up it was a 09 model. Moral of my story is they can do this but sounds like they dont want to help out to much. I did pay for the upgrade.

Something else contact Boatmate trailers and see if they will send you dirctly the swivel conversion parts so that you can take and have that done. I have done this on a fishing boat trailer and its really not that hard but i did not have to weld it as it was a bolt on kit.

Enjoy your new boat

poohlvhun
03-10-2009, 01:31 AM
i fit my garage at an angle(20X20) in only because of the swing away tongue,
without that i'll need a 22 deep garage.
the new outback v is about 1/2 foot shorter than the outback, so maybe 21.5 at the minimum, hope this helps!

Alpha
03-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Well I went over to the Moomba Dealer yesterday to measure the boat for myself. It was 21'5'' if i take the swim deck off. My old boat was an i/o and was 20'10'' with the a swing-away. It cleared with room to spare so I think i am going to be ok. I bring the boat home tomorrow!! Cant wait! i will be sitting in the garage in the boat with the stereo cranked all weekend. :)

wolfeman131
03-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Good luck Alpha and CONGRATS! Take & post some pics once you get her in the garage.

smokedog2
03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Buy a dry suit and beat the crowds.

SD2

Alpha
03-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Got it home and got it in the garage! It fit, but barely! Ended up that it fit fine but the tower having to fold forward made the front end of the boat wider than I had planed for. I have to hold the tower a foot of the front while my wife runs the garage door down. The I let it the rest of the way down and it rest on the garage door. :) I am going to move some stuff around and move a shelf up about 6'' and that should let me move the boat back another 3'' or 4''. Then it will clear the door with room to spare. Picture proof coming soon. Bad thing now is it is too cold to even sit in it in the garage!

Sled491
03-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Alpha, welcome. Enjoy the boat.

Couple of things to consider. Gonna need heat in that garage for your make believe weekends on the lake when you need a break mid winter:)

Second I agree with earlier posts. If it's gonna take that much to put your boat away every time you use it (and by the sounds of it your already a lake person), you may want to look at some off campus storage! If my wife had to park her car outside all winter I'd be one unhappy man if you get what I mean.

wolfeman131
03-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Got it home and got it in the garage! It fit, but barely!

Glad it worked out!

moomba07
03-12-2009, 12:54 AM
This is my first post so try not to tear me apart :) . I am a new Moomba owner. I purchased a 2009 Outback V in December (very excited about it). I have not pulled it home yet but will be soon. When I bought it I measured everything out and thought I would be able to get it in my garage at an angle. Now I am worried it is not going to fit. The sales guy gave me a measurement of 21' 8'' with the swim deck off. With that it will fit barely. But now I am reading that it is more like 22' 3'' and that will not fit. I wanted the swing away but the one they had didn't have it. They said it could take a while to order one and that they couldn't swap the trailer even if I paid the difference. So anyone know what the exact measurement is with out the swim deck attached? Also can I have my trailer converted to a swing away or has Moomba ever been known to let you trade up and pay the difference? Thanks for any help on this!

Hey man nice boat, my outback v is an 07'..But you can take your swim platform off and just set it aside in the garage, your boat should fit then. There is just 2 little quick pins underneath over each exhaust flaps, just pull them out and the platform should slide out towards ya..its real easy.

moombadaze
03-12-2009, 07:28 AM
good job getting the boat in. I know about close fitting for backing into a garage, but there is something to be said for it being all tucked in there safe and sound.